Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bleeping despise her. I once looked after my friends daughter for a few days, and I seen and heard Peppa Pig everywhere. I didnā€™t know whether to kill myself or spit roast peppa on an open fire. I was almost brought to my wits end and with tears in my eyes I was asking her, almost pleading with her ā€œCan we please watch Ben and Hollyā€
Lucky it wasn't Ryans Toy Review or Blippy šŸ˜§

Reactions: 2
I used to work with a girl who's shift finished at 3, but she would always go for a "half 2 poo" so she could do it on work time before she picked the kids up from school šŸ¤£

There was also the phantom poo monster who never flushed, and as I worked with a lot of heath care professionals, there was always a Bristol Stool chart in the toilet for referencešŸ¤£
The phantom shitter! ..ive worked a few places with one of those! Its a myth that ladies are more refined in the toilet than men ! šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The phantom shitter! ..ive worked a few places with one of those! Its a myth that ladies are more refined in the toilet than men ! šŸ¤£
I'd have to agree ! I remember going into the toilets in work and the :poop: was hanging over the bowl it was about 3ft long everyone came in to have a look we'd never seen anything like it ,it was either the male cleaners from the night before or a passing elephant :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Unpopular opinion...

Successful people don't buy brands like YSL, Gucci, Vuitton etc.

Most of the time it's people buying them labels to boost their sad little ego, so they spend half their wages simply to look great on Instagram.
They are the brands which appeal to the chavs and most of them have knock-offs anyway, which is even more desperate.

An Irish Oreo šŸ˜‹ I like a biscuit with a jingle to it šŸ˜View attachment 877821
My Irish mum used to like this combination. šŸ¤¢

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think itā€™s sad that Christianity has declined so much and that going to church on Sunday isnā€™t really a thing people do anymore. I donā€™t go to church but I do think faith is a great thing to have and often think of going along. Itā€™s a sad thought that in a few decades time a lot of the churches in the UK will be pretty much empty on Sundays.
Good riddance, pedalo priest and evils nuns had the run of Ireland for decades.
Taking babies from young women and adopting them out to rich families or throwing them into a septic tank with 700+ more babies to die.. Not to mention the abuse these women suffered whilst in mother and baby homes. I could give 100s of examples of the evil practiced by the Catholic Church in my country alone but I hear news reports that it wasn't just Ireland that had problems with the catholic Church.
Practice your religion but these evil money grabbing cunts don't have a place in modern society.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
As someone who hasn't spoken to their father for all but 6 years of their life, I disagree. Not having a father figure doesn't always mean disaster.
I havenā€™t seen or spoken to my father for 17 years, I agree not having them around is not a disaster. But you know who he is right? Thatā€™s what isnā€™t available to children conceived using sperm donation until they are adults and thatā€™s what I think is wrong.

I also think panicking and having a baby with a totally unsuitable man because the biological clock is ticking is actually a worse idea. I have a few friends in this situation, successful women who have never met 'the one', now reaching mid-late 30s, and are freezing their eggs. Far better this, and potentially use a donor than rush a relationship with the next seemingly suitable man and it all falling apart quickly. Is just my take. At least the child will know how wanted and loved they are by their mother that she would go to those lengths to have them - than have a half-arsed Dad that pops in and out of their lives because they felt she 'trapped' him to have a baby.
Neither are great options IMO.

Absolutely agree. I have no issue with anyone being a single parent due to circumstance either the other parent walked out or died or didnā€™t want to know most single parents do a great job raising their kids, but deliberately bringing a child into the world for your own fulfilment is selfish and wrong. I know a friend of her friend who did this in her 40s because she hadnā€™t met mr right. The child has special needs and will be reliant on her for the rest of their life but due to being an older mum she may not be around by the time he is middle aged (of course anyone can die at any age but your chances increase as you get older obviously). A baby is not an entitlement and she would of been better off getting a dog or fostering an existing child who needs love and attention.
That must be such a worry for your friend.

I agree - the sooner people stop viewing children as a ā€˜rightā€™ or a tick box exercise to fulfil the better. Children and the idea of them is so commodified it actually gives me the creeps.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I think itā€™s sad that Christianity has declined so much and that going to church on Sunday isnā€™t really a thing people do anymore. I donā€™t go to church but I do think faith is a great thing to have and often think of going along. Itā€™s a sad thought that in a few decades time a lot of the churches in the UK will be pretty much empty on Sundays.
If you don't to church, you're kind of part of the very problem you're complaining about, don't you think?

Reactions: 8
I'd have to agree ! I remember going into the toilets in work and the :poop: was hanging over the bowl it was about 3ft long everyone came in to have a look we'd never seen anything like it ,it was either the male cleaners from the night before or a passing elephant :sick:
have you worked with me in the past lol ?
We had one similar! it was early days of mobiles with cameras ..the girl who found it has to take photo as she couldn't believe something so huge had come out of a woman!
Did always wonder if it was some bloke at work with some wiers fetish doing it !!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Unpopular opinion

Influencers are possibly the worst thing to come out of the 2010s.
I think I'm the odd one out on tattle because I'm not even sure what an influencer is or indeed many of the other things and people spoken about here, I seem to spend half the time reading the threads and the rest googling

The only forums I have on view are off-topic, advice, forum stuff and two other random threads from other parts. (those vegan guys and Jodie Marsh) Maybe I'm missing out but I'm thinking proberbly not šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Good riddance, pedalo priest and evils nuns had the run of Ireland for decades.
Taking babies from young women and adopting them out to rich families or throwing them into a septic tank with 700+ more babies to die.. Not to mention the abuse these women suffered whilst in mother and baby homes. I could give 100s of examples of the evil practiced by the Catholic Church in my country alone but I hear news reports that it wasn't just Ireland that had problems with the catholic Church.
Practice your religion but these evil money grabbing cunts don't have a place in modern society.
Too much religion is bad for you.

Reactions: 2
Religion is bad, evil even, in all its forms.

The social and community aspect of churches and other religious centres I get. Believing in and worshipping a deity is silly, at best.

Some religious beliefs are dangerous and pure madness sometimes.

Reactions: 14
I wouldnā€™t go that far but some take it to extremes , it can be a great comfort or a worst enemy itā€™s how you approach it.

Reactions: 8
While I agree a lot of religious behaviours are questionable, there are also plenty of religious people who get about their lives bothering no one.

Believe what you want or donā€™t, but I think mocking other people for their beliefs is hideous. If they are harming no one, let people do/have what gets them through the day, life is hard enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Cockapoos and poodle crosses are for basic people who know very little about dogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.