Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But the NHS can't just go on opinion as people will say the option is bias. So they made up this stupid BMI thing that for a lot of people doesn't work.
The BMI is about 100 years older than the NHS.

I agree it's not the most useful calculator of health, given it doesn't take build etc into account.

Reactions: 9
Sorry I know this will be controversial but hear me out 🤣

Mine is dogs. See, I like dogs but I see a growing trend of dogs being everywhere. Dogs in pubs, dogs in cafes, dogs at work. No no no no no.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This thread never fails to make me laugh like a loon every morning. I always save it for when I have fully woken up had coffee etc and always have pages and pages to get through.

Yes, dogs and cats who are normal size are being taken to the vets as strays because they are not fat puddings like your pets and therefore they are either neglected or stray. Leave other people animals alone, stop feeding them and stop taking them to the vets. You will 100% know when you see a real case of neglect.

Homemade rice pudding and tin rice pudding are not the same. they should have different names.

• Haha
Sorry I know this will be controversial but hear me out 🤣

Mine is dogs. See, I like dogs but I see a growing trend of dogs being everywhere. Dogs in pubs, dogs in cafes, dogs at work. No no no no no.
I was at a cafe the other day accompanying someone with a rollator /zimmer. There where 3 dogs. We couldn't get past a big one lying in front of the only table left. The owner did nothing to move his dog and my friend almost rolled his wheels over the dogs tail accidentally. There was barking and whimpering when other dogs arrived. That was the first time ever I've seen a dog in a cafe but not just one in this one but many and as you say I think it's a new thing and I'm really not a fan, especially not at the expense of those with mobility issues and dogs lying in the way potentially causing accidents/taking up space, never mind the hygiene aspect.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
*Takes deep breath
Plus this isn’t ALL families*
Anyway a lot of the families that need help to feed their kids actually need help with budgeting and batch cooking. Planning meals and how to get the most out of food.
Couldn’t agree more. Especially when people try to make out it’s cheaper to eat more unhealthily. No it’s not. I used to have an awful diet largely consisting of ready meals after work but since I decided to take better care of myself and plan meals for the week and batch cook I’ve saved a fortune.

Reactions: 13
I get very frustrated when I see people saying that buying junk food is cheaper than fresh. That is nonsense. Fresh vegetables are very cheap and you can pick up something like chicken thighs for a very reasonable price. It's far cheaper than buying boxes of pizza or oven chips.
for my parents, they had an OK income but had no clue how to cool or budget or handle money. They made reckless decisions with money and wasted food, and got into debt in the process.

A lot of food is healthy and cheaper. Pasta, rice, pulses, seasonal veg are all really cheap. Growing herbs is cheap. Food in the U.K. is some of the cheapest (and best quality) in the world.

as an example, a premade family lasagne in Tesco is £4, to buy all the ingredients to make a lasagne costs about £6, but obviously you have leftover ingredients for your next meal, you can make a larger portion of lasagne and it’s healthier than the store bought version. To make a Vegetarian lasagne is even cheaper/healthier.

so I fully agree that most parents who need help feeding their children, probably need help with budgeting.

Reactions: 10
Unpopular opinion...

Successful people don't buy brands like YSL, Gucci, Vuitton etc.

Most of the time it's people buying them labels to boost their sad little ego, so they spend half their wages simply to look great on Instagram.
Also I’ve found that they are often made in Asia which makes me think are sweatshops making these things? You’d think that a designer brand would make it in Italy, France, U.K. etc since the prices are so inflated. Plus the materials used are often cheap - one brand was using brass for ‘gold’ earrings which cost over £2,000, the cashmere jumpers have a mix of cashmere and polyester, etc.
I don’t mind paying a bit extra for something every so often but it has to be worth it.

Also I’ve found that they are often made in Asia which makes me think are sweatshops making these things? You’d think that a designer brand would make it in Italy, France, U.K. etc since the prices are so inflated. Plus the materials used are often cheap - one brand was using brass for ‘gold’ earrings which cost over £2,000, the cashmere jumpers have a mix of cashmere and polyester, etc.
I don’t mind paying a bit extra for something every so often but it has to be worth it.
I had to look into some high end designer items for work once. A lot of the fashion houses make their stuff in China as you say, from regular old polyester. The quality wasn’t stand out but they were some of the biggest fashion houses. No wonder China is able to mass produce fakes as good as the originals!

I had an ex who was “old money”. He said that upper middle class girls never have designer branded stuff like handbags. It was very much something he associated with people who want to give the impression of being wealthy, new money etc. Because it’s essentially a walking advertisement of wealth, since everyone knows they cost a lot. To wealthy people, it’s a waste of money. They know they have it so don’t need to convince others they do.

Reactions: 15
I was at a cafe the other day accompanying someone with a rollator /zimmer. There where 3 dogs. We couldn't get past a big one lying in front of the only table left. The owner did nothing to move his dog and my friend almost rolled his wheels over the dogs tail accidentally. There was barking and whimpering when other dogs arrived. That was the first time ever I've seen a dog in a cafe but not just one in this one but many and as you say I think it's a new thing and I'm really not a fan, especially not at the expense of those with mobility issues and dogs lying in the way potentially causing accidents/taking up space, never mind the hygiene aspect.
I was once on a train with a dog laying in the aisle, which is great when it's difficult to see.

I do love dogs, but why do people need to take them everywhere? Especially when they get in the way.

I was once on a train with a dog laying in the aisle, which is great when it's difficult to see.

I do love dogs, but why do people need to take them everywhere? Especially when they get in the way.
i take my dog everywhere because 1. I love her company 2. It makes her life better. She loves going on little adventures. 3. It wouldn’t be good for her to be left alone all day 4. She usually brings a smile to the faces of most people. I’ve travelled throughout the U.K. with her, and all over london. Most people love to come up and say hi, a lot of people will ask to stroke or pet her (which she loves) and ask me questions about her.

she’s quite small and well behaved so she’s perhaps a little less annoying than bigger dogs though

Reactions: 7
my Dad lives in the west country..the amount of dogs everywhere when we go to visit is unreal (especially with last 2 years of stay cations).
Dogs are not allowed on one of the beaches during the summer and the other one they must remain on a lead. theres always a large number of owners who think this doesnt apply to their pets !
we were having lunch in the bar area of one of the hotels near where my Dad lives. The bar area accommodates dogs at certain tables (subject to availability) us and another family happened to be seated in these seats when a group turned up with several dogs..they were asked if they minded waiting until a dog friendly table became available. The cheeky entitled cow said to the waiter cant you move either of those people there so we can sit down now ! no you effing well cant ..im mid way through my lunch !
I like dogs too but theres a lot of owners are something else and dont appreciate some dont want there beloved fur babies encroaching or stinking near them!

• Wow
Reactions: 20
No dairy free alternatives taste alright in tea. Not even the ones designed for tea. They’re all rank.

• Heart
My unpopular opinion is that.. I wish more people tagged where they got their clothes from on Instagram.

I just saw a girl I follow (because she uses her insta to sell some paintings and I’m a fan) tag her dress and I was admiring it.

a girl I went to school with, we follow each other on insta. I love her dress sense but I’m too self conscious to comment under everything asking where she got it :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This thread never fails to make me laugh like a loon every morning. I always save it for when I have fully woken up had coffee etc and always have pages and pages to get through.

Yes, dogs and cats who are normal size are being taken to the vets as strays because they are not fat puddings like your pets and therefore they are either neglected or stray. Leave other people animals alone, stop feeding them and stop taking them to the vets. You will 100% know when you see a real case of neglect.

Homemade rice pudding and tin rice pudding are not the same. they should have different names.
Fat puddings 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My unpopular opinion is that there aren’t many unpopular opinions on these threads! I want the juicy stuff not 20 pages on ranking biscuits !!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I had to look into some high end designer items for work once. A lot of the fashion houses make their stuff in China as you say, from regular old polyester. The quality wasn’t stand out but they were some of the biggest fashion houses. No wonder China is able to mass produce fakes as good as the originals!

I had an ex who was “old money”. He said that upper middle class girls never have designer branded stuff like handbags. It was very much something he associated with people who want to give the impression of being wealthy, new money etc. Because it’s essentially a walking advertisement of wealth, since everyone knows they cost a lot. To wealthy people, it’s a waste of money. They know they have it so don’t need to convince others they do.
In my experience upper middle class wear their wealth too. Maybe not in the way new money does but its just as obvious.
My unpopular opinion is that I love my "designer" bags, make up and clothes. I haven't yet encountered any made in china. I love them and they make me feel good.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.