Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly this! So many people used to claim their drink got spiked, simply because they got more shitfaced than they intended 😄
My daughter in law is a police officer. She says they have had numerous reports of injections in our city and not one has shown any substance in the body other than what the complainant has admitted to having taken themselves.

Reactions: 3
My daughter in law is a police officer. She says they have had numerous reports of injections in our city and not one has shown any substance in the body other than what the complainant has admitted to having taken themselves.
To be fair, A&E don’t test as a matter of routine, many tranquilliser type substances have a very short half life, and a standard drug panel doesn’t test for date rape drugs 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I live on the Kent coast. It's a rural, quite impoverished area, rural poverty affects our schools quite badly. Housing shortages abound. Our council is the first to have to take care of the under age migrants.

But I still think we could handle all of this so much better, rather than Pritti bleeping Useless Patel going all gungho. Today's commentary has really pissed me off - a tragedy like this has been inevitable for so long, and yet it's only now after 31 people drowned that it becomes significant?
Probably because Macron is standing by and doing nothing :rolleyes: the images of the wee boy washed up in Turkey a few years ago was heartbreaking there needs to be more done to tackle people smuggling too .

Reactions: 5
I think IACGMOOH has run its course. Or is it that I just hate the Welsh Setting? The bushtucker trials are so over done and boring now. Same every year. Not much 'celebs' this year.
It was shockingly bad last year and the current series is appalling. Where are the personalities? Where are the celebrities? We need someone like Lady C to come in and spice things up.

It was shockingly bad last year and the current series is appalling. Where are the personalities? Where are the celebrities? We need someone like Lady C to come in and spice things up.
Maybe Lauren Harries might take over from Richard Madeley now he's out 😂 at least they''ll be able to rest easy incase he knicked their hammock from under them ;)

• Haha
I think IACGMOOH has run its course. Or is it that I just hate the Welsh Setting? The bushtucker trials are so over done and boring now. Same every year. Not much 'celebs' this year.
It had run its course ten years ago IMO.

Reactions: 7
Homework should be scrapped .6hrs of schooling a day is enough ,a few pages of reading is all that's needed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
There was a recent spate of people rocking up to our A&E department, claiming they had been spiked.

They were all tested for the usual suspects - midazolam, rohypnol, and various other sedatives and there were none present, but alcohol levels were very high.

My theory is people overdrink, behave badly, do something stupid then claim they were spiked so it's not their fault.

I'm not claiming spiking doesn't happen, Just not as often as the media would have us believe. The majority of men don't want to have sex with a barely conscious woman unable to consent.

There was a recent spate of people rocking up to our A&E department, claiming they had been spiked.

They were all tested for the usual suspects - midazolam, rohypnol, and various other sedatives and there were none present, but alcohol levels were very high.

My theory is people overdrink, behave badly, do something stupid then claim they were spiked so it's not their fault.

I'm not claiming spiking doesn't happen, Just not as often as the media would have us believe. The majority of men don't want to have sex with a barely conscious woman unable to consent.
my drink was spiked years ago (I am 35 now, happened when I was 18) I had had one drink, my friend who i was with wasn't drinking. I didn;t report it as the club I was at refused to give me a testing kit.
I think you are in denial about how many men want to this

• Sad
Reactions: 11
my drink was spiked years ago (I am 35 now, happened when I was 18) I had had one drink, my friend who i was with wasn't drinking. I didn;t report it as the club I was at refused to give me a testing kit.
That's awful, I hope you are okay now. The thought there are lots of creepy men wanting their women to be half-conscious or even unconscious so they can have sex with then is horrifying. I'm not in denial, just naive.

That's awful, I hope you are okay now. The thought there are lots of creepy men wanting their women to be half-conscious or even unconscious so they can have sex with then is horrifying. I'm not in denial, just naive.
sorry I didn't want my post to sound aggressive, it is not a bad thing to actually have faith in humanity!

Reactions: 6
David Walliams is creepy AF. I don't understand his popularity.

Despite thinking he is a twit I loved Little Britain and think it is politically correctness going mad for scrubbing some of the characters from the series. You can't white wash the past.

Reactions: 19
I do believe drink spiking happens, I personally know of at least two young women who have come home paralytically drunk after only having a couple of drinks. It’s the injected spiking which I think is nowhere near as common place as the Daily Fail would have us believe

Homework should be scrapped .6hrs of schooling a day is enough ,a few pages of reading is all that's needed.
understand the argument people have when kids are young and homework can be a struggle (i have my own so i really get it) however looking at the way bigger picture homework promotes a culture of autonomy, responsibility and self led learning.

Its not just about a teacher throwing out extra work or what hasn’t been finished during the day. Our lives evolve with responsibility and self awareness and on another level homework promotes this.

• Heart
understand the argument people have when kids are young and homework can be a struggle (i have my own so i really get it) however looking at the way bigger picture homework promotes a culture of autonomy, responsibility and self led learning.

Its not just about a teacher throwing out extra work or what hasn’t been finished during the day. Our lives evolve with responsibility and self awareness and on another level homework promotes this.
There’s lots of other things promote that too not just homework.I think most of the MH issues we’re seeing now is down to pressure to perform from a young age .Those who excel at education will always excel no matter the age it comes naturally to some people while others just find it tiresome everyone is not the same academically but manage very well in adult life.

• Heart
There’s lots of other things promote that too not just homework.I think most of the MH issues we’re seeing now is down to pressure to perform from a young age .Those who excel at education will always excel no matter the age it comes naturally to some people while others just find it tiresome everyone is not the same academically but manage very well in adult life.
Unpopular opinion but I think a lot of today’s MH issues has come from social media, filtered photos and unrealistic beauty standards as well as there being too much pressure to keep up with the joneses. Kids these days have electronic devices and brands to try to keep up with. Throw in that a lot of them have no discipline or accountability and homework is the least of their problems

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I wish name changes were allowed again cos I wanna change mine to this now
You should go and ask nicely on that thread in forum business. I know it says in the title that name changes are not allowed but it doesn’t seem to stop anyone from trying their luck😂

(joking, mods please don’t shout at me😅)

Robin Williams was crap!

His stand up wasnt funny and his name is a hallmark for a crap movie. Mrs Doubtfire is basically 2 hours of proof as to why his character should be denied any and all access to his children.
Patch Adams is about a clown doctor!

His suicide was a tragedy and it is clear he was a very lovely man in real life.

But his entire professional C.V. is toilet roll. There I said it.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

Bicentennial Man is a classic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.