Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who clog up new tattle threads with comments such as “thanks for starting a new thread xxx” etc can get in the sea. Where’s the goss

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think IACGMOOH has run its course. Or is it that I just hate the Welsh Setting? The bushtucker trials are so over done and boring now. Same every year. Not much 'celebs' this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
In light of recent events, this may be very unpopular but here goes:

You can have sympathy for the people that drowned in the channel and still not want them to be allowed to come here.

Not wanting unchecked migration does not make you a racist or a horrible person.

Many of us are already fighting for health care, housing, social care, policing. The thought of having hundreds of thousands of migrants coming here putting a further strain on public services rightly scares some people. I think those that think they should all be welcomed here with open arms are those that can afford private health care etc.

I don't think we should even be taking about housing the words "needy" in large numbers, until we sort out the inequalities in this country and public services.
I totally agree. And I’m fed up of being called a racist just for wanting a serious discussion about it. Also I live in a rather poor area and it’s always our areas that seem to receive most of these migrants. They never seem to end up in Chelsea or Kensington etc
As you say I have all the sympathy for those who passed but until they go after the traffickers and stop making the uk sound like the land of milk and honey. Nothing will change
NB-illegal not legal immigrants. And I’m fed up of folk conflating the 2

Reactions: 13
In light of recent events, this may be very unpopular but here goes:

You can have sympathy for the people that drowned in the channel and still not want them to be allowed to come here.

Not wanting unchecked migration does not make you a racist or a horrible person.

Many of us are already fighting for health care, housing, social care, policing. The thought of having hundreds of thousands of migrants coming here putting a further strain on public services rightly scares some people. I think those that think they should all be welcomed here with open arms are those that can afford private health care etc.

I don't think we should even be taking about housing the words "needy" in large numbers, until we sort out the inequalities in this country and public services.
I saw a couple of weeks ago that the people they rescued from Afganistan want to go back they can't stand being cooped up in the hotels and it will be a long time before they can offer them housing.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Do people only go to one GP anymore? I haven’t for years. Always just have an appointment with whoever is available first. I think technically you have an allocated GP ‘responsible’ for your care but you don’t have to be seen by them. I think I’ve only ever seen two GPs more than once each.
Our GP surgery only allows you to see /speak to your own GP. Bit rubbish when your allocated GP works part time so you can never get an appointment because she's not in on the days you're off work!

Reactions: 2
Unpopular opinion...

Successful people don't buy brands like YSL, Gucci, Vuitton etc.

Most of the time it's people buying them labels to boost their sad little ego, so they spend half their wages simply to look great on Instagram.
My boss (v successful and loaded) wears a lot of designer clothes but they’re always plain and not obviously designer if you know what I mean. She was wearing a plain black coat today, only clocked it was Prada when she hung it on the back of her chair.

Reactions: 6
I saw a couple of weeks ago that the people they rescued from Afganistan want to go back they can't stand being cooped up in the hotels and it will be a long time before they can offer them housing.
Also people who assume that the illegal migrants are all poor….. no. They PAY to come to the UK, sometimes tens of thousands of pounds. If they have the money, they could do through the proper channels to legally come here. But they don’t and the expectation that they can rock up here with no money, no paperwork - no nothing infuriates me no end.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
I think IACGMOOH has run its course. Or is it that I just hate the Welsh Setting? The bushtucker trials are so over done and boring now. Same every year. Not much 'celebs' this year.
It’s tit. To begin with it was less tit but now it’s a big old pile of stale poo 💩

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It is the Welsh setting there’s no challenge in it and I kind of liked watching the nice sunshine of the Aussie summer and heat in November and December

Reactions: 5
It's just not that easy to inject someone. My husband had to give me injections after I gave birth, it wasn't that easy and I was laying still with my trousers down. Also most of these people claiming they got injected didn't get assulted, raped or robbed. Which is usually the reason for spiking someone.

People do spike other people, but they usually slip something in their drink or just ply them with drugs and alcohol.

This new injection thing is a mass hysteria causes by social media. The same thing happened with drink spiking when I was young. People would swear blind they were spiked (when no assult had taken place), when they'd just had too much to drink.
There have been reviews undertaken of cases where these claims have made and every single one found no evidence of a needle injury and nothing more than alcohol in their system. But because it was published in the Daily Mail (despite being written by an eminent pharmacologist!) it can’t be true 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
There have been reviews undertaken of cases where these claims have made and every single one found no evidence of a needle injury and nothing more than alcohol in their system. But because it was published in the Daily Mail (despite being written by an eminent pharmacologist!) it can’t be true 🤷‍♀️
The same thing apparently happened at that concert where people died. but its puts the idea into people's minds and nothing will take that away

Reactions: 1
Also people who assume that the illegal migrants are all poor….. no. They PAY to come to the UK, sometimes tens of thousands of pounds. If they have the money, they could do through the proper channels to legally come here. But they don’t and the expectation that they can rock up here with no money, no paperwork - no nothing infuriates me no end.
There are some genuine cases but I always think if you were being so badly persecuted in your own country wouldn't you just seek shelter at the nearest safe haven instead of travelling through many countries to find it .I think they see the UK as the land of plenty but are shocked to find most people are worse off than them and not everyone is lord of the manor .

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I totally agree. And I’m fed up of being called a racist just for wanting a serious discussion about it. Also I live in a rather poor area and it’s always our areas that seem to receive most of these migrants. They never seem to end up in Chelsea or Kensington etc
As you say I have all the sympathy for those who passed but until they go after the traffickers and stop making the uk sound like the land of milk and honey. Nothing will change
NB-illegal not legal immigrants. And I’m fed up of folk conflating the 2
I agree with this, the distribution of refugees (in England anyway) is totally unfair, i tneeds to be more considered, i,e, there are loads of areas that NEED "unskilled" (I hate this word hence the "") jobs that people could do. It is clearly something no poliiticians put any thought into, imo

Reactions: 3
Also most of these people claiming they got injected didn't get assulted, raped or robbed. Which is usually the reason for spiking someone.

People do spike other people, but they usually slip something in their drink or just ply them with drugs and alcohol.

This new injection thing is a mass hysteria causes by social media. The same thing happened with drink spiking when I was young. People would swear blind they were spiked (when no assult had taken place), when they'd just had too much to drink.
Exactly this! So many people used to claim their drink got spiked, simply because they got more shitfaced than they intended 😄

Definitely!

I watched most of last year, I think because of the change in location, but haven't managed a single second of this series. Just the thought of the repetitiveness, Ant and Dec's crap jokes, the endless adverts and the fact it's on every night is enough to make me not bother.

I live on the Kent coast. It's a rural, quite impoverished area, rural poverty affects our schools quite badly. Housing shortages abound. Our council is the first to have to take care of the under age migrants.

But I still think we could handle all of this so much better, rather than Pritti bleeping Useless Patel going all gungho. Today's commentary has really pissed me off - a tragedy like this has been inevitable for so long, and yet it's only now after 31 people drowned that it becomes significant?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.