Unpopular opinions #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a generation of snowflakes and they need to grow the duck up. We need to stop enabling snowflake behaviour as a society and stop being so damn PC about everything. The popularity that comes with being offended needs to go too.

I also hate the fact youre expected to “trigger warning” things that aren’t even remotely controversial and the fact you can’t say certain things now without worrying if you’ll “trigger” people, eg things like “man up” or calling someone a “big girls blouse”, saying things like “girls and boys “or “ladies and gentlemen”, telling people to “suck it up”. It’s like people go out of their way to be offended. It’s not cool, you’re a snowflake. Just sayin.
This morning they were apologising for racist language being broadcast as part of that cricketer case.

We're not children, we are not going to start shaking in a corner if we hear racist words. And the people who those words are being directed at are probably quite hardened to them.

I'm not saying we should be using those sorts of words casually, but as long as its necessary for the report or story it's fine and adults don't need trigger warnings for words. They have a trigger warning on Outlaws for it too.

Reactions: 10
You could say that about any child though. Being born to a father and mother doesn’t automatically mean you’re going to have a great life, being born via a surrogate doesn’t mean you’re automatically going to have a crappy one.
But surrogacy starts the child's life out with trauma. Depending on the situation they may not know some or all of their genealogy which can leave an identity whole. Anyone who has had a baby knows how clingy they are to their mum for the first few months. Mum is the only thing they know, she is instant comfort. Surrogacy takes that away with out the babies concent like it's a thing to be bought and traded and it's cruel. In normal circumstances we only take children from their mothers in the most extreme circumstances and it's considered a very sad thing, but in surrogacy it's celebrated. Even puppies stay with their mother for 12 weeks before being sold -we have more regards for dogs wellbeing than humans.

Most people start a pregnancy with good inentions. No things don't always work out right and some people are tit parents, but that's not a reason to buy and sell women and babies. People also always have this view that people that use surrogates will be amazing parents. There is no guarantee to that, they could be awful parents, just the same with biological ones. But it must be much harder to handle if you parents not only bought you, but are horrible too.

Reactions: 2
i feel like traditions are now looked down on because of the woke-a-demic.

soon a man holding open a car door will be called the oppression of female….yawn 😏
There was a guy at work who the sweetest and most polite person I've ever come across. He held open the door for one of my female colloquies who barked at him 'I'm capable of opening a door thanks' . The look on his face. He'd have done it for anyone tbh.

My dad in his 80's still insists on walking on the outside of the pavement when I'm with him. I find it endearing.

Reactions: 14
Loofahs or body puffs are manky and unhygienic, using a wash cloth is much better

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Christmas cards are a massive waste of paper/card and ink, and most often people open them then say “aw” then chuck them or put them up to gather dust for 2 weeks before throwing away. Even recycling them uses energy, better they are not produced in the first place. I’m not an eco warrior but the Christmas card thing seems so pointless and wasteful and people guilted into buying and sending them. Get rid, sent texts and emails instead.

Reactions: 20
If you want to donate something, dont do it via Children in Need, donate directly to the charity they are featuring. Same goes for Comic Relief, Stand Up to Cancer etc etc.

CiN did something about Hearing Dogs for Deaf people last night - which is a great charity and I'm sure they were glad of the awareness, but it's much more effective to donate directly to the charity of your choice rather than an umbrella organisation.

There was a guy at work who the sweetest and most polite person I've ever come across. He held open the door for one of my female colloquies who barked at him 'I'm capable of opening a door thanks' . The look on his face. He'd have done it for anyone tbh.

My dad in his 80's still insists on walking on the outside of the pavement when I'm with him. I find it endearing.
Usually it's the same women who expect men to pay for a date but god forbid they want to hold a door open for them. Feminism when it comes to having to be seen as independent and strong, but happy to freeload!

Every single male delivery driver we have offers to put heavy parcels in the house for me. Could I take that as patronising? Sure. But you know what, they are right, they are stronger than me and I appreciate the compassion. I don't need to prove a point while doing my back in in the process :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Loofahs or body puffs are manky and unhygienic, using a wash cloth is much better
I'm a fan of the old fashioned flannel, one for the face and one for the fanny. But I draw the line at bar soap instead of shower gel.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It’s not that people are ‘triggered’ by everything. A lot of work has been done in society to unlearn racist, misogynistic & homophobic views. People like you, those who use the term ‘snowflake’ clearly aren’t willing to do the work. My unpopular opinion is instead of using the term snowflake, people should just admit what they are - racists, sexists, etc.
To be fair, the term isn't only used in regard to a lack of tolerance for discriminatory speech and behaviours. I think what would be helpful would be if people were specific about what they thought were over-sensitive attitudes, rather than just using the term 'snowflakes.'

Usually it's the same women who expect men to pay for a date but god forbid they want to hold a door open for them. Feminism when it comes to having to be seen as independent and strong, but happy to freeload!

Every single male delivery driver we have offers to put heavy parcels in the house for me. Could I take that as patronising? Sure. But you know what, they are right, they are stronger than me and I appreciate the compassion. I don't need to prove a point while doing my back in in the process :ROFLMAO:
Agree, why should I put my back out lugging a heavy parcel when the delivery driver is happy to do it!

Reactions: 1
Regarding the term ‘snowflake’… I actually hate this word and what I hate even more is actual snowflakes and snow. Hate hate hate. ❄

It’s not that people are ‘triggered’ by everything. A lot of work has been done in society to unlearn racist, misogynistic & homophobic views. People like you, those who use the term ‘snowflake’ clearly aren’t willing to do the work. My unpopular opinion is instead of using the term snowflake, people should just admit what they are - racists, sexists, etc.
I’m not a racist or sexist. I would use it more for people that are triggered by pronouns and generally being offended by the most idiotic things.

Reactions: 5
I don't believe for a moment that a woman can carry a baby to full term and not realise until baby is practically falling out of her vagina.

Maybe not a UO...who knows.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.