Unpopular opinions #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is it crazy 🤔 It's a larger country. That's like saying more people live in America than Poland. And most countries have rural areas which are less populated, including England 😅
Well… land mass? People in London complain about overpopulation mabye they should move and then they might realise not everywhere is highly populated.

Never mind the impact on the kid.
You could say that about any child though. Being born to a father and mother doesn’t automatically mean you’re going to have a great life, being born via a surrogate doesn’t mean you’re automatically going to have a crappy one.

Reactions: 8
As cities, towns and villages expand, we'll one day reach the point where there are barely any rural areas and vegetables will be grown in tanks in buildings.

Reactions: 2
Peppa Pig is a spoilt brat and is the worst kids tv character ever.

[I realise that this probably isn’t unpopular but I wanted to share 😆]

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Charities are just big money makers for those who run them. Have you ever noticed how once a charity grows so does the problem it was supposed to be helping?

Reactions: 9
Overpopulation isn’t just about physical space though. It’s largely to do with resources and there are definitely too much of us for those. Well, too much when we use them unsustainably which many do. Plus one place not being overpopulated doesn’t cancel out 9 others being overpopulated. I love when people say move! You’d all be whining your bleeping heads off if the Londoners swarmed your lovely zen 😂😂😂

• Haha
People who use the term 'snowflake' are often of a certain age, who find it hard that times are changing. They feel uncomfortable that not everything is the same as 'back in their day' and just lash out with the usual 'snowflake' or 'woke' comments 🥱
Agreed. I just turn it back on them. Lots of right wingers will whinge about snowflakes and wokeism, but then think nothing of launching into a diatribe about something on the left that upsets them. Snowflakes. :D

Reactions: 4
Charities are just big money makers for those who run them. Have you ever noticed how once a charity grows so does the problem it was supposed to be helping?
I’ve never felt comfortable with the amount Cancer charity execs are paid.
Also a certain Cancer charity use children in their adverts but actually only a very small amount of their pot goes to paying for children’s cancer research.

Reactions: 6
Most of the big charities are rolling in cash. Much better to donate to small local charities that often really struggle for money.

Reactions: 7
Most of the big charities are rolling in cash. Much better to donate to small local charities that often really struggle for money.
True. I mostly give to my local hospice charity as they do brilliant work and were a great support to my family and I when we had a close family member with terminal cancer. When you can actually experience the great work a charity does, it really makes you want to support them in any way you can.

• Heart
Why is it crazy 🤔 It's a larger country. That's like saying more people live in America than Poland. And most countries have rural areas which are less populated, including England 😅
I just read this again and realised you said it’s a larger country. London isn’t a country btw 😂

• Haha
I donate to the local hospice, Happy Faces children’s charity, the local Women’s refuge and CALM.
The corporate charities - and we all know who they are - don’t get a penny from me. I don’t donate to Children In Need or Comic Relief either.

Reactions: 6
So is no one allowed to reply to you unless they are triggered 😂 you said people of a certain age and I asked what age would that be?
I was obviously generalising and said "often" of an age. Of course there will be younger people who do use the term and older people who do don't... 🤷‍♀️ I agree that a lot of things are getting really over the top but the term snowflake is just a lazy comeback.

I was obviously generalising and said "often" of an age. Of course there will be younger people who do use the term and older people who do don't... 🤷‍♀️ I agree that a lot of things are getting really over the top but the term snowflake is just a lazy comeback.
The term "snowflake generation" was one of Collins English Dictionary's 2016 words of the year. Collins defines the term as "the young adults of the 2010s (born from 1980-1994), viewed as being less resilient and more prone to taking offence than previous generations".

Also for what it’s worth I’m not yet 30 and I use the term because it accurately describes many of my peers who are easily offended, can’t do a hard days graft if it hit them up the face and over sensitive at everything and everyone.

• Heart
True. I mostly give to my local hospice charity as they do brilliant work and were a great support to my family and I when we had a close family member with terminal cancer. When you can actually experience the great work a charity does, it really makes you want to support them in any way you can.
I used to give to my local hospice for the same reasons. But now it's grown into a huge concern so I have now stopped my DD. I didn't even realise until I trained for two volunteer roles for them ( they get a huge amount of money from other places to fund training) they are getting a huge amount for nothing and so much of the money goes into wages (when my sister was in it, there was only one paid staff) advertising and fundraising

Now I just find people in need and try to help them in a more personal way.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Agreed. I just turn it back on them. Lots of right wingers will whinge about snowflakes and wokeism, but then think nothing of launching into a diatribe about something on the left that upsets them. Snowflakes. :D
They also don't see the irony when they get upset for being called a gammon.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.