Unpopular opinions #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trigger warning ❄☃🌨

You will be offended.
But secretly, you’ll probably agree.

continue here. 🙂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
The Haka makes me cringe. I don't care that it's an ancient, cultural tradition. So is Morris Dancing and the blokes who do that look like berks as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The Haka makes me cringe. I don't care that it's an ancient, cultural tradition. So is Morris Dancing and the blokes who do that look like berks as well.
if you’re ever at a match and you see them do it it’s pretty brilliant, but then the lads singing Ireland’s call would have me in tears quicker than the birth of new baby in the family 😐 I’m wired wrong 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Why? It isn't really remotely like Morris dancing, which I agree does look silly (although if people enjoy it, why not?) I was moved to tears by the haka performed in New Zealand to honour the victims of the Christchurch shooter.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This will probably be a popular opinion, but I dont care: WHY are GP practices still hiding from their patients?

I have been deaf in my left ear for over 2 weeks now. I'm not stupid I know its ear wax (probably). I've done olive oil for 8 days and OTC ear drops for 7 days now. I phoned last Thursday for an appt to get something done. The first appt I could be given was a phone appt THIS Thursday. How is a phone appt going to be of the slightest use when someone actually needs to LOOK at my sodding ear???

It's complete madness. But I'm pissed off with hearing the world through a muffler.
ETA, I pressed send too soon!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
People who buy expensive glasses, mugs, plates and cutlery have been conned! All my dishes and cutlery are from Dealz (Poundland) and Primark and everyone says my plates and mugs have lovely designs! I don’t care for eating off solid porcelain.

Also if you spend a couple of hundred on them you’re a bit of a gobshite!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
This will probably be a popular opinion, but I dont care: WHY are GP practices still hiding from their patients?

I have been deaf in my left ear for over 2 weeks now. I'm not stupid I know its ear wax (probably). I've done olive oil for 8 days and OTC ear drops for 7 days now. I phoned last Thursday for an appt to get something done. The first appt I could be given was a phone appt THIS Thursday. How is a phone appt going to be of the slightest use when someone actually needs to LOOK at my sodding ear???

It's complete madness. But I'm pissed off with hearing the world through a muffler.
My GP seem to be spending their time sending out automated text messages reminding us to stop smoking and to get our Covid jabs (already double vaccinated). Yet I can only speak about my skin condition over the phone. I've given up.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
People who buy expensive glasses, mugs, plates and cutlery have been conned! All my dishes and cutlery are from Dealz (Poundland) and Primark and everyone says my plates and mugs have lovely designs! I don’t care for eating off solid porcelain.

Also if you spend a couple of hundred on them you’re a bit of a gobshite!
and then when they inevitably get chipped/broken it is just money down the drain

Reactions: 13
and then when they inevitably get chipped/broken it is just money down the drain
Also, when they’re used as decoration. Why the duck is a plate with a floral print on it considered decoration?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The reason the health service is in such a bad way is down to patients. I haven't seen my doctor in years, that doesn't make me a good patient, it makes me a liability (before this pandemic came along) because it makes it difficult for them to reach their targets.

Likewise most things don't require a surgery visit. People abusing the system has resulted in doctor home visits becoming almost unheard of these days.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Why? It isn't really remotely like Morris dancing, which I agree does look silly (although if people enjoy it, why not?) I was moved to tears by the haka performed in New Zealand to honour the victims of the Christchurch shooter.
Because I'm not a fan of seeing big blokes performing an expressive dance. Just my unpopular opinion 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Fake Uggs. I'm sorry, Primark "dupes" just don't cut it, they go tatty and wonky. There are plenty of other options out there if Uggs are not in your price range.

Reactions: 36
My GP seem to be spending their time sending out automated text messages reminding us to stop smoking and to get our Covid jabs (already double vaccinated). Yet I can only speak about my skin condition over the phone. I've given up.
They get money every time they give you smoking advice. They also get money every time you get a vaccine

I'm always being sent texts and letters for vaccines but not for my lung check-ups,
I'm waiting on a foot scan, they sent me an appointment via text but I could not go, they said they will send another in a stroppy text message but still have not heard anything.

Reactions: 14
They get money every time they give you smoking advice. They also get money every time you get a vaccine

I'm always being sent texts and letters for vaccines but not for my lung check-ups,
I'm waiting on a foot scan, they sent me an appointment via text but I could not go, they said they will send another in a stroppy text message but still have not heard anything.
does it differ across different practices? I have never had a message about vaccines, have only ever got one about a smear

Don't know if just a regional thing but our GP won't syringe anymore unless you pay. £50 at Boots 😵

Had same with little ones rash - two weeks for appt via phone, three days for a response when i sent the requested pics. Then GP says:
Oh I know exactly which cream you need
Me: Great when can I get the prescription?
GP: Oh no we can't prescribe it, you can get it on Amazon 😡

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
does it differ across different practices? I have never had a message about vaccines, have only ever got one about a smear
I am CEV and get ( or did) a lot of text and letters telling me to get my arse to a vaccination centre.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My brother in law was told he didn't have a chest infection last week over the phone 😳

I've had three texts from my surgery in the past couple of days telling me to get my booster jab ... I've already had it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
My brother in law was told he didn't have a chest infection last week over the phone 😳

I've had three texts from my surgery in the past couple of days telling me to get my booster jab ... I've already had it.
I got a letter from my GP three weeks after having my first jab to tell me to book it. This is what I get for booking it at 12:05am on the day they opened it up to us twenty-somethings.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
People should just book themselves in for a booster jab every 2 weeks now,
or we’ll never get jabbed 15 times each before the end of the year. 😐

Apparently Santa won’t enter your home on the 25th until he sees everyone’s “Ive been a good girl/boy and got my jabs” passport.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.