Unpopular opinions #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so tempted but she's the type who would expect to see them when she comes round and would give my boyfriend hell for selling them. I don't want to make his life hard :( Might just accidentally smash them all instead as a method of stress relief everytime I see her :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I would sell them and lie that they got broken, this will also ensure she doesn;t waste money buying you expensive plates in future :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’d still sell them and just say they are put away somewhere safe then make sure you never host anything you would have to use them for 🤣 or sell them and say you tripped over a dog (if you have one) and what a shame they all smashed not one was spared
I do indeed have two large breed dogs...

"Oh I'm sorry mother in law to be dearest, I was transporting them excitedly to set out for christmas and that bastard mastiff wrapped himself around my feet and the next thing I knew... plate dust!"

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
People who buy expensive glasses, mugs, plates and cutlery have been conned! All my dishes and cutlery are from Dealz (Poundland) and Primark and everyone says my plates and mugs have lovely designs! I don’t care for eating off solid porcelain.

Also if you spend a couple of hundred on them you’re a bit of a gobshite!
I am a prick who has expensive sets as my dining table is always set and they match the aesthetic. I agree, it makes no difference to the meal. But, the cups make a huge difference to a brew and I will die on that hill!

Reactions: 9
Colour coordinated Christmas trees/ trees with a colour scheme look so clinical to me.

the saddest tree I ever saw was a white synthetic tree with only black baubles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
We are utterly skint and I tit you not, when we got engaged my partner's family spent £250 buying us Denby plates. I could be sick to my stomach. They are all still sat in the boxes because even if I was rich, wasting that much money on bleeping plates is consumerism gone mad. I don't care if they are 'good quality', that's not going to save them when I drop them on the floor is it!? Plus, of ALL the patterns, THEY ARE bleeping BEIGE!!!!!!!!

£250 and you buy me beige plates and bowls. Give me strength.
When my grandmother died and we had lots of visitors coming to the house, my aunt insisted on bringing her Denby plates to serve people with. No one really cares what kind of plate you're serving them on. Whilst I will confess to liking Emma Bridgewater I wouldn't pay £20 for a cup.

My favourite mug is from Ikea.

I am a prick who has expensive sets as my dining table is always set and they match the aesthetic. I agree, it makes no difference to the meal. But, the cups make a huge difference to a brew and I will die on that hill!
My cooking is so shocking I could serve it on fine china or a paper plate and it would still taste crap. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This will probably be a popular opinion, but I dont care: WHY are GP practices still hiding from their patients?

I have been deaf in my left ear for over 2 weeks now. I'm not stupid I know its ear wax (probably). I've done olive oil for 8 days and OTC ear drops for 7 days now. I phoned last Thursday for an appt to get something done. The first appt I could be given was a phone appt THIS Thursday. How is a phone appt going to be of the slightest use when someone actually needs to LOOK at my sodding ear???

It's complete madness. But I'm pissed off with hearing the world through a muffler.
ETA, I pressed send too soon!
Agree! I’ve been suffering with acid reflux and general stomach issues for six weeks now, over the last two weeks the symptoms intensified so I thought best to talk to the GP. Woke up 8am to use the online ‘ask my GP‘ service that my surgery runs and should run every day until 11am… it was switched off. Rang up and finally got through a hour later, to a really sniffy receptionist who asked why I was ringing - not my symptoms etc - literally why had i rang as they had turned the system off and werent accepting any patients or calls. Had to beg for a call back which never happened, then called up again a day later to be told ‘this doesn’t sound like an emergency so the doctor won’t speak to you’ and again had to plead to speak to someone. It was awful and I dread finishing the medication I was given in case I need to go through the whole shitshow again… it might not be true of every GP surgery but my local one just doesn’t want to help you at all 🙈 you can really see how people slip through the cracks.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
celebrities with mental health issues are lying
I’d like to agree and I do think certain celebrities have lied about having mental health problems when their bizarre behaviour was down to alcohol, drugs or a combination of both and NOT a psychotic break/bipolar episode.

Some celebrities are genuinely nuts though.

Reactions: 7
We have some fancy Country Rose crockery, which we used to use only on special occasions.

We have a relative who is basically a copy of Hyacinth Bucket. One day we went to their house for the weekend and they served us the meal on Country Rose plates. She said it is nothing special and she uses it everyday. As the plates are expensive my mum offered to help with the washing up, she scoffed at my mum and said just stick it in the dishwasher.

She said she will turn it on before going to bed.

We all go to bed, half an hour later, my mum gets thirsty and pops downstairs for a glass of water, there she sees our relative washing the plates by hand, she had unloaded the dishwasher.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think people describing their baby/toddler aged children as their "best friend" is ridiculous, maybe when they are grown up and you can have a real conversation (even then I find being best friends with your children a bit bizarre but whatever) but with someone who can barely talk?!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Ah and for the person who said Poundland mugs etc were nice… I get the sentiment 100%, don’t need to spend loads to have nice things, they’re all made the same and you pay for the name etc etc but I once bought a mug from Poundland, went to wash it and the handle fell off 😆😆😆 then picked it up and it near enough shattered in my hands, shards pinging off left and right! Awful and put me off!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ah and for the person who said Poundland mugs etc were nice… I get the sentiment 100%, don’t need to spend loads to have nice things, they’re all made the same and you pay for the name etc etc but I once bought a mug from Poundland, went to wash it and the handle fell off 😆😆😆 then picked it up and it near enough shattered in my hands, shards pinging off left and right! Awful and put me off!
fingers crossed for the same happening to @jackolantern in front of the woman who gave her the plates :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I remember my dad buying a finding Nemo DVD off someone in the ASDA car park. There must be a cheaper near identical Denby knock off identical to the first which could shatter, whilst the original is sold to pay for a garden shed being used as a minibar.

• Haha
People are more interested in the story of the perpetrators of serious crime, rather than the victims.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.