Unpopular opinions #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This will probably be a popular opinion, but I dont care: WHY are GP practices still hiding from their patients?

I have been deaf in my left ear for over 2 weeks now. I'm not stupid I know its ear wax (probably). I've done olive oil for 8 days and OTC ear drops for 7 days now. I phoned last Thursday for an appt to get something done. The first appt I could be given was a phone appt THIS Thursday. How is a phone appt going to be of the slightest use when someone actually needs to LOOK at my sodding ear???

It's complete madness. But I'm pissed off with hearing the world through a muffler.
ETA, I pressed send too soon!
Do you live in England?? If so, you’re wasting your time anyway - GPs don’t really perform ear syringing anymore. You can go and get them looked at and done in Boots or even Specsavers do it!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
People should just book themselves in for a booster jab every 2 weeks now,
or we’ll never get jabbed 15 times each before the end of the year. 😐

Apparently Santa won’t enter your home on the 25th until he sees everyone’s “Ive been a good girl/boy and got my jabs” passport.
I saw the uproar about the Tesco advert showing Santa with his vaccine passport, being led on Twitter by Gillian McKeith.
I don't really care what people's opinions on covid and the vaccine are, but anyone who listens to that twit needs their head looking at.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
People who buy expensive glasses, mugs, plates and cutlery have been conned! All my dishes and cutlery are from Dealz (Poundland) and Primark and everyone says my plates and mugs have lovely designs! I don’t care for eating off solid porcelain.

Also if you spend a couple of hundred on them you’re a bit of a gobshite!
We are utterly skint and I tit you not, when we got engaged my partner's family spent £250 buying us Denby plates. I could be sick to my stomach. They are all still sat in the boxes because even if I was rich, wasting that much money on bleeping plates is consumerism gone mad. I don't care if they are 'good quality', that's not going to save them when I drop them on the floor is it!? Plus, of ALL the patterns, THEY ARE bleeping BEIGE!!!!!!!!

£250 and you buy me beige plates and bowls. Give me strength.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
We are utterly skint and I tit you not, when we got engaged my partner's family spent £250 buying us Denby plates. I could be sick to my stomach. They are all still sat in the boxes because even if I was rich, wasting that much money on bleeping plates is consumerism gone mad. I don't care if they are 'good quality', that's not going to save them when I drop them on the floor is it!? Plus, of ALL the patterns, THEY ARE bleeping BEIGE!!!!!!!!

£250 and you buy me beige plates and bowls. Give me strength.
Sell them! I would

Reactions: 20
Do you live in England?? If so, you’re wasting your time anyway - GPs don’t really perform ear syringing anymore. You can go and get them looked at and done in Boots or even Specsavers do it!
Yes and yes, but I cant get an appointment there either... or any of the other local 'clinics' within an hour's drive...

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Adele dresses to old for her age, always has done

celebrities with mental health issues are lying

Reactions: 14
if you are a grown adult with a fairly functional life (job, friendships, a degree ect) you don't have undiagnosed ADHD or ASD. ASD and ADHD are disabilities, you may share similarities with people with ADHD or ASD but you don't have them to a degree where they're in any way significant - they don't disable you - you don't get the diagnosis of a disability

• Sick
Reactions: 14
He’s a big fanny isn’t he? I hate his singing it sounds like you just stood on his foot and hurt his ingrown toe.
remember you can’t call him ‘him’
It’s like Voldemort. I think. But he was a man, and Sam isn’t a man, he’s a they. Or is it a them/that. Or a cist 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 25
does it differ across different practices? I have never had a message about vaccines, have only ever got one about a smear
yes in the U.K. a lot of GP surgeries are independent contractors so there will be a slight variation in their approach as to how they communicate with patients. I imagine their patient demographics will feed into that.
In essence, some (not sure how many) NHS GPs run as private businesses, but they differ from non-NHS private GPs in that they do not compete for patients or for profit. They have and work to NHS contracts, follow NHS guidelines and treat NHS patients.

Reactions: 3
if you are a grown adult with a fairly functional life (job, friendships, a degree ect) you don't have undiagnosed ADHD or ASD. ASD and ADHD are disabilities, you may share similarities with people with ADHD or ASD but you don't have them to a degree where they're in any way significant - they don't disable you - you don't get the diagnosis of a disability
Totally, as someone who actually has ADHD (diagnosed as a teenager) people who are now “undiagnosed adhd sufferers” seem to pick and choose their symptoms and it seems the symptoms they choose are always the ones that explains their laziness and their crappy behaviour.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Sell them! I would
I'm so tempted but she's the type who would expect to see them when she comes round and would give my boyfriend hell for selling them. I don't want to make his life hard :( Might just accidentally smash them all instead as a method of stress relief everytime I see her :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Totally, as someone who actually has ADHD (diagnosed as a teenager) people who are now “undiagnosed adhd sufferers” seem to pick and choose their symptoms and it seems the symptoms they choose are always the ones that explains their laziness and their crappy behaviour.
same here but with ASD. conditions like these don't just present when you hit mid 20s and they're trendy they're something that has been present throughout someone's whole life - yeah women get diagnosed older generally but the women who do get diagnosed are actually harmed by symptoms of their conditions.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm so tempted but she's the type who would expect to see them when she comes round and would give my boyfriend hell for selling them. I don't want to make his life hard :( Might just accidentally smash them all instead as a method of stress relief everytime I see her :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I’d say they were safely stored in the attic and were only coming out for very, very special occasions…

Reactions: 6
I’d still sell them and just say they are put away somewhere safe then make sure you never host anything you would have to use them for 🤣 or sell them and say you tripped over a dog (if you have one) and what a shame they all smashed not one was spared

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.