Unpopular opinions #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I firmly believe that maths teaching should be divided into practical maths (like how to measure a room if you want to buy a carpet) and theoretical maths (for those that are interested). Maths GCSE should be divided the same way - if you have no interest or ability, you still need to be able to do basic maths, but if you are never going to pass today's GCSE you shouldn't have your progress to next stage education impeded because of it.
I’m glad my father works in construction and is really good with maths because I can’t do simple maths (I count on my fingers) and once nearly descended into a nervous breakdown trying to measure a curtain pole, I had to get my dad in solely to measure it. Same happened with my washer and oven 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm not a fan of this 'UO' everyone is using. We know what it's going to be as it's the title of the thread
thank duck it’s not just me 😂😂

let’s just go about our biz get our jabs and cope with life!
3 jabs in less than a year and a passport to eat in a scanky restaurant like Nando’s is the type of fuckery I can’t get behind.

I’m not about the pin cushion life 😐

I also cannot math, I CANNOT MATH!! I scraped a pass in my leaving exams and I’d have cheated if I could 😕 the math folk and the science folk give me the hives 🙁 you work for Satan.
loved English and history,
My constant typos suggest otherwise 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I firmly believe that maths teaching should be divided into practical maths (like how to measure a room if you want to buy a carpet) and theoretical maths (for those that are interested). Maths GCSE should be divided the same way - if you have no interest or ability, you still need to be able to do basic maths, but if you are never going to pass today's GCSE you shouldn't have your progress to next stage education impeded because of it.
I teach functional maths to apprentices who didn’t pass their GCSEs in school. It’s maths you’d experience in everyday life, with the emphasis on problem solving, like measuring the area and working out the cost of a carpet etc. I think some secondary schools put their less academic students down this route now instead of GCSEs but many still come to us lacking the basic skills you’d expect them to have from school.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I teach functional maths to apprentices who didn’t pass their GCSEs in school. It’s maths you’d experience in everyday life, with the emphasis on problem solving, like measuring the area and working out the cost of a carpet etc. I think some secondary schools put their less academic students down this route now instead of GCSEs but many still come to us lacking the basic skills you’d expect them to have from school.
Ive had to do functional maths and cried. I hated it. Genuine anxiety with maths

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I love maths and especially mental arithmetic.

I know the sum of two random numbers usually without any (conscious) calculating. I’m also great at taking a date and adding random amount of days and knowing the resulting date. I get that right pretty much every tome, without thinking too hard.

When I did shop/bar work I could scoop up exactly the right amount of coins for the wee plastic cash bags, even pennies.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My husband has a lot of unpopular opinions about the residents of our local area. He generally goes out of his way to avoid the plebs, but every Saturday he takes our kids for swimming lessons. He has to sit amongst the great unwashed and I'm often treated to text messages like the one I received this Saturday:
View attachment 867511
Are we married to the same man?

My husband has a lot of unpopular opinions about the residents of our local area. He generally goes out of his way to avoid the plebs, but every Saturday he takes our kids for swimming lessons. He has to sit amongst the great unwashed and I'm often treated to text messages like the one I received this Saturday:
View attachment 867511
your husband sounds like a bit of a…..twit.
Sorry 🙈
Mostly because he’s a man and he’s used the term “basic tit” twice in one message 😂 he sounds like a teenager.
I feel like he needs long blonde hair to flick and 2 “basic witch” sidekicks who also *like* just cannot *like* cope with this basic tit *flicks hair*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Yeah I wasn’t going to say but if my husband messaged me that I’d get the ick 😂
I just cannot deal with this basic tit babe… sushi for dinner tonight my love? Should we ask Hugo and Flossie over for spritzers and nibbles at 4?
😐
I’ll say it for you, This is also the no shiny shits given thread, my spiritual home 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m glad my father works in construction and is really good with maths because I can’t do simple maths (I count on my fingers) and once nearly descended into a nervous breakdown trying to measure a curtain pole, I had to get my dad in solely to measure it. Same happened with my washer and oven 😂
They do say that maths is a language that not everyone can understand!

I agree with school maths being made more "practical" though. I can still multiply 10x10 matrices, but trying to work out how they charge the interest on my mortgage, is baffling to me at the best of times. And I've never used the words "sine", "cosine" and "tangent" since school. Wtf do they even mean??

Reactions: 7
The term "gives me the ick" or any variation of it sounds ridiculous and should be outlawed.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I just cannot deal with this basic tit babe… sushi for dinner tonight my love? Should we ask Hugo and Flossie over for spritzers and nibbles at 4?
"Then back to talking about Proust and the stock market after the Manchego comes out. Also don't mention Timmy's 4+ pre prep tutor coming around." It would be ghastly if we didn't get Wetherby and only the Hall or Garden house".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
your husband sounds like a bit of a…..twit.
Sorry 🙈
Mostly because he’s a man and he’s used the term “basic tit” twice in one message 😂 he sounds like a teenager.
I feel like he needs long blonde hair to flick and 2 “basic witch” sidekicks who also *like* just cannot *like* cope with this basic tit *flicks hair*
Idk sounds a bit classist seeming they’re referring to ordinary people as plebs, the great unwashed and thick!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Idk sounds a bit classist seeming they’re referring to ordinary people as plebs, the great unwashed and thick!
no offense to the original poster but
I did read it and think if I was them I’d be like “damn, I’m gonna need to have an affair because I’m never gonna be able to have sex with a man who uses the term “basic” and “plebs” again” 😂

I mean he does sound like he’d make a great mean girl, that fat shaming though 😬 classy

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Most Netflix original shows are shite and I am convinced people only like them because it’s popular and that they think they should be enjoying them.

Bridgerton, OITNB, Narcos, Stranger Things and YOU were all average at best!

Also Netflix loves to cancel their actual enjoyable shows. I still have a blood vendetta over Santa Clarita Diet.

Reactions: 10
Most Netflix original shows are shite and I am convinced people only like them because it’s popular and that they think they should be enjoying them.

Also Netflix loves to cancel their actual enjoyable shows. I still have a blood vendetta over Santa Clarita Diet.
I feel the same way about the OA. 😭 I was also watching Dark Angel today which was also axed after season 2.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.