Unpopular opinions #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most Netflix original shows are shite and I am convinced people only like them because it’s popular and that they think they should be enjoying them.

Bridgerton, OITNB, Narcos, Stranger Things and YOU were all average at best!

Also Netflix loves to cancel their actual enjoyable shows. I still have a blood vendetta over Santa Clarita Diet.
I still mourn Santa Clarita Diet. I NEED to know what happened.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I teach functional maths to apprentices who didn’t pass their GCSEs in school. It’s maths you’d experience in everyday life, with the emphasis on problem solving, like measuring the area and working out the cost of a carpet etc. I think some secondary schools put their less academic students down this route now instead of GCSEs but many still come to us lacking the basic skills you’d expect them to have from school.
I had to re-do my Maths GCSE as a functional skill in order to get my NVQ3. One of the questions on a practice paper was "Your bed frame measures 2m x 2m - what size (in meters squared) mattress would you buy. I lost my tit with my assessor - I would buy a single, double, or kingsize mattress - don't over complicate it. No one buys mattresses by the meters squared!! Please don't ask your apprentices this question :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I was diagnosed as dyslexic as a kid too. I have the same problem with the auto correct. I just don't notice the word is wrong even when I proof read. Mine always changes in to I'm and I never notice until after I've posted.

If it's not a real word I can pick it up, but if it's the wrong word I just don't seem to always be able to see it.

I've got a really good memory though so even though my spelling was bad, once I've been told the correct way I don't forget.

Reactions: 2
Despite his awfulness, Armie Hammer is still very attractive in films. I watched The Man from U.N.C.L.E last night and could barely keep my eyes off him. He is 100 times hotter than Henry Cavill (and a far better actor to boot) I feel terrible saying that knowing what we know now, but it is what it is.
Have a thing for cannibals eh? Don’t let Basil hear you say that 🤫 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love English and other language based subjects and have always achieved very highly in them but but I'd never say "I just can't understand how people can have dyslexia."

Dyscalculia is also a learning disability. One which prevents people from being able to grasp numbers based concepts. People with either condition aren't stupid or lazy or just sticking it on - they have a life affecting disability but the difference is the education system is slowly coming to terms with dyslexia and trying to find ways to ease students suffering from it on their path through school in order that their life choices aren't limited by the barriers created by their disability. But those with dyscalculia are still being mocked, ignored and treated as if it is somehow their failure, not the failure of the system meant to educate them.
it’s an SpLD (specific learning difference). I volunteered working with SdLP students and most don’t like the term “disability” because it implies they are the ones not able, when in reality the systems they have to go through are ones not taking their needs into consideration. Disability implied a problem with the individual. Difference recognises they are able but just with different needs.

I don’t see the attraction of Tom Hardy 😅
ive seen him in person and almost didn’t realise who he was. He has stunning screen presence but in person is rather… bland and short.

• Haha
Domino's tastes like greasy cardboard and doesn't deserve a price tag of £5 nevermind the obscene prices they charge.

• Haha
How can you get it wrong, j don't have any kids, but my wife's nieces love playing tea party with me. They make me play every time I see them.
You do it wrong because you don't say what they want you to say. So you say "hi barbie" and daughter says no don't say it like that, say this, do this. Don't do it like that, do it like this. Be this one, no be that one. JUST PLAY ON YOUR OWN IF YOU KNOW BEST 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
How can you get it wrong, j don't have any kids, but my wife's nieces love playing tea party with me. They make me play every time I see them.
You don’t, kids just decide you are so you basically just end up sitting watching in my experience

My boss at work has a cardboard cut out of him on her desk. I don’t get it!
Hahahah! No way! Why on earth? I mean cillian Murphy I understand 🤤

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Stanley Johnson is a weird little man,

“smacked me on the backside saying 'oh, Romsey, you've got a lovely seat'."

Inappropriate and vulgar as duck, but this is being called sexual assault.
Personally find that it’s an overreaction calling it sexual assault and takes away from victims of ACTUAL sexual assault. 😐

JUST my opinion, not playing it down as something that’s acceptable, I’m just saying 😐 it feels a bit like someone tapping their car into a bin when parking and saying they’d been in a car crash.

Playing dolls, barbies or anything with your child is painful and I hate it
I imagine when you die, if you’re sent to limbo before heaven/hell,
there is a 4 year old waiting there with an Elsa doll and a random cow from a farm set. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 15
You do it wrong because you don't say what they want you to say. So you say "hi barbie" and daughter says no don't say it like that, say this, do this. Don't do it like that, do it like this. Be this one, no be that one. JUST PLAY ON YOUR OWN IF YOU KNOW BEST 🤣
This is it in a nutshell. I thought having twins meant I didn't have to partake in this charade, but I was wrong!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
You don’t, kids just decide you are so you basically just end up sitting watching in my experience

Hahahah! No way! Why on earth? I mean cillian Murphy I understand 🤤
Cilliian Murphy in real life = :sick:
Cillian Murphy as Tommy Shelby on Peaky Blinders = :love::love::love:

• Heart
Haha so true! Before I had my kid I stupidly thought playing with them would be fun. How wrong I was 😂 everything you say or do is wrong. Don’t use that voice mummy! That’s not the right way to hold that toy mummy! Do it this way mummy 😬😬 soul destroying. I prefer board games because at least there are rules we can all follow 😁

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.