Unpopular opinions #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People that leave their engines running when they are parked. GET IN THE bleeping BIN
Funny thing is if they’ve left the keys in the car and gone off they’re not covered if it’s stolen 🤣

I do not find the Royals anything special. Like the expectation we should bow down to them etc. They just got lucky at birth. But nobody is better anybody imo.
I just don’t find them interesting. I don’t like them or dislike them. I just don’t care

Reactions: 2
My original point still stands.

Schools can’t teach kids absolutely everything.

Yes the stuff on the curriculum could do with being changed but I can’t see that happening in any of our lifetimes Schools are taking on the role of social worker, care worker, parent to name a few. They can’t teach eveeyone everything. Responsibility for lots of things is with the parent.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t want to dominate the thread, and you seem to be pretty bias in your opinion because your mum and sisters are SAHMs, so IME if someone is that emotionally invested in an idea, they aren’t likely to change their mind anyway!

I don’t know where to begin, so I’ll begin at the top.
- the judicial system in the U.K. women are underrepresented as judges. Judges are amongst the most powerful people in the U.K. their decisions impact people at every level. More info here

- the parliamentary system. We still have significantly less female MPs than male. Again, MPs decisions and voting effects the lives of everyone.More info here

- women continue to be under presented in STEM fields.More info here again, STEM pioneers advancement in technologies which has far reaching consequences

- women are under presented in medicine.See here for academic leadership stats. How can medicine for all women be comprehensive if we aren’t properly represented? Women’s medicine has been on the back foot for decades, receiving less attention and funding. I’d suggest there’s a correlation between male leadership in medicine and lack of advancement in female specific medicine.

- female Leaders in business are still… underrepresented. And I don’t buy that women simply aren’t qualified. If we want to get better, female friendly working conditions for the corporate world, we need female corporate leaders. See here

women are over represented in some fields. Nursing, for example. But of course nursing is very closely tied to traditional female roles of care. It’s undervalued, underpaid and underfunded. Funny that.

I could go on all day but this forum probably isn’t the place for it and tbh, there is a plethora of information out there

I know the golfing trope is a trope. That’s why I used it. But the male mentoring networks exist as they exist in a variety of forms.Whether it’s after work drinks or gym sessions together, thats not important. What’s important is that thy exclude women and women tend to not create mentoring networks.
As someone who works within the criminal justice system, I am confident that the judge example is on its way out and merely a reflection of historical dramatic under representation of women in the legal profession. To be a Crown Court judge you have to be very experienced lawyer (usually barrister, but can be a solicitor-advocate). Historically there were far more men than women entering into the legal profession so at the most senior end, there are still more men than women and therefore the pool of candidates for judicial appointments has got more men than women into it. But there are now slightly more women than men entering into the profession I believe and therefore as they work their way up the system, the gender imbalance is likely to even itself out over time.

Reactions: 6
London is an overrated tit hole. It stinks, it's dirty and it's full of tourists

If you don't walk your child to or from school you are a lazy bastard (obvs within reason, I don't expect you to walk 20 miles Sharon)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
UO: People who leave their living room curtains open like the attention of people looking in.

Also looking at you Guinevere beck. 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I like Taylor Swift but the current obsession over All Too Well is painful. The amount of tiktoks I've seen of girls attacking Jake Gyllenhaal and psychoanalysing shite like the scarf metaphor is too much. It was like a 2 month relationship 10 years ago its not that deep. Stan culture actually ruins everything.

Reactions: 11
UO: People who leave their living room curtains open like the attention of people looking in.

Also looking at you Guinevere beck. 🤪
Do you know the amount of times my neighbours must've seen me naked :ROFLMAO: I've forgotten a few times to close the shutters while getting dressed

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People who say “they should teach X in school” need to duck off and parent their own child

Mortgages, taxes, cooking, manners. It’s not on the national curriculum so teach your own child something and stop leaving all responsibility to the school.
Wild 😂 You have to break the cycle somewhere and school is a great place to do that.

Another way in which the poor stay poor, the deprived stay deprived.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Another UO I love the dark nights

Another another UO don’t care if anyone disagrees with my unpopular opinion the point is it is UNPOPULAR

Reactions: 4
Relationships work best when you don’t see each other everyday! My partner leaves to work in London (we live in Cheshire) on a Monday morning then comes home on a Wednesday evening.It is ✨bliss✨ when he is gone. I love him and everything but, them few days alone are lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Hate my birthday, honestly would sleep through it if I could. My brother is the opposite would literally celebrate his whole bday month 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Hate my birthday, honestly would sleep through it if I could. My brother is the opposite would literally celebrate his whole bday month 😂
Me too. I take the day off and do what I want whether that's sit in bed and eat cake all day or go out. But I hate celebrating it, it's a chore

Reactions: 6
Relationships work best when you don’t see each other everyday! My partner leaves to work in London (we live in Cheshire) on a Monday morning then comes home on a Wednesday evening.It is ✨bliss✨ when he is gone. I love him and everything but, them few days alone are lovely
I so get that 👍

Reactions: 3
My original point still stands.

Schools can’t teach kids absolutely everything.

Yes the stuff on the curriculum could do with being changed but I can’t see that happening in any of our lifetimes Schools are taking on the role of social worker, care worker, parent to name a few. They can’t teach eveeyone everything. Responsibility for lots of things is with the parent.
No one is suggesting the school teaches them absolutely everything.

Reactions: 5
They do say that if you don’t have a naked neighbour, you probably are the naked neighbour.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.