Unpopular Opinions #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
UO but people need to get over the fact that annoying little kids and slow af old people exist in this world too, and as difficult as it may be, you have to share it with them too 😂
Kids can be as annoying as they like. Just not when I'm trying to get tit done 😂

Reactions: 6
UO but people need to get over the fact that annoying little kids and slow af old people exist in this world too, and as difficult as it may be, you have to share it with them too 😂
This. No one goes out with the intention of annoying or stressing people out; they’re literally just going about their day 😭. We’re only the main character in our own life, no one else’s.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I'd like to add to this. Parents, don't let your young kids take doll prams, scooters, bikes, or similar to shops or busy town centres. They either get in peoples way or ram into their ankles. Save them for the park.
Sorry but if it’s a choice between my son bringing his scooter to the town centre or moaning that he’s too tired to walk after 5 mins, the scooter wins every time. Idgaf about your ankles you should be looking where you’re going

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I’ve seen older kids on tiktok crawl around on the floor, or walk around barefoot in public, with the reasoning being, ‘they are autistic and need to do this or it causes a meltdown’. I have no doubt it would cause a meltdown and the trauma that would cause for the child (and parent) but I think disability or not kids can’t go crawling around the floor or barefoot. That is my UO of the day.
I had a very disabled child who amongst other things had a type of autism, and I can honestly say, some children are beyond the realm of "control", instilling normal behaviour is impossible. But, for every child that has profound problems, there are other children who are being allowed to be disfunctional because an autism lable is a convenient excuse.

I have spent a lot of time with children that have very severe disabilities, and you can tell the ones who have profound problems and the ones whos parents just want to use a diagnosis as an excuse. It's usually the parents attitude that is the big give away. It's sad because children with mild to moderate problems could be taught to be able to cope and lead functional adult lives, but if the parents don't put the work in they may never reach their full potential. Having an child with additional needs is bleeping hard, they need much more parenting, not just a duck it they're different so the world needs to make allowences for them, because once they are grown, no one will accept them. If you can help them to be functioning adults you bloody well should.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.