Unpopular opinions #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok here goes, deep breath..,,

I don’t trust “go fund me” pages and I will not donate. Especially ones begging for money “for the family” after something like a teenage suicide. Yes it’s awful and tragic and you have my sympathy - but you’re not getting my money!
Agree.

I also really don’t agree with those who set up go
Fund me pages to raise money for people to “make memories” if they have been diagnosed with a terminal illness or similar. It’s just begging and using emotional blackmail to facilitate it.

Reactions: 30
Agree.

I also really don’t agree with those who set up go
Fund me pages to raise money for people to “make memories” if they have been diagnosed with a terminal illness or similar. It’s just begging and using emotional blackmail to facilitate it.
I don't know where this sudden notion has come from, that when anyone suffers some kind of pitfall in life, money must be thrown at them 🤷🏼‍♀️

And they often seem to be set up by people with no connection to, or have a very tenuous link to the person in question. They always make me feel suss.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
People with food intolerances ( not real allergies )
They tend to be women and often quite neurotic too ( maybe they are just hungry ) Usually self diagnosed too.

Reactions: 10
IMO more people marry for money than they admit to…
I think it's absolutely fine to marry for money. You can't force someone to sign the marriage certificate so the partner has to consent.

Actually, I think love should be lower on the list of priorities when it comes to marriage. If you want a life partner and kids, you should think about your compatibility in terms of core beliefs, family background, futures plans and financial prospects should be thought about too

Reactions: 21
Most of the teen girl influencers on TikTok act like little slags. Some of the content is shocking. It's sad that adult women like it.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Raising children really isn’t that difficult. Being a “stay at home mum/mum” isn’t the hardest job in the world.

ETA-spelling

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Ariana Grande is bloody awful. She dresses like a twit and her voice is like nails on chalkboard.

Reactions: 30
Agree. I don’t think there is any genuine excuse now for an unplanned pregnancy. Anyone can access free contraception now everyday- either in person or online. There is no reason for any “oops I’m pregnant- how did that happen?!” Stuff anymore.
You know contraception is never 100% effective don’t you?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t like dogs
I don’t think they are cute
I don’t want my face licked by something that’s been chewing it’s own faeces and licking its own bum hole
I don’t think little yappy aggressive dogs nearly biting their owners faces off is funny
I hate the way some dog lovers forgive even the most horrendous attacks on people and children
Or allow them to bark for hours and hours enraging their neighbours
I dont want to hear how marvellous they are or how much they give for so little in return I don t like them
🙈

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Adults calling their boyfriend/girlfriend OH :sick: are mentally challenged.

Play house is not the same as a marriage.

A "partner" are you in a business arrangement? is not a replacement for a husband.

• Angry
  • Haha

A "partner" are you in a business arrangement? is not a replacement for a husband.
yes. Ditto blokes calling their girlfriend of five minutes 'the missus'

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ok here goes, deep breath..,,

I don’t trust “go fund me” pages and I will not donate. Especially ones begging for money “for the family” after something like a teenage suicide. Yes it’s awful and tragic and you have my sympathy - but you’re not getting my money!
no me neither. I’m pretty cynical of a lot of charity these days. A lot of them seem to be run like profitable businesses and even the gofundme pages are individuals begging
I think it's absolutely fine to marry for money. You can't force someone to sign the marriage certificate so the partner has to consent.

Actually, I think love should be lower on the list of priorities when it comes to marriage. If you want a life partner and kids, you should think about your compatibility in terms of core beliefs, family background, futures plans and financial prospects should be thought about too
I’m not really saying it’s bad necessarily to marry for money. Im not sure I’ve formed an opinion on that.

but it irritates me when they pretend they are deeply in love because that’s the only acceptable reason really, nowadays.

id rather someone just said “I’ve given up on love. This person can offer me money and companionship and that’ll do for me”

it’s the pretending that annoys me

Reactions: 8

Before we got married, I always felt weird saying fiance, so I once called him my partner and he got so upset (not angry upset, but hurt) and asked if this was some kind of business arrangement 😂 Now I think 'partner' is just cringy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
For me, visiting Iceland the supermarket holds more appeal than visiting Iceland the country.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

The 20's called, they want their opinions back :sick: 😶 💀 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.