Unpopular opinions #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
duck off putting warnings on programmes from the 90ā€™s apologising for the humour/language used. You canā€™t get offended retrospectively.
I always thought it was 70s stuff that got the warnings. Still, as time moves, they'll warn people about repeated 20s shows.

Reactions: 7
duck off putting warnings on programmes from the 90ā€™s apologising for the humour/language used. You canā€™t get offended retrospectively.
Ace Ventura was on the other day, and there was a scene where he kisses what he thinks is a woman, only to discover it's actually a man. His reaction is extreme to say the least - I couldn't believe it hadn't been censored šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Women's sport doesn't deserve the huge amount of media coverage it gets, especially off the BBC.

There's nothing wrong with women playing sport of course, we should all have the freedom to play whatever sport we like, but the lack of ability and competitiveness means it's very dull to watch.

Reactions: 20
Some women say they got pregnant by accident but were careless on purpose because they thought a baby would tie him to her forever/make him love her/thought a baby would complete her life. More women than we collectively like to admit to. Nowadays it really isnā€™t hard to find information and get access to contraception. šŸ˜°

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Some women say they got pregnant by accident but were careless on purpose because they thought a baby would tie him to her forever/make him love her/thought a baby would complete her life. More women than we collectively like to admit to. Nowadays it really isnā€™t hard to find information and get access to contraception. šŸ˜°
Agree. I donā€™t think there is any genuine excuse now for an unplanned pregnancy. Anyone can access free contraception now everyday- either in person or online. There is no reason for any ā€œoops Iā€™m pregnant- how did that happen?!ā€ Stuff anymore.

• Sick
Reactions: 22
Agree. I donā€™t think there is any genuine excuse now for an unplanned pregnancy. Anyone can access free contraception now everyday- either in person or online. There is no reason for any ā€œoops Iā€™m pregnant- how did that happen?!ā€ Stuff anymore.
Also, condoms don't "fail" or "break" as often as people like to say they do.

Reactions: 18
Also, condoms don't "fail" or "break" as often as people like to say they do.
If I really didnā€™t want to get pregnant I wouldnā€™t ever be reliant on a condom. Particularly if we are talking about one night stands or. Where drunk is involved. Too much room for ever there!!!!

Reactions: 8
I knew a girl who was in a relationship for 3+ years with a guy in Uni and on the pill. She obviously knew how to use the pill properly and didnā€™t get pregnant.

a year after she broke up with him, she meets a relatively well known National sports star who is well off. She got pregnant ā€œunplannedā€ after knowing him about six months. I donā€™t even think they were in an actual relationship at the time.

itā€™s been years since and heā€™s gone on to marry her and have another kid with her, but I think deep down he realises he was had. He constantly gushes over how much of an amazing wife and mother she is, heā€™s so lucky etc etc. And I canā€™t help but think she forced his hand and heā€™s trying to convince himself shes the one and it was all his choice anyway.

on that note,

Thereā€™s a direct correlation; the more a couple gush over each other on social media, the more broken their relationship is

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Thereā€™s a direct correlation; the more a couple gush over each other on social media, the more broken their relationship is
I think this too! It's like they are trying to convince themselves that if they show this never ending disney style happiness to the world then everything is all good, when really, they just can't face the fact that things are not going well! I've seen it with my friends relationships too often!

Reactions: 19
When I went to Lourdes as a teenager, I was talking to one of the younger priests who told me about a group of girls who visited a few years before. All of whom had unprotected sex with some French and Italian lads because they thought God would protect them in the Holy land and it didnā€™t count as a sin because they were doing good deeds throughout the day šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I think this too! It's like they are trying to convince themselves that if they show this never ending disney style happiness to the world then everything is all good, when really, they just can't face the fact that things are not going well! I've seen it with my friends relationships too often!
I know of a super cringey couple.. constantly posting about how amazing the other one is, how lucky they are. He planned an elaborate proposal and photographed it all, they threw an elaborate engagement party that was fancier than some peopleā€™s actual wedding etc etc. I couldnā€™t get my head round itā€¦

turns out her dad owns the company he works at and is extremely wealthy. Heā€™s literally marrying his bosses daughter to get a step ahead and for money.

on that noteā€¦

IMO more people marry for money than they admit toā€¦

itā€™s kinda weird because for centuries it was the accepted, normal thing to do. Marry someone strategically. But now we are all about marrying for love and we just donā€™t really talk about someone we know marrying someone else because they can offer then a life of financial security.

Reactions: 15
Ok here goes, deep breath..,,

I donā€™t trust ā€œgo fund meā€ pages and I will not donate. Especially ones begging for money ā€œfor the familyā€ after something like a teenage suicide. Yes itā€™s awful and tragic and you have my sympathy - but youā€™re not getting my money!

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.