Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pizzledizzle

Fuck off putting warnings on programmes from the 90’s apologising for the humour/language used. You can’t get offended retrospectively.

• Heart
Reactions: 89

that1

Chatty Member
It’s a total myth that working hard will definitely pay off and that the cream rises to the top.
In reality it’s a combination of working hard/talent but mostly luck.
Successful people don’t like to acknowledge that because it hurts their ego. The general population don’t like to acknowledge that because it means having to acknowledge how little control we have over our lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
Ok here goes, deep breath..,,

I don’t trust “go fund me” pages and I will not donate. Especially ones begging for money “for the family” after something like a teenage suicide. Yes it’s awful and tragic and you have my sympathy - but you’re not getting my money!

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Pinkii

VIP Member
Probably an unpopular opinion for northerners, but Yorkshire pudding needs to be eaten with all roasts, not just beef

• Heart
Reactions: 54

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
People who seriously believe in the power of the moon/moon affecting their moods/moon powering up crystals/crystals healing the body & mind etc is a moron.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I'd take it one step further and say there are only two sexes and you can't change sex, no matter how many surgeries you have or drugs you take
👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻 And calling it “chest feeding” and changing sanitary packaging so it’s not specially aimed at “woman” is a joke! MEN DO NOT HAVE PERIODS.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

trixiefrog

Chatty Member
Toilets and changing rooms shouldn’t be gender neutral for safety reasons. Sorry, but having to protect the feelings of one in a million (or whatever) transgender person shouldn’t be prioritised over the safety of many, many women.

• Heart

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
I don't understand the fuss about Yorkshire tea.

My SiL won't drink anything else. When she comes over I pull out a Yorkshire tea bag box which I always refill with pg tips bags.

I love it when the daft cow takes a sip and then says 'aah you can't beat Yorkshire tea' 😄

• Haha
  • Heart

that1

Chatty Member
Agree. I don’t think there is any genuine excuse now for an unplanned pregnancy. Anyone can access free contraception now everyday- either in person or online. There is no reason for any “oops I’m pregnant- how did that happen?!” Stuff anymore.
I knew a girl who was in a relationship for 3+ years with a guy in Uni and on the pill. She obviously knew how to use the pill properly and didn’t get pregnant.

a year after she broke up with him, she meets a relatively well known National sports star who is well off. She got pregnant “unplanned” after knowing him about six months. I don’t even think they were in an actual relationship at the time.

it’s been years since and he’s gone on to marry her and have another kid with her, but I think deep down he realises he was had. He constantly gushes over how much of an amazing wife and mother she is, he’s so lucky etc etc. And I can’t help but think she forced his hand and he’s trying to convince himself shes the one and it was all his choice anyway.

on that note,

There’s a direct correlation; the more a couple gush over each other on social media, the more broken their relationship is

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

a musician

Pretty sure I'll get a bunch of backlash for this but here goes...

Princess Diana is overrated and she certainly wasn't the innocent victim she portrayed herself as. I also wish that films and TV shows would stop being made about her because it's the same thing over and over again.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻 And calling it “chest feeding” and changing sanitary packaging so it’s not specially aimed at “woman” is a joke! MEN DO NOT HAVE PERIODS.
And calling pregnant women pregnant people or mothers 'birthing parent' all because some people are triggered by female centric words. Fuck off!

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Itsmedoctortea

VIP Member
1. Processo is absolutely rotten and should be banned
2. New years eve is the most depressing night of the year
3. Bloody hate those people who check in at the hospital on fb or put a status up 'the worst day' and then in comes the floods of comments to which are either not replied to or 'I'll pm you' :mad:
4. I HATE SMALL TALK

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Unpopular opinion: NHS workers were seen as saints during the pandemic while other workers who kept the country afloat were largely ignored, such as supermarket workers, pharmacists, delivery drivers, post office workers etc. Also: there are many amazing doctors and nurses but it doesn't automatically make someone a saint. Like all professions, there are good and bad

• Heart
Reactions: 45

that1

Chatty Member
For all our moaning about politics, racism, sexism, classism etc. The U.K. is actually, pretty objectively, a good place to live

• Heart
Reactions: 43

that1

Chatty Member
On the topic of marriage…

unpopular opinion… can’t stand women who think marriage is the ultimate goal in life. I say it’s an unpopular opinion because so many women IME still see it as the holy grail.

having a career? Hobbies? Interesting single life? Still not as good as being married to Joe Bloggs and validated by a man amirite

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43