Unpopular Opinions #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another example of obvious racism then, for context, I am mixed race, I consider myself to have light skin. My son, darker then me.

I went into work a while ago and naturally I am darker then in winter months due to how much I love to tan, and somebody walked in and said ‘bleeping hell peaches colour of you, you’re almost as dark as your son’ and everybody laughed. It was embarrassing, rude and made me feel really really uncomfortable.

Had I reported it, or spoke up, I’d have been seen as dramatic, so you suck it up and roll your eyes. These are things that happen daily, but of course it’s not white peoples issues it’s apparently the issue of the black person?
that’s disgusting behaviour. Honestly, I’m sick of this “racism isn’t an issue here compared to other places” who cares

they stone gay people in some countries but that doesn’t mean homophobia isn’t a massive problem still

it’s just an excuse for them to continue or ignore this behaviour imo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
that’s disgusting behaviour. Honestly, I’m sick of this “racism isn’t an issue here compared to other places” who cares

they stone gay people in some countries but that doesn’t mean homophobia isn’t a massive problem still

it’s just an excuse for them to continue or ignore this behaviour imo
It's a different issue in every country. E.g.: it's completely different type of racism in Central or Easter Europe countries but people there are not that used to have people of all races around, only recently there have been more people of different races in places like Poland for example. They're still such predominantly white countries. UK would seem to be way further ahead with not being racist but it's a different issue since it's a lot more multi cultural society. Plus there's the history to go with it. So I don't think UK can really be compared with that many other countries.

Reactions: 1
WOW some read this this morning, it does seem having your own opinion on things is unpopular - MY UO for the day Woekism and this need to be woke is wrecking comedy - I used to love Mighty boosh league of gentlemen and little britian - Cant see them on TV now cos the offended by everything brigade have had it banned,

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Also coming back to the dog talk yesterday - I’d definitely involve my dog or cat in my wedding

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
This is the only thread where people moan they are bored, you adhere to the title and then it’s handbags at dawn and a desire to return to the many conversational thrills of fig rolls and breastfeeding :p
“Fig roll anyone 🤪

Me:
57CEB809-7EAB-4416-A80D-2F46ED1D7A64.jpeg

• Haha
It's a different issue in every country. E.g.: it's completely different type of racism in Central or Easter Europe countries but people there are not that used to have people of all races around, only recently there have been more people of different races in places like Poland for example. They're still such predominantly white countries. UK would seem to be way further ahead with not being racist but it's a different issue since it's a lot more multi cultural society. Plus there's the history to go with it. So I don't think UK can really be compared with that many other countries.
Without stating the bleeding obvious, it's a very complex issue. I remember when BLM was at it's height and seeing the issues between Black West Indians, Black Americans and Black Africans. I was not aware there was such division.

America has some massive issues with racism. The fact segration was still in place in my lifetime is horrific. I was watching a WW2 documentary recently and they were having to tell Black American soldiers that could go were they wanted in the UK, that there were rules determine what pubs they could go in etc etc.

I know this is a massive generalisation but the people who are racist are usually the same people who are homophobic, misogynistic twats who spend their whole lives angry at everything.

I never said that it was a perfect utopian ideal in the UK, I simply asked what could be improved on a national level and how those standards would compare across the world. No one has bothered to answer that so I assume no one knows.

Reactions: 4
Another example of obvious racism then, for context, I am mixed race, I consider myself to have light skin. My son, darker then me.

I went into work a while ago and naturally I am darker then in winter months due to how much I love to tan, and somebody walked in and said ‘bleeping hell peaches colour of you, you’re almost as dark as your son’ and everybody laughed. It was embarrassing, rude and made me feel really really uncomfortable.

Had I reported it, or spoke up, I’d have been seen as dramatic, so you suck it up and roll your eyes. These are things that happen daily, but of course it’s not white peoples issues it’s apparently the issue of the black person?

That really is tit and I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Idiot should have been fired on the spot.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
“You speak good English” is one example because it implies that the person wasn’t born in this country (or indeed any English speaking country) or that you expect them to speak English badly because of the colour of their skin, their surname, where they were born.
I I moved to the uk when I was 16/17 and people said this all the time, I speak good English, but I took it as a compliment? 😂

Reactions: 5
Yeah an Asian friend of mine has had it several times. She was born here so she speaks with an English accent, yet she's still had people compliment her on her English. 🤪
It could also be because there are people who are white British that aren't fully educated and people are making a comparison. I know these people exist because of Tattle :censored:

• Haha
Without stating the bleeding obvious, it's a very complex issue. I remember when BLM was at it's height and seeing the issues between Black West Indians, Black Americans and Black Africans. I was not aware there was such division.

America has some massive issues with racism. The fact segration was still in place in my lifetime is horrific. I was watching a WW2 documentary recently and they were having to tell Black American soldiers that could go were they wanted in the UK, that there were rules determine what pubs they could go in etc etc.

I know this is a massive generalisation but the people who are racist are usually the same people who are homophobic, misogynistic twats who spend their whole lives angry at everything.

i was reading about that the other day. in the UK you had white American military abusing black American military for not segregating. When they went home they were even being lynched coming off the train for having the American military uniform on. One of the UK pubs said their pub was blacks only to spite the white Americans and it caused a riot of sorts and people were killed. So shocking.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
People who have a problem with high income households are just bitter that they failed in life …
Hate to break it to you, but most people don’t equate high income as being the most important thing in life.

We’ve never been a high income family. However, we paid our mortgage off in our mid 40s and have zero debt. We are all in reasonably good health. Jeez we are such failures… 🙄

UO - high income households who think they are better than those who earn less.

04FC5399-2086-478E-B027-32BBEF747451.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I I moved to the uk when I was 16/17 and people said this all the time, I speak good English, but I took it as a compliment? 😂
It depends on the circumstances I guess, but that was just one example. There are loads of things that could be seen as micro agression.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.