Unpopular Opinions #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it a bit gross that widowers ‘find love’ so soon after their wife/husband has died. Stephen Bland was moaning on Twitter that the Daily Mail said his new wife looks like his old wife and they do a bit. A few people said that it only took him 18 months and then he shacked up with the next Mrs Bland and they were yelled at.
I get that there is no time on grief but I’m the same train of thought I’m confused how you can process the death of the love of your life and then go on dates and find your next partner all within 18 months.

Reactions: 18
I generally don’t like other kids apart from my own/my nieces. It sounds awful but even my close friends kids I find a struggle to warm too. I’m dreading the days when mine want sleepovers etc. Am I wired wrong?!

Reactions: 13
I find it a bit gross that widowers ‘find love’ so soon after their wife/husband has died. Stephen Bland was moaning on Twitter that the Daily Mail said his new wife looks like his old wife and they do a bit. A few people said that it only took him 18 months and then he shacked up with the next Mrs Bland and they were yelled at.
I get that there is no time on grief but I’m the same train of thought I’m confused how you can process the death of the love of your life and then go on dates and find your next partner all within 18 months.
I think you've countered your own argument when you say there's no time limit on grief. Some people never have another partner after their spouse dies, whereas some do.

It's whatever works for each person. I don't really see why it's gross to find love with someone else. I doubt his former wife wanted him to mope around and be alone for years.

Reactions: 7
Cat piss and tit is putrid. The thought of having a litter tray in my house gives me the fear 🤮

ETA I have a wee dog and it’s easy enough to keep her and the house clean (admittedly I’m a clean freak and love housework). The febreze plug ins specifically for pets are a God send as well
At least cats bury their poo.

Reactions: 1
Nah if I’d been married and my husband married someone else a year and a half after I died I’d come back as a ghost and haunt the bleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Saying you don’t care about issues/causes that don’t effect you personally is the height of ignorance and screams privilege to me. I also think it’s very telling that a lot of the time said issues are to do with race.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Nah if I’d been married and my husband married someone else a year and a half after I died I’d come back as a ghost and haunt the bleep.
I did think there was a bit of projection going on to be fair. 😂

Reactions: 1
I did think there was a bit of projection going on to be fair. 😂
I wasn’t the op? I don’t even know who Stephen Bland is 😂 but aye personally speaking, my hypothetical widowed husband would never know peace again if he remarried so soon after my tragic and untimely death

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I wasn’t the op? I don’t even know who Stephen Bland is 😂 but aye personally speaking, my hypothetical widowed husband would never know peace again if he remarried so soon after my tragic and untimely death
Yeah I mean when people think someone has moved on too soon, it's usually because they're projecting their own views onto that person.

Speaking personally, I wouldn't be around to give a tit. 😂

Reactions: 3
Saying you don’t care about issues/causes that don’t effect you personally is the height of ignorance and screams privilege to me. I also think it’s very telling that a lot of the time said issues are to do with race.
There’s plenty of other issues I don’t care about, but I doubt that would make you feel any better ;) Also, not actively doing anything for a specific cause doesn’t mean you WANT bad things to happen, just that you aren’t in denial about not campaigning against it. No one campaigns for all causes. It’s impossible. I’d argue most people don’t care about the BLM movement, they are just too scared to be ‘cancelled’ to say so.

Do I want different ethnic groups to be treated badly? Of course not, but equally I’m not going to lie and pretend I’m on the front line doing anything about it, because I’m not and likely won’t ever. As won’t most people. I don’t treat people badly and that for me is what matters.

Most of us have privilege of some extent. That’s life. There’s always someone who has it worse.

Reactions: 9
Yeah I mean when people think someone has moved on too soon, it's usually because they're projecting their own views onto that person.

Speaking personally, I wouldn't be around to give a tit. 😂
Or maybe it’s just their opinion lmao? You wouldn’t give a tit, some people would 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.