Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was also the no-hoper's put on telly in Pop Idol, X Factor and early Britain's Got Talent. Little Britain mocked the uneducated and those with mental health issues. In just over ten years, the Noughties has started to seem rather unenlightened in some respects.
It’s quite disturbing when you look back at some of the things that passed for entertainment in the 2000’s. Probably more so than some of stuff from the 70’s/80’s. Especially when it was a time when people claimed we knew better.

Reactions: 1
Biscoff sucks, biscoff anything in fact, it just tastes like salty burnt biscuits that have been left on the bench for a month

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Unpopular opinion, but concerts are over rated
I love concerts and I'm inclined to agree with you. It's a lot of money, effort, and planning for 90 minutes entertainment that might not be that good. The sound could be tit, the artist might be disappointing live, the setlist might not be to your taste, the crowd can be tit, you can get a tit view. I'm putting myself off ever going again now 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I love concerts and I'm inclined to agree with you. It's a lot of money, effort, and planning for 90 minutes entertainment that might not be that good. The sound could be tit, the artist might be disappointing live, the setlist might not be to your taste, the crowd can be tit, you can get a tit view. I'm putting myself off ever going again now 😂😂
I went to an 80s concert with the band Calling Planet Earth, recently and it was excellent. No one was filming the show, everyone was singing and dancing, we had the best view and a brilliant night.

Reactions: 1
Agree with the concerts thing!! Loads of planning to get there and it’s always so late. 2pm start is preferred so I can get home safely 🤣 ty 🤣

Reactions: 4
Unpopular opinion, but concerts are over rated
I think live music in general is overrated. Hate 'live albums'. They always sound crap. Then they off and do acoustic versions of a really good song and that sounds crap too. Live songs never sound as good as the recorded version.

Reactions: 2
I think live music in general is overrated. Hate 'live albums'. They always sound crap. Then they off and do acoustic versions of a really good song and that sounds crap too. Live songs never sound as good as the recorded version.
The absolute worst is when the radio play a recording from somewhere like Glastonbury or another festival.

The music sounds tit, the chatting from the band is annoying and you can hear loads of crowds screaming and it's just grating.

Reactions: 7
I’ll add festivals to the mix. I don’t get the obsession, they’re actual hell on earth

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I love concerts but festivals don’t interest me at all; my idea of hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I love concerts but festivals don’t interest me at all; my idea of hell.
Whaaat, you mean you wouldn’t want to tit in a fetid stinking box a hundred other people have shat in, sleep on the floor, pay £8 for a cup of piss-warm lager and listen to dirge you don’t like for two days just to get to listen, poorly, to something you do like? Shocking.

(they don’t appeal to me either)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Whaaat, you mean you wouldn’t want to tit in a fetid stinking box a hundred other people have shat in, sleep on the floor, pay £8 for a cup of piss-warm lager and listen to dirge you don’t like for two days just to get to listen, poorly, to something you do like? Shocking.

(they don’t appeal to me either)
Glasto should hire you as their promoter 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I love live music and festivals, you just have to pick the right ones. Used to do the big ones like Glasto when I was younger (although rarely watched the headliners as there was often loads of better stuff on the smaller stages) but can’t be bothered with something that size now but love the smaller ones (and the beer is usually much better too 😉)

Reactions: 2
I love live music and festivals, you just have to pick the right ones. Used to do the big ones like Glasto when I was younger (although rarely watched the headliners as there was often loads of better stuff on the smaller stages) but can’t be bothered with something that size now but love the smaller ones (and the beer is usually much better too 😉)
I used to go to festivals years ago in my teens when it wasn’t the cool thing to do - it was 3 days of crappy weather, wearing crappy old clothes and drinking warm over priced beer and having the best time with your mates watching the best bands. No mobile phones, no social media, no bleeping glittery face paint and drinking Aperol Spritz wearing some high end outfit and uploading everything to bloody Instagram. Festivals used to be great and now they are just an excuse for the insta-huns and the chavs to wear “festival” clothes and pretend that spending £500 to sleep in a “boujee” tent with all the home comforts is “roughing it”

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I used to go to festivals years ago in my teens when it wasn’t the cool thing to do - it was 3 days of crappy weather, wearing crappy old clothes and drinking warm over priced beer and having the best time with your mates watching the best bands. No mobile phones, no social media, no bleeping glittery face paint and drinking Aperol Spritz wearing some high end outfit and uploading everything to bloody Instagram. Festivals used to be great and now they are just an excuse for the insta-huns and the chavs to wear “festival” clothes and pretend that spending £500 to sleep in a “boujee” tent with all the home comforts is “roughing it”
This is very accurate 🫢. Everything is for the gram these days. Particularly Coachella. Bet half the people there don’t give a f about music, they just want to get drunk and get some good shots for insta

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.