Unpopular Opinions #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do agree that if you see a child as a parasite, regardless if that’s only in the womb parenthood is probably not for you.
In the literal definition of the word parasite, until the point of viability an embryo/foetus is a parasite. If they can't live without my body supporting them, they're parasitic.

That definition doesn't make me a bad parent. I'm glad I had my little parasites :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
But isn’t that a marketing trend rather than an actual thing? The mother and daughter matching outfits I mean? Like the family pyjama sets worn on Christmas Eve? My husband would sooner parade down High Street naked than pose in reindeer pyjamas with me and our offspring 😂😂😂
Marketing may have driven some of it but I see people in the outfits and the shops wouldn’t continue to sell them if nobody was buying them. Personally I’m with your husband on this though 😂

Reactions: 2
In the literal definition of the word parasite, until the point of viability an embryo/foetus is a parasite. If they can't live without my body supporting them, they're parasitic.

That definition doesn't make me a bad parent. I'm glad I had my little parasites :LOL:
That’s not the definition of a parasite though. In order for an organism to be classed as a parasite, it would have to be living in or on the body of another organism of a different species. Parasites don’t offer any benefits to their host either, where as carrying a child confers the obvious benefit of production of offspring and carrying on the species.
I’m as pro-choice as they come, however it always baffles me when people refer to a fetus as a ‘parasite’, because it just simply isn’t one lol

Reactions: 8
I once saw a brand selling matching mummy-daughter nail polishes for little girls. Do most pre-tween girls even wear nail polish regularly unless they're doing a lot of beauty pageants or dance competitions etc?

I agree with this, didn't intend it in a particularly sinister way ... although I read somewhere that the film Alien has been blamed for inciting fear of childbirth in a lot of women 🤭

That’s not the definition of a parasite though. In order for an organism to be classed as a parasite, it would have to be living in or on the body of another organism of a different species. Parasites don’t offer any benefits to their host either, where as carrying a child confers the obvious benefit of production of offspring and carrying on the species.
I’m as pro-choice as they come, however it always baffles me when people refer to a fetus as a ‘parasite’, because it just simply isn’t one lol
Well said.

There are some bizarre opinions about pregnancy on this thread, not just unpopular ones 😉😉

Reactions: 3
I find it weird on this thread that people can wang on for pages about how much they hate a particular animal, or immigrants etc, but god forbid you say you don't like children 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
My midwife described babies as parasites to me. In context I was 3 months before I found out I was expecting, upon visiting her I expressed my fears about having drank, eaten junk etc. She said 'don't worry babies are parasites, they only take what they need'.

She also said I had 'pathetic' veins. I quite liked her 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I find it weird on this thread that people can wang on for pages about how much they hate a particular animal, or immigrants etc, but god forbid you say you don't like children 🤣
I really don’t think anyone here has reacted badly to those saying they don’t like kids?? I haven’t seen any nasty comments?

But on Facebook I’ve seen when someone says they don’t like cats/dogs, they get so many nasty replies, proper abusive comments. Some pet owners are nuts.

Reactions: 7
bit of a diversion from baby topic.

fluffy towels suck, give me a rough coarse towel for post shower please.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I don't think anyone minds people not liking children, its the description people use that others find distasteful its like a competition to see if they can outdo each other in their awful description of babies and children That is all over www not just this thread.

I don't think anyone minds people not liking children, its the description people use that others find distasteful its like a competition to see if they can outdo each other in their awful description of babies and children That is all over www not just this thread.
In a previous post you literally said - 'The way so many on forums etc look at pregnancy, babies and children I would say its a shame their own parents didn't think like them.' I think that shows you mind very much! I think the way people on here talk about certain animals, immigrants, people on benefits etc is also incredibly distasteful or a pissing contest about who hates them the most. Not seeing a difference just because it's kids or babies I'm afraid.

Reactions: 13
In a previous post you literally said - 'The way so many on forums etc look at pregnancy, babies and children I would say its a shame their own parents didn't think like them.' I think that shows you mind very much! I think the way people on here talk about certain animals, immigrants, people on benefits etc is also incredibly distasteful or a pissing contest about who hates them the most. Not seeing a difference just because it's kids or babies I'm afraid.
As I said, I don't think anyone cares that people don't like babies and children its the way they describe babies and children that is the problem.

I agree with you on the other things and have said so a number of times. You can dislike things without being a arse about it

Reactions: 5

My mother once described a budget brand towel from ... somewhere (I think Wilko, Home Bargains or similar) as "so rough I could probably have shaved my armpits with it" :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don't see how the production of offspring is an 'obvious benefit.' There are already too many people on the planet and overpopulation is contributing to climate change. What's so great about our species over any other?

Babies and little ones can be very cute, I just wouldn't want one.

I don't see how the production of offspring is an 'obvious benefit.' There are already too many people on the planet and overpopulation is contributing to climate change. What's so great about our species over any other?

Babies and little ones can be very cute, I just wouldn't want one.
When I talk about the ‘obvious benefit’, I’m speaking from an evolutionary biological perspective rather than a social or individual one. At the most basic level, the goal of any species is gene propagation and the survival of the species as a whole through the production of viable offspring.

• Haha

I loathe and distest microfibre beach towels that you can pick up for a few quid and usually have something witty written on them like 'gin made me do it' and 'only here for the beer' - trying to dry off with of those is like trying to mop up spilt milk with a kleenex. They are not fit for purpose.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Mammalian reproduction isn’t parasitism.

Blended families are mostly tit. They are for the parents benefit not the children.

I loathe and distest microfibre beach towels that you can pick up for a few quid and usually have something witty written on them like 'gin made me do it' and 'only here for the beer' - trying to dry off with of those is like trying to mop up spilt milk with a kleenex. They are not fit for purpose.
yes exactly! I feel like all those crappy ones don’t dry me properly. I want a post shower exfoliation with my towel thank you very much

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.