Unpopular Opinions #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still going my friends house has the economy 7
wow i genuinely had no idea this still existed. thanks.. it must be one of those things that are never publicised because they dont want people using it like the discount travel passes for people on benefits

Reactions: 1
wow i genuinely had no idea this still existed. thanks.. it must be one of those things that are never publicised because they dont want people using it like the discount travel passes for people on benefits
You can also get smart tariffs similar to economy 7 for charging electric cars.

We have one which means we only pay 5p p/kwh between 00:30 and 04:30 so the car gets charged then and the dishwasher is on a delay timer too. Saves us a fortune

Reactions: 3
You can also get smart tariffs similar to economy 7 for charging electric cars.

We have one which means we only pay 5p p/kwh between 00:30 and 04:30 so the car gets charged then and the dishwasher is on a delay timer too. Saves us a fortune
same here ..theres a hive of activity going on in the early hours at mine..car, dishwasher and washing!

Reactions: 1
Horny names for makeup products (orgasm, climax, deep throat, better than sex) is not sexy, it's cringe and try hard.
I work in PR - not consumer PR but a much less "exciting" field. My previous job was in a large firm that offered consumer as well. They worked on an account for NARS and my boss, a sweet 60-something lady heard about it in a meeting, she came out all "Orgasm? Deep Throat? What's all that then?"

In the Middle East, Better Than Sex is marketed as Better Than Love which makes me think of the song by Hurts

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ok maybe an UO. The NHS isnt fit for purpose anymore and needs a mega overhaul. The answer isn’t more money, you don’t keep throwing money at something that’s broken
*this isn’t a go at nurses, doctors, HCA etc. It’s the system. 6.5m on a waiting list and their priority? Micro aggressions. Just bleeping treat people 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Ok maybe an UO. The NHS isnt fit for purpose anymore and needs a mega overhaul. The answer isn’t more money, you don’t keep throwing money at something that’s broken
*this isn’t a go at nurses, doctors, HCA etc. It’s the system. 6.5m on a waiting list and their priority? Micro aggressions. Just bleeping treat people 🤦‍♀️
I agree the NHS does need an overhaul, it needs to be run by people who have risen thrrough the medical field rather than uni grades with duck all life experiance - also they need to stop spending money on things like sex changes, or cosmetic surgery for someone wo whats to be a model (i do agree there are times when its a must so dont have a go at me)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think the NHS is basically ruined. The culture is set, it’s impossible to make the necessary changes to make it fit for purpose. I’m scared for the future because I feel like we should get private healthcare but it’s unaffordable.

Reactions: 13
Harry Styles looks ridiculous dressed as Dorothy. He looks like a children's entertainer who has had to dress like it for a joke

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The NHS isn’t the problem. It’s one of those most efficient cost effective health systems in the world.
The problem is the government who have no long term planning for it and constantly just chase voters and chop and change policy whilst restricting funding and giving staff real terms pay cuts. Rather than just back the duck off and let us run it because we know how to do our bleeping jobs.
Love - an NHS worker 😘

My UO is that having an opinion on something doesn’t make you phobic. We don’t all have to bow down and agree with EVERYTHING people ask us to
“I hate trans people” = phobic
“I don’t feel comfortable with trans women competing against biological women in elite sport because they could have an unfair advantage from their testosterone conditioned skeleton/muscle mass” = not phobic

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The NHS isn’t the problem. It’s one of those most efficient cost effective health systems in the world.
The problem is the government who have no long term planning for it and constantly just chase voters and chop and change policy whilst restricting funding and giving staff real terms pay cuts. Rather than just back the duck off and let us run it because we know how to do our bleeping jobs.
Love - an NHS worker 😘

My UO is that having an opinion on something doesn’t make you phobic. We don’t all have to bow down and agree with EVERYTHING people ask us to
“I don’t feel comfortable with trans women competing against biological women in elite sport because they could have an unfair advantage from their testosterone conditioned skeleton/muscle mass” = not phobic
I agree - your not allowed to disagree with anything unless you get people throwing ists and phobes at you - Look at things like the new Dr Who for example

Reactions: 5
The main problem with the NHS isn't the money it has, it's the money it wastes at every turn.

Crutches for example - my Ex had a couple of hospital procedures a few months apart and was given crutches each time. He asked if he could return them (to be honest he really only needed them to get home) and was told no, there's no facility for that. Just chuck them! (we didn't, we gave them away on FB). I know that's 2 pairs of crutches, but that won't be the only thing, and multiply that by thousands, and all the other stuff that goes on, the sheer wastage of equipment and money is unbelievable.

The problem with large unwieldy organisations like the NHS is that there's no one overseeing all this nonsense, it's too big, you've got silos of people everywhere, no accountability.

All large public sector organisations are the same. TFL and Met Police are another couple; I know ex TFL employees who had worked there for 20+ years (TUPE'd from LT), got made redundant (amazing redundancy package, basically a month's salary for every year of employment) and then restarted as contractors - at same pay level - the following month! Met Police have loads of retired coppers getting full (final salary) pension after 'retiring' in their 40s and still working on special projects.

Public sector work has become synonymous with slacking - best example of which is the current DVLA shitshow.

Reactions: 20
Love - an NHS worker 😘

It was the wastage of money I was talking about. During the pandemic, when the nhs needed more doctors and nurses, they advertised for a ‘diversity and equality officer’ in every health region. At a wage of £50k plus a year! Imagine the staff or equipment that would pay for. When I was in hospital after my stroke there was a lady walking around followed by 2 men with a drill and tools. Looking at walls. I asked the physio who they were and was told they were in charge of posters in wards. That was it. Why? Probably paid double that of a nurse. My GP surgery closed march 2020 and hadn’t reopened since. Taking the money tho. When I briefly lived in Telford, the hospital spent 80k on art!!

Reactions: 16
It was the wastage of money I was talking about. During the pandemic, when the nhs needed more doctors and nurses, they advertised for a ‘diversity and equality officer’ in every health region. At a wage of £50k plus a year! Imagine the staff or equipment that would pay for. When I was in hospital after my stroke there was a lady walking around followed by 2 men with a drill and tools. Looking at walls. I asked the physio who they were and was told they were in charge of posters in wards. That was it. Why? Probably paid double that of a nurse. My GP surgery closed march 2020 and hadn’t reopened since. Taking the money tho. When I briefly lived in Telford, the hospital spent 80k on art!!
They probably had to do have that woman and the poster team due to it being a PFI hospital? Basically they can’t change a lightbulb without requiring the PFI input. It’s a massive racket and? Government induced by Tony Blair.
The equality and diversity thing again will be government quangos requiring box ticking. I agree there’s so much waste but there just isn’t enough to staff to go around starting to solve this. We are barely surviving. And their solution? Hire KPMG to tell us we need to save money. It’s fucked. If clinical staff were in charge of funding and staffing we would get more done.

Reactions: 9
They probably had to do have that woman and the poster team due to it being a PFI hospital? Basically they can’t change a lightbulb without requiring the PFI input. It’s a massive racket and? Government induced by Tony Blair.
The equality and diversity thing again will be government quangos requiring box ticking. I agree there’s so much waste but there just isn’t enough to staff to go around starting to solve this. We are barely surviving. And their solution? Hire KPMG to tell us we need to save money. It’s fucked. If clinical staff were in charge of funding and staffing we would get more done.
Yes, too many beurocrats and not enough spreading of funding. The NHS should not be wasting money on non-medical posts like non-jobs- " diversity officers" etc , soaking up fat wages across the UK that should be spent on NHS stuff in the first instance.
I must comnend the NHS staff and service, its looked after me very well over the years and I'm quite unwell.
A&E, the last time I was there, with a friend all day, was clogged up with people with sports injuries, all coming in one after the other. All self-inflicted & we overheard one say to a nurse, I saw you last week , you treated me ( rugby player).
That, in my opinion, is the problem with A&E. 1/2 of the patients have self,inflicted issues that could have been avoided, and they use the A&E almost weekly, or fortnightly.
It was a real eye-opener. No wonder really ill people are waiting around sometimes, stuck behind all these idiots using the NHS resources.

Reactions: 3
I remember watching the BBC ”Hospital” series based at the Royal Liverpool Hospital. The building of a new hospital had stopped because Carillion went bust. Meanwhile the old decrepit hospital - which would have closed years ago had the new building opened on schedule - was basically crumbling around the staff and patients.

It was someone’s job to walk around the unfinished hospital building running all the taps, to prevent Legionnaire’s disease from building up in the plumbing system. A shining example of the absolutely criminal degree of money wasting we have to accept as normal.

The building should have opened in 2017 and it’s STILL not open. Supposed to cost £335m but it’s estimated to be more like £1bn. Obscene.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.