Unpopular opinions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t like electric car owners because they appear smug. That’s the most awful and shallow reason I think to dislike them.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Any small yappy dog that decides to try and act the hard dog around a bigger dog is not cute. It's a little twit.
Totally agree. That's my dog

Parents aren't owed anything by Non-parents. You chose to have them, deal with it.

Reactions: 28
Women shouldn't be friends with men , ok some are decent but most have an hidden agenda, or will take advantage given half a chance.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Women shouldn't be friends with men , ok some are decent but most have an hidden agenda, or will take advantage given half a chance.
makes me sad to read that. I don’t agree but it makes me sad you feel that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Love is a choice, not a feeling.

A lot of people think it is fun and comfortable to be around each other 24/7, but that is unhealthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Many people who work in very technical fields are insufferable when you ask about what they do for a living; rather than attempt to explain it simply, I genuinely believe they relish the lack of understanding people have in what they do and go overboard attempting to make it sound complicated and interesting. (I work in a niche and technical software field and when people ask what I do I give a one line answer then tell them they honestly wouldn't find it interesting; because they wouldn't unless they did it too!)

Reactions: 29
Cola, coke or Pepsi are the most boring Fizzy drinks and would be my last choice (though I don't drink any at all now. Used to like the occasional tizer or Vimto) :D

Reactions: 3
I find a lot of parents especially stay at home mothers to be insufferable. Yeah I know being a parent is very hard and it’s a tough responsibility but I don’t want to constantly be clapping for you and congratulating you because you are looking after your children and taking responsibility for them as well. Because that’s what you are supposed to do as a parent? If you weren’t doing such things, you’re not really fulfilling the “hardest job in the world” 😅
I have done both lol. 6 years as a stay at home mum (no benefits btw) and then returned to work when my youngest was 2. I loved bits of it but found other SAHM's bloody awful. Sodding wooden toy, earth mother, judgy types. Part time work has bought me back from the brink of wearing head to toe Joules and crunchy parenting. I

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I'd rather not receive anything at all than be given an experience day voucher.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Law of attraction is a load of crap. You can't control bad things that happen to you and yes I will trot out the line of "so do children deserve to get cancer because they attracted it?". I believe in having a positive mindset and outlook on life leads to a more positive mental health and positive experiences, but there is nothing woo about it in my experience. Like when a child is growing up around abuse and unhealthy relationships, as an adult most tend to repeat the pattern in their own relationships (think Maid). It's a psychological thing about gravitating towards people who mirror you in my opinion. I know the nicest people who have had the worst luck and a lot of twats get a cushty life.

The "I can't stay at home! I'm a healthcare worker!" Facebook profile pictures are cringey and like you want attention and praise.

I prefer autumn and winter and dread summer, I find the heat insufferable.

People who visit the UK on holiday should not be allowed any NHS treatment and have to pay themselves.

Reactions: 46
I'd rather not receive anything at all than be given an experience day voucher.
I hate giving and receiving Christmas gifts and I wish it was just a thing that didn't happen because I can't be arsed and it's a waste of time and money.

Reactions: 32
Oh lord the NHS banners on FB are the most cringeworthy things, second only to the essential worker posts during the petrol crisis.
Everyone is an essential worker IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Nurses aren’t angels. They chose to enter the profession, and it’s well drummed into them during their education what the pressures are. They get reasonably well paid for what they do, and if they don’t like it then they should change jobs/career

• Wow
Reactions: 86
People who buy you a gift of a weekend away, or a day at a spar etc and they are the 2nd ticket holder. Sod off let me choose who I spend the time with. it might be you but I might not want it to be you.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Most women don't benefit from being with men in a marriage, cohabitation or whatever else.

In 99% of cases it's the man that's better off from the deal. Especially since today it's "normal" for a woman to be working, taking care of home, giving sex on demand, and raising children. She's actually doing more than 50 percent of the work, plus 50 percent of the finances, and it's seen as normal.

I'll go even further and say single women should get tax benefits as they contribute more to society! :LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Someone made a post about maternity leave I agreed with - well its not I don't agree with maternity leave per se, but I do think the person should let the employer know if they plan on coming back in time rather than leave them hanging till the last minute - its not fair and could be denying someone else a job.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.