Unpopular opinions #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My horrible sister in law had hairy toes 🤢🤢🤢
She needs to shave her feet 🤣

I don’t like the term “breeders”. It makes those with more than 2.2 children sound like some sort of livestock. A lot of hard work goes into having children and regardless of income the amount of children people decide to have shouldn’t be of anyones concern. These children from these “breeders” will be the ones wiping your arses in the nursing home and contributing to your services once you are a pensioner!

I’m not bothered about carbon footprints or perceived over population either.
Unless they follow in patents footsteps and also become non working breeders

People are only concerned about lower income families living in Western countries over populating the planet too, I find. Or focus and hate the one individual who doesn’t use sustainable drinking straws or sanitary products while blind to the fact countries like China don’t care and still dump shed loads in the sea.

I don’t believe over population is a thing to be worried about either. Bigger families are an exception these days, the average amount of children born to western families is as little as 1 or 2. Infertility is also on the rise too as are people making the choice to choose to remain child free. Population has to be sustained in order for the moaners to be taken care of in later life. Those few families with more than the average amount of children don’t even make up the gap!

I couldn't care less about wealthy people being breeders its people who either don't work or immigrants with large brood I have an issue with

Also could not give a single duck about reusable cups cutlery sanitary products etc when other countries are high polluters

People shouldn't be rewarded for poor choices same for PIP for drug and alcohol related illnesses I find that outrageous

Last edited:
I like this idea but when you say £30,000 for families would that include single parent households? They get £30,000? Or a household where 2 parents are working say one earns 20,000 and the other doesn’t work they get £10,000 in benefits? There needs to be a something to encourage people into work. If they would be no better off working they aren’t going to look for work. Giving a drug addict who doesn’t work £30,000 a year May only encourage their habit ☹
It would be based on household income. So both parents income added together would be topped up to 30k. A single parents would also be topped up to 30k. Only for families though. Single people get much less like, 4k a year. I would assume a drug addict wouldnt be living with kids (or shoulndt be anyway)

I know what you mean about people not having an incentive to work. But there will always be people that don't work. People choose not to work on JSA and that's naff all. You're never gonna stop that. Even if you took benefits away they would mooch off someone else or commit crime. The system should be worked around the majority and not the minority. Most people actually want to work, but providing a good standard of living to all families means the kids don't have to suffer because their parents don't have a good work ethic.

And if a mum doesn't want to work amd would rather stay at home with the kids while her husband has his minimum wage job topped up to 30k, then I think that's fine. Parenting is massively undervalued and a household runs much better when one parent goes out to work and the other runs the house. I also think outsourcing childcare from 12 months is what's led to twatty kids and unstable kids.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
She needs to shave her feet 🤣

Unless they follow in patents footsteps and also become non working breeders

I couldn't care less about wealthy people being breeders its people who either don't work or immigrants with large brood I have an issue with

Also could not give a single duck about reusable cups cutlery sanitary products etc when other countries are high polluters

People shouldn't be rewarded for poor choices same for PIP for drug and alcohol related illnesses I find that outrageous
I take it you are child free and probably not out of choice.

Also addiction is a disease in itself, usually those who end up in addiction are trying to escape some sort of trauma. While it is self inflicted there are many addicts out there are who are trying to come off their drug of choice and are left with pretty poor mental health, some are left with illnesses that will not let them be compatible with work. IMUO they shouldn’t be left to suffer or stigmatised.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve seen a story in the local news today about a 17 month old being attacked and killed by a dog. It doesn’t state the breed yet but it doesn’t take much guessing.

There should be some sort of licence on owning a larger dog - no matter the breed. And certainly these new giant bully types need outright banning, they are often more powerful and aggressive than the average dog in the small list of banned breeds. The “no dog is bad, just bad owners” brigade are very ill informed. There are bad breeds! The ones they often defend were bred to fight and maim. It is in their instinct and nature to do so.

I’ve already seen people trying to argue that a Jack Russel or Chihuahua is just as capable of attacking. But these small breeds are easier to manage and even fight off and are very unlikely to cause death.
I read that it was a staffie? Either way poor child! What a horrible thing to have happened.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I read that it was a staffie? Either way poor child! What a horrible thing to have happened.
Yes the article stated an eyewitness believed it to be a Staffie or a Pitt. The police are trying to determine if it is an illegal breed or not. From reading that part I am taking a guess it is one of those Bully things.

Reactions: 3
Yes the article stated an eyewitness believed it to be a Staffie or a Pitt. The police are trying to determine if it is an illegal breed or not. From reading that part I am taking a guess it is one of those Bully things.
That family doesn’t have much luck. Saw on social media that the little girl’s mum’s uncle was murdered by a former friend a few years ago.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I couldn’t give a tit about the environment and don’t particularly see why I need to go out of my way to make real changes to my life to look after it. Obviously I’m not against recycling or things like that but in terms of things like “take the bus instead of driving, buy local food etc etc”

For example, if I were to live the most environmentally friendly life tomorrow for the rest of my life, what difference would it make? None. Las Vegas would still be lit up like a Christmas tree every night, China would still be using coal as they do, the wealthy would still be taking private jets everywhere. So what’s the point in me turning off plug switches when I leave the house?

Why can’t Jeff Bezos change his company’s practices? I wouldn’t have as much of an impact on global warming in my entire lifetime as amazon do in a few hours most likely 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
I couldn’t give a tit about the environment and don’t particularly see why I need to go out of my way to make real changes to my life to look after it. Obviously I’m not against recycling or things like that but in terms of things like “take the bus instead of driving, buy local food etc etc”

For example, if I were to live the most environmentally friendly life tomorrow for the rest of my life, what difference would it make? None. Las Vegas would still be lit up like a Christmas tree every night, China would still be using coal as they do, the wealthy would still be taking private jets everywhere. So what’s the point in me turning off plug switches when I leave the house?

Why can’t Jeff Bezos change his company’s practices? I wouldn’t have as much of an impact on global warming in my entire lifetime as amazon do in a few hours most likely 🤷🏼‍♀️
Strongly agree with all of this.

I make no effort at all and certainly will not go out of my way to change habits to “save the planet”. It isn’t up to individuals to do. Recycling your fanny pads and using crappy shampoo bars ain’t gonna change anything lol.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Strongly agree with all of this.

I make no effort at all and certainly will not go out of my way to change habits to “save the planet”. It isn’t up to individuals to do. Recycling your fanny pads and using crappy shampoo bars ain’t gonna change anything lol.
I thought this would be a hugely unpopular opinion. It was in my workplace this morning. A group of women were talking about how everyone should be using mooncups when on their period as it’s better for the environment, we all have a duty etc etc and I said never in a million years (too uncomfortable, would rather just use a disposable method) and everyone seemed to think I’m just selfish. If I am well so be it 😂

• Sick
Reactions: 19
I thought this would be a hugely unpopular opinion. It was in my workplace this morning. A group of women were talking about how everyone should be using mooncups when on their period as it’s better for the environment, we all have a duty etc etc and I said never in a million years (too uncomfortable, would rather just use a disposable method) and everyone seemed to think I’m just selfish. If I am well so be it 😂
I agree with you, I don't like the idea of walking around with a silicone cup squished up there (or a tampon tbh). For me, pads all the way. It's just too uncomfortable for me personally. I do use washable pads however, because I can just check them on a hotwash rather than have to remember to buy pads every month. Everyone seems to be raving about the mooncup but I just can't be bothered with it.

Reactions: 9
I take it you are child free and probably not out of choice.

Also addiction is a disease in itself, usually those who end up in addiction are trying to escape some sort of trauma. While it is self inflicted there are many addicts out there are who are trying to come off their drug of choice and are left with pretty poor mental health, some are left with illnesses that will not let them be compatible with work. IMUO they shouldn’t be left to suffer or stigmatised.
Ur assumptions are wrong I have 2 through choice. Will I assume you have a few to hold onto a husband that doesn't want you and u feel fat and frumpy?

Self inflicted disease my UO they shouldn't get extra money for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ur assumptions are wrong I have 2 through choice. Will I assume you have a few to hold onto a husband that doesn't want you and u feel fat and frumpy?

Self inflicted disease my UO they shouldn't get extra money for it.
Well I ain’t called BattleAxe for no reason. I’m on my 3rd baby daddy and breeding like duck, it’s like a wizards sleeve down there.

I sense a bit of self projection in your post though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I’ve seen a story in the local news today about a 17 month old being attacked and killed by a dog. It doesn’t state the breed yet but it doesn’t take much guessing.

There should be some sort of licence on owning a larger dog - no matter the breed. And certainly these new giant bully types need outright banning, they are often more powerful and aggressive than the average dog in the small list of banned breeds. The “no dog is bad, just bad owners” brigade are very ill informed. There are bad breeds! The ones they often defend were bred to fight and maim. It is in their instinct and nature to do so.

I’ve already seen people trying to argue that a Jack Russel or Chihuahua is just as capable of attacking. But these small breeds are easier to manage and even fight off and are very unlikely to cause death.
I love bull breeds, especially staffies, but certain ‘dogs’ being bred at the moment are mutants. I can’t believe it’s been allowed to happen after the mess that is BSL. The XL bully trade fuelled by 🍤 dick men with serious bestiality undertones in their Instagram accounts needs cracking down on. You just have to look at their eyes to see they’re not all there (dogs and breeders).

Don’t think I want to have kids if my fanny’s going to end up like a wizards sleeve or ripped out fireplace. Thanks for putting me off guys :ROFLMAO:
(I see the ripped out fireplace has been deleted but sadly will stay burned in my mind for a while)

UO - all newborn babies are ugly. People who call them gorgeous and beautiful are liars and are just being polite.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Don’t think I want to have kids if my fanny’s going to end up like a wizards sleeve or ripped out fireplace. Thanks for putting me off guys :ROFLMAO:

UO - all newborn babies are ugly. People who call them gorgeous and beautiful are liars and are just being polite.
Some friends of ours have a new grandson.

Oh dear, its a bit " unfortunate" looking 😐😐

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Some friends of ours have a new grandson.

Oh dear, its a bit " unfortunate" looking 😐😐
I saw a picture on Facebook of a baby fresh out of the womb, talking minutes here, with a head shaped like a peanut shell. Awful.

• Haha
I don’t think anyones going to look good after being squeezed through a vagina

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I think our paralympians are amazing. However they do give a very false image of disabilities I think. Obv just my opinion. As I’ve said before I lost over half my eyesight and left side due to a stroke. On tonnes of pills. Watching winter Paralympics, the blind skiers, and a friend of my MiL looks at me and says ‘look she can ski with no sight’. It’s the same during summer Paralympics. People watch that and think, if they can do all that what’s the need for pip.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.