Unpopular opinions #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
UO - the Pound Bakery is a million times nicer than Greggs and literally half the price. The veggie sausage rolls are amazing ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 14
UO - the Pound Bakery is a million times nicer than Greggs and literally half the price. The veggie sausage rolls are amazing ✨
I've never had Greggs, it just looks cheap and nasty. Also I've never heard of the Pound Bakery, is it a local franchise?

Reactions: 2
I've never had Greggs, it just looks cheap and nasty. Also I've never heard of the Pound Bakery, is it a local franchise?
I don't know about local, but it's bloody brilliant. 2 hot chilli cheese pasties for a quid. Not a UO for anyone who has a Pound Bakery in their town.

Reactions: 3
Kids in restaurants do my bleeping nut in!!! Loud/screeching brats! I came out for a meal and a drink and to talk to my partner/family. Some restaurants should have a no kid policy. I'm not talking about restaurants like McDonalds/KFC obviously. In those places it's expected! But when you go for a meal and an alcoholic beverage , screaming kids is the last thing you want to hear.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Nothing pisses me off more than the phrase 'raising awareness', especially in relation to health issues. 'Let's raise awareness of mental health conditions' - duck off (and I say that as someone who's suffered from MH problems for most of my life).

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Why do people talk about someone sliding into their DMs? Why can't they just say someone sent them a message?

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I'm beginning to dislike the phrase "triggering" :( As someone with PTSD, I'm finding folk using it for any old reasons rather than genuine ones and it's a dinky bit 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Trigger warning is unnecessary most of the time. If you’re so triggered by something as minor as a picture and caption on social media then you shouldn’t be allowed free time on the internet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I don't understand women who say "Oh I can't walk in heels"

If it's a medical reason, then yes absolutely but otherwise no.
Everyone can walk in heels. It just takes a bit of effort.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Universal child benefit should be brought back or the cap should at least be fair across the board and higher.

Capping it at 2 kids just penalises children for their parents mistakes.

Reactions: 20
UO - the bbc tv is naffness beyond belief, and why do they insist on saying bbcone and bbctwo instead of bbc-1 & bbc-2 , as if that somehow makes it special, in some way? It doesnt. Really gets on my tits.

Reactions: 11
UO- let me preface this by saying please don’t hate me. Ok, let’s get into it:

Game of thrones is possibly the most awful tv series I’ve ever seen in my life. I would rather watch my nana eat a plate of peas for 2 hours than ever have to endure it again.

Secondly, The Greatest Showman was a snooze fest and everytime I hear a song from it I want to impale both my ears with glass.

Thirdly, Jeremy Kyle could totally get it. Don’t know why cos he’s old enough to be my dad but damn. Just something about him.

yeah… you can hate me if you want, that’s fair.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Devolution was a waste of time. Either give a country proper independence or you end up with another load of politicians with their snouts in the trough achieving bugger all

Reactions: 15
Nothing pisses me off more than the phrase 'raising awareness', especially in relation to health issues. 'Let's raise awareness of mental health conditions' - duck off (and I say that as someone who's suffered from MH problems for most of my life).
And next week, no one cares. A lot of people with Autism don't do Autism Awareness month because it seems to be all about parents and their Autistic child and adults are ignored.

Never heard of Pound bakery. I assume it's a northern thing?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Universal child benefit should be brought back or the cap should at least be fair across the board and higher.

Capping it at 2 kids just penalises children for their parents mistakes.
Are you in the UK? Child benefit isn't capped at 2 kids , I receive it for all 3 of mine . It's about £21 a week for first child and £14 for subsequent. That applies to all babies , unless they have a parent for earns over £50k per annum .

Universal credit, and tax credits for those still on that system is capped at two children.

Reactions: 3
Are you in the UK? Child benefit isn't capped at 2 kids , I receive it for all 3 of mine . It's about £21 a week for first child and £14 for subsequent. That applies to all babies , unless they have a parent for earns over £50k per annum .

Universal credit, and tax credits for those still on that system is capped at two children.
In England you can only claim for two unless you had then before a certain date. If 1 parent earns 60k you can't have it but 2 parents both earning 49k can which makes no sense.

So single mum earning 60k with three kids gets nothing, but 2 parents earning 98k combined get 140 pm. And paying back some in tax when you earn between 50 & 60 is just the most complex and unecessary system ever.

Just give it to everyone with a joint income under 100k or scrap it and up universal credit for means tested families.

Edit
I stand corrected you can claim for all your kids if you're under the income cap. I'm sure when I claimed last year it said only the first 2.

Reactions: 9
UO- let me preface this by saying please don’t hate me. Ok, let’s get into it:

Game of thrones is possibly the most awful tv series I’ve ever seen in my life. I would rather watch my nana eat a plate of peas for 2 hours than ever have to endure it again.

Secondly, The Greatest Showman was a snooze fest and everytime I hear a song from it I want to impale both my ears with glass.

Thirdly, Jeremy Kyle could totally get it. Don’t know why cos he’s old enough to be my dad but damn. Just something about him.

yeah… you can hate me if you want, that’s fair.
Never watched game of thrones or greatest showman. They just don’t appeal to me 😁

To add to the child benefit talk .. having twins as your first kids you should get the £21 for each. I have twins , no other children and my second twin gets less than the first. The idea behind less for the second is because they can have hand me downs. There are no hand me downs with twins!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.