Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a lot of things in primary school which are “taught” but I deem useless. Joined up writing is just one of them. I feel writing in a style that is easy to read is more important. Certain children just do not get the hang of joined up lettering no matter how much it is taught, especially those with naturally poor fine motor skills. Some of these kids actually end up excelling in other areas but feel like a failure because their handwriting is constantly critiqued. Who gives a toss if it is joined or not as long as they understand what they are printing on paper?
If someone's handwriting is illegible it's because it's messy - and that's not necessarily linked to whether the letters are joined up. I've seen messy examples of both. It's not like children spend ages learning it either.

Additionally, the fact I (and many others) still join their letters when they write shows it wasn't useless for us all.

Reactions: 6
All kids are taught to write in cursive now its literally hammered in to them (side note not keen on this where's the individuality??) also at 6.5 he would be in infants so surely entitled to free school meals 🧐
that reminds me of my post here about the woman bleating how she didn't send her kids to school cos she couldn't afford the bus fares when schoolchildren in London get free bus passes

Virginia Giuffre is probably lying.
that photo proves nothing. I had my picture taken with Miriam Margolyes doesn't mean we had sex.. if it did I fear for my mate who does cos play and sees a lot of theater cos her and her kids have had their pics taken with hundreds of people. Mind you I wish I did.. cos i have had my pic taken with Tom Hiddleston 😉😋

UO: you don't need to know how to ride a feckin bike!
yep never had one and can;t ride one. Which has inconvenienced me once and once only when visiting a Dutch friend and I had to ride on the back of her push bike..

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I had someone really kick off once because they couldnt use our staff loo. They said they had a disability.. ok, but you still cant use it. Especially as ours was next to our stock room with thousands of pounds worth of stock 😂
I overheard someone in Specsavers complain because he couldn't use the toilet! I wouldn't expect to go somewhere like that and there be a customer toilet.

Reactions: 5
I overheard someone in Specsavers complain because he couldn't use the toilet! I wouldn't expect to go somewhere like that and there be a customer toilet.
My local Specsavers has a toilet that customers can use. No idea about other branches though so might not be a common thing.

Reactions: 3
One of my exes lost his leg in a motorbike accident, it didn't stop him for a moment he still rides his Harleys and everything else he always did. Me on the other hand with COPD cant walk and talk at the same time as don't have enough breath for both things together.

I'm so glad I now have a bad foot and limp, so that tattler can see my disability and I am now worthy as before it was an invisible disablitly
Exactly my experience. The only thing he couldn’t do with one arm, other than play sports on an able bodied team, was iron so got a steamer. Of course some things were a struggle and there were a series of ‘hand’ attachment/tools. The fear was damaging the other hand was incredible too.
My grandma with COPD can’t walk more than 5 meters without having to stop and rest but sitting still you’d not know.

It’s not a competition no but saying hidden disabilities can’t be that bad is crazy to me… and then to compare it to a missing limb. Very UO 👍🏼

Reactions: 10
i don’t think Virginia G is the victim she likes to portray herself as.
quoting myself to add,
We’re told we shouldn’t doubt the victim, sometimes.

she is lying!
I think a lot of women in Hollywood jumped on this bandwagon and screamed sexual assault because it was the woke/popular/trendy thing to do 😐

Reactions: 7
quoting myself to add,
We’re told we shouldn’t doubt the victim, sometimes.

she is lying!
I think a lot of women in Hollywood jumped on this bandwagon and screamed sexual assault because it was the woke/popular/trendy thing to do 😐
also I always ask the question why? Why are they saying this now in their 40s and not back then?.. was it just not a thing to get payouts then? If there was any genuine abuse/crime etc you would point it out at the time..

also am assuming that the famous and titled were not the only men involved but like you don't see them trying to take John Smith to court etc.. wonder why that is?

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I do believe it started with genuine cases, and then people saw a good way to get some publicity. 😐
Only worth going after the big ballers

also I always ask the question why? Why are they saying this now in their 40s and not back then?.. was it just not a thing to get payouts then? If there was any genuine abuse/crime etc you would point it out at the time..

also am assuming that the famous and titled were not the only men involved but like you don't see them trying to take John Smith to court etc.. wonder why that is?

Reactions: 5
I understand why it can take years sometimes for victims to come forward. There are valid reasons for it. duck knolws with this VG one though. Seems a whole seedy tangled mess of abuse and grooming went on. Regardless, Id definitely rather a society that believed women first - in the sense that empathy and patience is shown to them as a potential victim before theyre disbelieved and written off as a liar. There are more genuine cases than not, and the abuse and grief victims get is disgusting.

Reactions: 25

I understand why it can take years sometimes for victims to come forward. There are valid reasons for it. duck knolws with this VG one though. Seems a whole seedy tangled mess of abuse and grooming went on. Regardless, Id definitely rather a society that believed women first - in the sense that empathy and patience is shown to them as a potential victim before theyre disbelieved and written off as a liar. There are more genuine cases than not, and the abuse and grief victims get is disgusting.
Honestly, lately, I don’t know if there are genuinely more honest than not!
The amount of cases I’m seeing where women are lying for revenge,
But my point is we’re told we need to believe them regardless, and that’s not always fair on the person accused if there is no solid evidence.

Reactions: 4
I think people think it's 'cool' to say The Beatles are overrated. It has been around for years.

Reactions: 9
me too . However as I have commented before I think on this thread .. if things were that off they chose to go back.. as a rape victim myself the first thing i did was make sure I never spoke to or saw the man again..

I think people think it's 'cool' to say The Beatles are overrated. It has been around for years.
I don't care if it's cool or not nor have i any idea.. I have been saying it since I was a small child and now several decades later my opinion has not changed. My dad was into the Beatles so believe me trend had nothing to do with my opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Honestly, lately, I don’t know if there are genuinely more honest than not!
The amount of cases I’m seeing where women are lying for revenge,
But my point is we’re told we need to believe them regardless, and that’s not always fair on the person accused if there is no solid evidence.
People are saying the payout is his admission of guilt . I think there's ulterior motives on both sides tbh but who will come out the worst ? I think they're both winners!

Reactions: 2
Yeah I get that. I think I view the 'believe women' thing as an initial reaction to a claim of assault or abuse. Given the awful reporting and conviction stats for rape in the UK, if a woman claims they've been abused, I would treat them as though I believe them. What happens after, who knows. But if i raised a claim of abuse, i would hope id be believed ya know? I was sexually assaulted (digitally penetrated without consent by other men) and for years I didnt realise what happened was actually illegal on their part and that I wasnt to blame. I know if i raised it, i wouldnt be believed or i would be blamed. Its awful!

me too . However as I have commented before I think on this thread .. if things were that off they chose to go back.. as a rape victim myself the first thing i did was make sure I never spoke to or saw the man again..
Oh id imagine id feel the same, but i guess its a different experience for everyone - the degree of coercion, the power dynamics etc. I mean, the guy who allowed his mates to assault me.. i stupidly went back. He then offered me up to his friends after we had sex and I came to my senses and never saw him again. Its scary, really

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I don't care if it's cool or not nor have i any idea.. I have been saying it since I was a small child and now several decades later my opinion has not changed. My dad was into the Beatles so believe me trend had nothing to do with my opinion
Well maybe your decades of disliking set the trend then, who knows

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I thought she was saying she consented at the time but now realises it was coercion/grooming which = rape/sexual abuse automatically because of her age consent or not. A lot of people could find themselves in trouble if that’s the case.

I think it’s Dangerous to take a photo as proof of knowing someone. I’ve tons of pics with strangers I’ve met once that night and don’t remember and I’m not a famous person
people want a pic with. I’m sure there are thousands of similar pics of him with strangers. To me, it’s irrelevant.

It’s also dangerous to be guilty by association. Abusers are secretive and manipulative by nature so to assume he knew assumes we should all be able to spot abusers which we know is not the case.

If the girl was consenting at the time to being there, why would he question it? Did he know her age, did he know 17 was illegal? I know guys who copped off with girls at parties years ago assuming they were part of the gang or who lied about their age, finding out after it was the kid sister or whatever. Should that be held up as sexual assault now? It’s scary for them to think it could come back on them now.

I don’t know if he’s guilty, but I don’t think a payment means guilt at all. I think a payment means he doesn’t want every detail of his life and sexual history brought up.

Just in general - If you’ve been too drunk to be capable of consent in the past maybe the other party was too. Does that make you both guilty of sexual assault? Most people I know have been in that situation. It’s scary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.