Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We used to wear a black refuge sack and witches hat šŸ˜‚ you only got fruit and monkeynuts back then no candy .
I went trick or treating a few times in the 90s wearing this exact thing! A bit of green face paint too.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I like this thread šŸ’ƒ maybe because I have a lot of unpopular opinions.
ā€¢I hate cats. And dogs. And pets in general. Too much work.
ā€¢Soccer fans are mostly absolute hooligans
ā€¢Adeleā€™s music is like nails on a blackboard.
ā€¢little boys should not wear girly colours or have long hair just because it seems to be the cool thing to do.
ā€¢ā€Non Binaryā€ is a load of utter shite. If you are one gender and want to change to another off with you and Godspeed. But make up your mind. Thereā€™s isnā€™t scientifically any such thing as gender neutral. You are either male or female. People need to live with that.
ā€¢Sleep training is not necessarily bad.

thereā€™s a few to start off with šŸ™ˆšŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Why are we told to reduce plastic, save the planet etc when every Halloween (which I think is pathetic bollocks) a tit load of plastic skulls and witches cooking pots is shipped in.
Also horrible kids trying to blackmail their neighbours for ghastly, gummy, full of crap Haribo. Hate all of it! šŸ˜¤
All the cities of the World are lit up 24/7 , 100,000s of top hotels, private jets and caterers consume & use huge amounts of resources, plastics etc ... 100,000s of stadiums and venues around the World are filled with rubbish after an event etc.....
And people who fly about in private jets tell me not to waste cellophane what I should or should not use or recycle....??

I should bloody co-co. They can bog off. šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜Ž

• Haha
Reactions: 22
All the cities of the World are lit up 24/7 , 100,000s of top hotels, private jets and caterers consume & use huge amounts of resources, plastics etc ... 100,000s of stadiums and venues around the World are filled with rubbish after an event etc.....
And people who fly about in private jets tell me not to waste cellophane what I should or should not use or recycle....??

I should bloody co-co. They can bog off. šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜Ž
Greta Thunderburg or whatever the hell sheā€™s called needs a kick in the ass. And her parents should be ashamed of themselves for letting their child roam the world instead of sending her to school.

• Haha
  • Sad
You never went trick or treating as a child :oops:
I didn't either. We weren't allowed. My parents always said it was wrong to bother people. I must admit, I agree. I struck a compromise with my husband, who is pro Trick or Treat, that our children could go if he took them and I didn't need to be involved.

Reactions: 13
Greta Thunderburg or whatever the hell sheā€™s called needs a kick in the ass. And her parents should be ashamed of themselves for letting their child roam the world instead of sending her to school.
They're probably glad of the break from her

• Haha
She's 19, what do you want her parents to do, force her back into high school?! šŸ˜‚

• Haha
I would have more respect for the scowling Miss Thunberg if she took her argument and school avoidance to the Kremlin or the People's Republic of China HQ.

These types love berating us western hand wringers as we agonise over party balloons and carrier bags. At the end of the day the UK is responsible for less than 1% of global emissions. Why not take the fight to the big problem countries? Because they would give her a slap and the choice between school or a forced labour camp!

Reactions: 21
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Reactions: 4
Going to Pizza Hut and using a knife and fork for your pizza is weird.
In the Chinese the other night a guy comes in and ordersā€¦ ā€˜chicken balls with an egg fried rice, chicken black bean with an egg fired rice and a sweet & sour chicken with a boiled riceā€™
Who orders Chinese like that?! Who eats Chinese like that?! Thatā€™s just not how you do it!

I totally get the need to reduce plastic and try to bring my own reusable alternatives but it gets right on my tits how things are unusable now. Soggy paper straws, double strength squash šŸ¤¢, paper shopping bags in the rain. I covered myself with water recently because the bottle just collapsed when tipped up from being too thin. Yet on holiday All Inc every single drink was a new plastic cup. Airplanes the same. Big hotel chains, airlines going through Millions a month. Itā€™s plugging a leak but leaving the tap running.
Donā€™t change things until you can find a way to make them perform in the same way as they previously did and stop making the little guy feel responsible while the big companies sail along with no consequences.

Reactions: 16
I once went out for lunch with a friend. He ordered a burger and used a knife and fork!
I actually had a friend at school who would eat hotdogs with a knife and fork.

If you're in a nice Italian restaurant then fair enough, but Pizza Hut is barely one step up from a takeaway. It's hand food.

Reactions: 5
Men should not drive VW Polos. They should drive Golfs. Polos are for girls & women. Ditto Renault Clios. They're just not manly enough.
Haha. Iā€™m a man who drives a Polo. I made my decision based on cost, fuel efficiency and practicality rather than how manly it makes me look. :D Thereā€™s not much difference between a Golf and Polo now that VW has the Up. I could understand if you said men should drive a Passat.

I think Iā€™m going to switch to an ID3 next though as I want to go electric. Are electric cars even girlier though? šŸ‘€

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Nobody is interested in how you deal with your body hair. If you are constantly flaunting your hairy armpits or legs on your social media with "empowerment" captions, the only thing you seek is attention.

Haha. Iā€™m a man who drives a Polo. I made my decision based on cost, fuel efficiency and practicality rather than how manly it makes me look. :D Thereā€™s not much difference between a Golf and Polo now that VW has the Up. I could understand if you said men should drive a Passat.

I think Iā€™m going to switch to an ID3 next though as I want to go electric. Are electric cars even girlier though? šŸ‘€
Ah I'm quite aware it's an illogical unpopular opinion and I'm almost certainly alone in it.
Actually I had a polo once which was a nightmare. It would suddenly cut out power. Once I just made it to the edge of a huge roundabout. So embarrassing. Would conk out, you'd call the AA and then it would start. No mechanic could find out why!
I just never like the shape of them. Hated the Ford Ka too.

Based off someone I watch on youtube who has called her son 'Midnight,'' but OU, I'm not a fan of 'trendy,' and 'unique,' baby names that people have these days. I have a slightly unusual name that my parents gave me and I'm not a fan of it as people spell it wrong all the time and can't pronounce it and I go by 'Isla,' or 'Elidih,' that my own name. I just see all these kids online now and they have the oddest names and I just feel bad for them professionally when they enter the workplace and adult life. I feel that some parents give them unique names so they stand out but it is getting silly these days. I'm not a fan of names like 'Hunter,' and 'Carter,' as well and I see kids with them cropping up a lot online now, no idea why I just can't stand them- this might be tainted after knowing other people's kids who are little arses and it's put me off the namesšŸ˜‚.

Also I'm find Harry Potter adults to be a bit weird. There is nothing wrong with liking the books or a film but I find it odd that there are people in their 30s who make a Hogwarts house their personality trait and 'sort,' their babies into a house. I know it's a bit of fun but I find it cringey.

Reactions: 19
I often wonder whether the breastapo go in for extended breastfeeding malarky just so they can talk about / bore everyone for even longer. When my sister finally stopped she decided to become a midwife totally out of the blue, presumably so she could keep talking about breastfeeding *yawn*

Hahah youā€™re onto something there! I applied for Health Visitor masters when Iā€™d finished breastfeeding. Was still very much in the I love babies stage of life! I didnā€™t get it and Iā€™m so glad now. I prefer what Iā€™m doing working with adults and Iā€™m so past the little kid/ baby stage

Reactions: 2
and in my day this was called begging and we would have been severely reprimanded by our parents if we did this
My parents told me this. I was always desperate to do penny for the guy and was told in no uncertain terms that we don't beg

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.