Unpopular Opinions #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Basically, where do you draw the line? Offence can be taken across so many things. Who decides the cut off point? Who decides the line not to cross?

..the audience? Who all have individual tastes.. 🤷🏻‍♀️
It's the "punching down" aspect, making a joke out of the genocide of a still marginalised group isn't really wit, it's just trying to be the biggest edge lord.

Reactions: 6
It's the "punching down" aspect, making a joke out of the genocide of a still marginalised group isn't really wit, it's just trying to be the biggest edge lord.
I get that. But still, where does the line get drawn? Which groups are decided to be off limits and by who?

Reactions: 1
I say it should be open season for making jokes. People's humour differ. If you work in intense dangerous jobs where you see a lot of death and violence then a black sense of humour serves you really well

Reactions: 7
Should comedians be able to mock the genocide of an ethnic group?
but where do you draw the line? If you stop for one thing then others will want it stopped for other things.

If you ( not you, you) are sensitive to certain things then don't listen to a comedian who jokes about those things. Don't stop me from listening to them

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.