Unpopular Opinions #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It does what it says on the tin…
of condensed milk of unpopular opinions….. 😐

don’t be a dick,
but also, you can totally be a bit of a dick if you want,
I mean.. once it’s an opinion and not just a hobby/your personality 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I once witnessed a woman I know in real life post a photo of herself breastfeeding her 5 year old boy and I’ve never felt so violated 😐.

new patch of grass to piss on.
Wow, sounds like a great way to ensure your kids get the absolute piss ripped out of them for the entirety of their school days

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Someone shared a video of their child going up to a random cow in this barn and suckling the cow’s udders. I think it was one of these petting zoo type farms.
I’m not sure that’s safe, just randomly attaching yourself to a cow like that.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
It's not as bad as the channel four programme that showcased men suckling their wives though, let's be honest.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Someone shared a video of their child going up to a random cow in this barn and suckling the cow’s udders. I think it was one of these petting zoo type farms.
I’m not sure that’s safe, just randomly attaching yourself to a cow like that.
I could imagine the parent narrating "My time as a parent has come to an end, they belong to the Cow now" whilst slowly backing away

• Haha
UO: I really don't get why names like Alfie, Molly etc are seen as "cat/dog names." A Spanish friend recently said "in Spain we don't name our pets Sergio or Juanjo" and she's absolutely right ...

• Haha
UO: I really don't get why names like Alfie, Molly etc are seen as "cat/dog names." A Spanish friend recently said "in Spain we don't name our pets Sergio or Juanjo" and she's absolutely right ...
Haha I see your point but I do love my cats names that are human names!

Reactions: 6
Haha I see your point but I do love my cats names that are human names!
It makes me wonder about those names specifically. E.g. "Alfie" and "Molly" are considered dog names. They're diminutives; OK, so why isn't Tom or Steve or Vicky considered a "dog name"? If it's because they sound a certain way, why isn't Hayley a "dog name?" It just makes no logical sense to me

Reactions: 10
I'm begining to sympathise with Adele. It must be quite an ordeal to perform in a place like Ceaser's Palace.
Well thats me off everyone's Christmas card list!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The breastfeeding is a superpower does the opposite of normalising it.

I breastfed both my to just over one. It's not a big deal, I don't post pictures or brag about it. It's just part of having a baby. I have no more control over it than I do making my hair grow.

Saying it's a superpower makes you (and by extension other breastfeeding mums) look like a bragging head.

People need to just stop. I hate the other side of the coin as well that say you can't tell people it's better for the mum and baby because it'll hurt people's feelings. If your feelings are hurt over biological facts, you need help.

Braggy breastfeeders need to stop and cry baby formula feeders need to stop. Just give women the facts then let them make their own choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
The breastfeeding is a superpower does the opposite of normalising it.

I breastfed both my to just over one. It's not a big deal, I don't post pictures or brag about it. It's just part of having a baby. I have no more control over it than I do making my hair grow.

Saying it's a superpower makes you (and by extension other breastfeeding mums) look like a bragging head.

People need to just stop. I hate the other side of the coin as well that say you can't tell people it's better for the mum and baby because it'll hurt people's feelings. If your feelings are hurt over biological facts, you need help.

Braggy breastfeeders need to stop and cry baby formula feeders need to stop. Just give women the facts then let them make their own choice.
I was once ran off of a Facebook mum group for stating this. There was a woman who would go round and breastfeed her toddler in public spaces… including once in the middle of an aisle in a super market. Many were championing her and saw it as “empowering”. Sorry but I just couldn’t see why. It just seemed like she thrived off being an attention bleep rather than it being any benefit of the child. I said what I saw and it seemed a very unpopular opinion.

A very normal bodily function doesn’t make it a “super power”. I also tit sometimes but my arse ain’t special.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
A popular IG nanny had an article in The Sun this week saying breastfeeding is not always best if your mental health really suffers. Great. However, The Sun did a really crappy headline like ‘bf isn’t best and sometimes worse’ and she gave bleeping awful, outdated and dangerous even advice such as don’t have fizzy drinks when bf, don’t demand feed, eat 600 calories a day extra etc = major backlash. But she deleted peoples comments so it looked like the hate was simply for saying breast isn’t always best and just ignored the fact her info was wrong. So anyway, getting to the point.

UOs
1. Any woman still arguing about or bragging over bf needs a slap. Just duck off, no one cares!
2. Defending someone blindly because they’ve helped you in the past makes you an absolute melt. Judge on current behaviour not previous.
3. Influencers shouldn’t be able to delete negative comments or old posts. If you make a living off your posts, you should have to leave everything up for transparency. Even the really terrible stuff. You posted it, deal with it.

Reactions: 19
Manifesting is the biggest pile of crap since praying. There's only two things that determine what you are/what you will be - luck and knowing the right people!

A popular IG nanny had an article in The Sun this week saying breastfeeding is not always best if your mental health really suffers. Great. However, The Sun did a really crappy headline like ‘bf isn’t best and sometimes worse’ and she gave bleeping awful, outdated and dangerous even advice such as don’t have fizzy drinks when bf, don’t demand feed, eat 600 calories a day extra etc = major backlash. But she deleted peoples comments so it looked like the hate was simply for saying breast isn’t always best and just ignored the fact her info was wrong. So anyway, getting to the point.

UOs
1. Any woman still arguing about or bragging over bf needs a slap. Just duck off, no one cares!
2. Defending someone blindly because they’ve helped you in the past makes you an absolute melt. Judge on current behaviour not previous.
3. Influencers shouldn’t be able to delete negative comments or old posts. If you make a living off your posts, you should have to leave everything up for transparency. Even the really terrible stuff. You posted it, deal with it.
People are to you what your experience with them is though. My ex used to constantly tell me I was the only one who didn't think he was a nice person. He just couldn't get his head around if you treat me badly you'll always be a bleep in my eyes. I don't care what other people think!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.