Unpopular Opinions #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
omg I saw the joke... how in any way is that funny? it is not even edgy humour? it is just saying it s good that a huge group of people weer killed...jesus
It's that's how you feel, then his style of comedy is not for you. Which is fine, it's not gonna appeal to everyone.

The joke is, it's shocking, that's his thing. He says the most offensive things to see if people laugh. The joke is on the people that laugh, not the subject of the joke.

Nobody finds Jimmy Carr funnier than Jimmy Carr. I watched the whole thing and he's just DESPERATE to be edgier than Boyle. Some of it was OK but the majority was just shocking for being shocked's sake.
Jimmy is not trying to be more edgy than Frankie.
Frankie writes loads of Jimmy's jokes. If the joke sounds like a Frankie one, it'll be because it is a Frankie one

Reactions: 6
Nobody finds Jimmy Carr funnier than Jimmy Carr. I watched the whole thing and he's just DESPERATE to be edgier than Boyle. Some of it was OK but the majority was just shocking for being shocked's sake.
Yeah exactly. Most people grow out of trying to be edgy when they reach their 20s, but people like Jimmy Carr never seem to.

Reactions: 3
No.
I'm simply saying I don't think it's offensive. In a dedicated thread to unpopular opinions..... Or not.
Yeah I get that, hence why we are in the thread. Just that the way you worded it made it sound like you didn’t know that travellers etc were victims of the Nazis too, that’s all.

Frankie Boyle used to be edgy but he was whining on social media about Ricky Gervias making trans jokes and that it’s lazy etc. Even though he made trans jokes himself.

Reactions: 5
I recently read the article in the Daily Mail about Tattle. The journalist was devasted by the amount of vitriol she discovered. How people were calling Katie Price a drunk & unfit mother! ....hellooo. It was funny reading the comments 90% saying ironic considering the DM comments and no .. Tattle is just basically people stating the hypocrisy and pointlessness of these influencers etc getting rich on vacuousness! The other 10% were just smart arse blokes saying crap about women being bitchy ...hur hur I could of (deliberate of) told you that.
So I guess my unpopular opinion to them is Tattle is simply marvelous darlings. Many commenters said they'd be subscribing! 👍😆

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It's that's how you feel, then his style of comedy is not for you. Which is fine, it's not gonna appeal to everyone.

The joke is, it's shocking, that's his thing. He says the most offensive things to see if people laugh. The joke is on the people that laugh, not the subject of the joke.

Jimmy is not trying to be more edgy than Frankie.
Frankie writes loads of Jimmy's jokes. If the joke sounds like a Frankie one, it'll be because it is a Frankie one

IMVHO he is not particularly funny or edgy, irrespective of who he writes for.

Reactions: 2
I'm begining to sympathise with Adele. It must be quite an ordeal to perform in a place like Ceaser's Palace.
Well thats me off everyone's Christmas card list!
Haha If she were what I'd call *a true performer* she could show up with a guitar and herself and perform

Reactions: 1
I hate it when people pressure influencers and celebrities to make posts about things like political movements and sick children. It's wrong, and also very domineering.

Reactions: 10
Maybe not UO but my daily moan 🤣

Someone posted on FB today marks their 2 year long covid anniversary 🙈

In the rubbish skip with you!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I hate it when people pressure influencers and celebrities to make posts about things like political movements and sick children. It's wrong, and also very domineering.
Exactly, I don’t want some uneducated influencer talking about issues they have no idea about, I would rather listen to people who actually understand the issues in question. Going from a post shilling whatever free crap they have been given to then posting about BLM or something makes no sense

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yeah I get that, hence why we are in the thread. Just that the way you worded it made it sound like you didn’t know that travellers etc were victims of the Nazis too, that’s all.

Frankie Boyle used to be edgy but he was whining on social media about Ricky Gervias making trans jokes and that it’s lazy etc. Even though he made trans jokes himself.
Frankie hates women and he’s figured out that growing a beard and telling them to ‘be kind’ is a great way to kick them, whilst also getting pats on the back for it.
He’s poison.

I recently read the article in the Daily Mail about Tattle. The journalist was devasted by the amount of vitriol she discovered. How people were calling Katie Price a drunk & unfit mother! ....hellooo. It was funny reading the comments 90% saying ironic considering the DM comments and no .. Tattle is just basically people stating the hypocrisy and pointlessness of these influencers etc getting rich on vacuousness! The other 10% were just smart arse blokes saying crap about women being bitchy ...hur hur I could of (deliberate of) told you that.
So I guess my unpopular opinion to them is Tattle is simply marvelous darlings. Many commenters said they'd be subscribing! 👍😆
What annoys me the most about people who witch and whine that Tattle should be taken down yet, you willingly have to search celeb name with Tattle keyword next to it find the thread about them on Google. So it’s hardly out in the open, now is it, if you have to go searching for it!? Also why are you shocked that a site that is mainly used to have a goss about celebs and influencers is a bit bitchy?

Also, they have the audacity to complain about this site over Twitter, a site that is drenched with hate, child abuse, animal abuse, misogyny, women being silenced, and a place where no one can make a human error without being ostracised.

duck off

Frankie hates women and he’s figured out that growing a beard and telling them to ‘be kind’ is a great way to kick them, whilst also getting pats on the back for it.
He’s poison.
Frankie cares more about his fellow brethren in dresses and makeup disguising themselves as women, than actual women.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I ignore street beggars as 1. We have food banks and emergency shelters and 2. Many beggars who I know of already have homes.

Can’t stand Frankie Boyle and not because of his below the belt jokes either. He’s just a ginger prick.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Total kiss of death for me .

Reactions: 4
I think good comedians don't need to resort to those type of jokes to be funny. Everyone can make a joke like that, but good comedy is about something else.

Reactions: 6
Guess it's part of the whole "parasocial relationship" thing where people view influencers on more personal terms, rather than salewomen who make money from you clicking their AF. There are plenty of youtubers etc that are politically engaged and share their values, and you know what, if that influencer shares something political that the majority don't support then it's straight to cancelville. They can't win.

My unpopular opinion, is that there are quite a few mega threads on here which are basically people tearing youtubers etc apart for any little thing, alongside some which are completely out of order such as commenting on their bodies. Surely there comes a point where such tattle members should just stop watching/consuming media from those that annoy them so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think good comedians don't need to resort to those type of jokes to be funny. Everyone can make a joke like that, but good comedy is about something else.
Surely it depends on your own humour. Some people like dark humour some like childish humour, sick humour. Toilet humour is one I like least, yet it would have my sister rolling on the floor.

Reactions: 5
Basically, where do you draw the line? Offence can be taken across so many things. Who decides the cut off point? Who decides the line not to cross?

..the audience? Who all have individual tastes.. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.