Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah if you were totally immersed, maybe (you'd at least imrpove a lot over that time) but not from a few online classes...

not to my knowledge (and the teacher spoke standard 'high' German) if there's anyone on here who is from another German-speaking country lmk

Yeah she said that in the video. Apparently she started on her own, then asked Lingoda if she could do a sponsored video and they agreed. I'm not sure I believe that but if it's what happened, I still really dislike her need to monetize every single aspect of her life... Like I get that being sponsored by a company you already like is great for youtubers but still, every single brand or company she mentions is an ad
her casual magic is being able to receive money for anything she puts out!!!

Reactions: 15
God Eve must be kicking herself. She didn't need to go to Oxford after all to learn German after all?!?! She just needed to join Lingoda. She could learn it in a month!! It isn't too late to drop out Eve :)

• Haha
Reactions: 53
God Eve must be kicking herself. She didn't need to go to Oxford after all to learn German after all?!?! She just needed to join Lingoda. She could learn it in a month!! It isn't too late to drop out Eve :)
Silly Eve was taking masters level Spanish classes when she couldn't go to Spain earlier this year instead of doing Lingoda!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
that video, for the past me, would’ve been so inspiring, just like the staying in France video, I watched the French one so many times, and I was fooled by the fact jade gives the impression that she could have very long conversations. But now , it just annoys me. I have studied Spanish for 6/7 years through GCSE and A-Level, and I am going to do it at university, and I still consider myself beginner in Spanish. I study a lot, but I am making very slow progress. But Jade? Making out that she’s gone from beginner to full conversation in a month? It just makes me feel like I am really slow at languages. It’s just not realistically possible to be advanced in that amount of time. Not to mention that she’s not even acknowledging that those Lingoda Courses costs around £600 (for the one Jade is doing) or nearly £1000 for the intensive day one, if you miss a lesson, and not everyone can afford that. I know I certainly can’t

Reactions: 28
I gave in and started watching her video... sis claims to have learnt the language but has a flashcard for "Das : The"...
YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE A FLASHCARD FOR AN ARTICLE?? and like? wouldn't "Der, Die, Das : The" make more sense for her to remember all the words that means The? but surely articles don't belong in a vocab list?
maybe the critique of her technique is me being a bit snobby, but I'm so done with her saying she has an intuition for German and then seeing a flashcard like this... what's next? "Hallo: Hello"?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I gave in and started watching her video... sis claims to have learnt the language but has a flashcard for "Das : The"...
YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE A FLASHCARD FOR AN ARTICLE?? and like? wouldn't "Der, Die, Das : The" make more sense for her to remember all the words that means The? but surely articles don't belong in a vocab list?
maybe the critique of her technique is me being a bit snobby, but I'm so done with her saying she has an intuition for German and then seeing a flashcard like this... what's next? "Hallo: Hello"?
also,especially with German where you need to learn the word with the article and all the rules for them. who needs a flashcard for Das all alone?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The video seemed fine to me honestly..she's not claiming to be anywhere near fluent in the end, and I didn't feel like she was making especially broad claims about her skills. And she gave it a decent try, clearly put in the time... of course she won't have casual conversations with people in Berlin but she may be able to acquire a rudimentary level of German that makes exposure to the language 'worth it'.

Reactions: 3
The video was meh and I mean she wasn’t fluent by the end and made mistakes so it felt pretty accurate BUT BUT...

I call absolute bullshit on the friend who went from A1 to C2 in 3 months. I have studied french for 8-9 years, study it as a degree at the highest level university offers and would never consider myself C2. Probably nearing a comfortable C1 but C2 is literally native fluency.

Reactions: 28
Jade still hasn't really addressed her Switzerland trip has she? Seriously, 'influencers' lack any empathy and don't have an ounce of shame. so many people had to be apart from loved ones and she has travelled, abroad just prior to a lockdown with an (alleged) German person anyway?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Jade still hasn't really addressed her Switzerland trip has she? Seriously, 'influencers' lack any empathy and don't have an ounce of shame. so many people had to be apart from loved ones and she has travelled, abroad just prior to a lockdown with an (alleged) German person anyway?
She 'addressed' it a while ago and basically said she didn't regret it and was glad she went.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
The video seemed fine to me honestly..she's not claiming to be anywhere near fluent in the end, and I didn't feel like she was making especially broad claims about her skills. And she gave it a decent try, clearly put in the time... of course she won't have casual conversations with people in Berlin but she may be able to acquire a rudimentary level of German that makes exposure to the language 'worth it'.
I mean from the title she did indicate she was and after listening to a few bts songs she claims to have been able to have conversations with koreans so I think it is kind of implied imo. also the claims about her friend reaching c2 in months are clearly false advertising

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Some people are just good at learning languages and may have actually gone to a higher level in a few months of learning. We don’t really know that specific friend’s circumstances, and I think most people would be smart enough to realise that it probably won’t magically happen for them

That being said, Jade really needs to start marking her sponsored videos clearly

Reactions: 4
Some people are just good at learning languages and may have actually gone to a higher level in a few months of learning. We don’t really know that specific friend’s circumstances, and I think most people would be smart enough to realise that it probably won’t magically happen for them
It's mostly very young people who follow her and most probably they're not aware how much she lies in her videos. Besides no, there is absolutely no possibility for her friend to go from A1 to C2 in 3 months. It's not even possible in a year. No matter how good you may be in learning languages. Seriously she's a lying piece of tit trying to sell that crappy course to her young impressionable followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's mostly very young people who follow her and most probably they're not aware how much she lies in her videos. Besides no, there is absolutely no possibility for her friend to go from A1 to C2 in 3 months. It's not even possible in a year. No matter how good you may be in learning languages. Seriously she's a lying piece of tit trying to sell that crappy course to her young impressionable followers.
yeah exactly, being able to talk to people is in no way an indication of c2 anyway, you can do this at a2 level just with lots of mistakes

Reactions: 8
That being said, Jade really needs to start marking her sponsored videos clearly
The ASA is starting to name and shame those who repeatedly break the rules, so keep reporting her and maybe she'll realise she has to

Reactions: 12
did anyone mention the part of the video where she was about to begin her first class and said "if in doubt speak dutch"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.