Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

meweme

This. You don't need to do a close up crotch shot.
I mean, everybody can think what they want on here (seriously no offense intended), but for me this genuinely just looks like a weird combination of the leggings seams and female anatomy. Nowhere near camel toe gate, no big breaking news. Just a female dressing a body in a world where every inch of a picture is scrutinized. When I read the comments here I expected something completely out of this world (don't watch her posts anymore, just her stories).

But again, just my two pennies.

Reactions: 24

mindlessness

VIP Member
I don’t get why she’s obsessed with being “fluent” obviously no one will be without a lot of study and time just say you’re learning so you can use the language? Although in Berlin it isn’t 100% necessary as their English is amazing! So I don’t get her obsession?
I think it's to do with her idealised image of a 'global citizen'. Fluent in multiple languages, lived in lots of places, friends all over the world, solving all the world's problems one start up at a time...

missmina

VIP Member
Sure, the best book of them all🙄 Stop manipulating your viewers you dumb bitch, you fully well know that’s not the way it works
E6390C00-9C57-4A65-BFA6-78FDE6E7B492.jpeg

One of the most vomit inducing human beings
2A483437-BCB7-4291-9840-B8BCB419B8CB.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Just came to talk about this! I haven’t followed her for long so I guess she’s done it before but what the hell is this? There’s literally no reason to charge for what she’s describing, you can probably find hundreds of similar challenges for free. It’s also not like it’s some important thing? If someone starts it and doesn’t finish then there’s nothing wrong with that! And an amount as little as £2 probably isn’t going make people stick to it if they don’t want to do it. This is purely a cash-grab, kinda disgusted.

Fastgirl154

Solidarity with all the other folks on here who’ve been studying a language for 8+ years and still don’t consider themselves fluent. I started French in Yr 7 and am now in my second year of university studying it at a professional level - even still I am NO way fluent, I’m around a B2-C1 level but still so much more to go.

her posts really diminish the effort we as language students have to put in to master a language. I’m Italian and spoke it as a toddler but that didn’t give me ✨casual magic✨ In understanding French. It was Just pure hard work for 8 years.

artemist

Chatty Member
No, it is not. My brother goes to oxford and is part of two sports teams and regularly goes on nights out. You can criticize Jade without getting all pretentious about life at oxford.
And you can disagree with someone’s experience of an institution without calling them pretentious and thinking your limited understanding of Oxford through your brother is any kind of indication of what life is like here. I don’t think I’m better than anyone for being at Oxford and frankly if I could go back I certainly wouldn’t come here again. Please keep your personal attacks to yourself, thanks.

Anyway it was more a figure of speech but yeah, that is largely what it’s like if you actually want to do well. The environment can be very toxic and you don’t have time for much else unless you’re massively sacrificing your grades. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Certainly not enough to write a book.

• Heart
on the language learning topic, its also not like she consistently spoke the language growing up. My mother exclusively spoke to me in portuguese throughout my entire childhood and I then studied portuguese literature for the last two years. thats why I consider myself fluent. That's why I most of the time intuitively use the grammar rules I was taught by my mother, even though I was never explicitly taught them. Thats a completely different set of circumstances, which just goes to show how ridiculous her claims are

ECH

VIP Member
Why is she posting about how bad it is that Instagram is 'highlight reely' right now when that's exactly what she posts? She just posts photos to try and make people jealous of her casual magic life

• Heart

missmina

VIP Member
BTW if you've not seen this tiktok you should watch it. Can't believe its not a parody 🤣🤣🤣

This is so bad. Like so bad.

The faces she makes drive me mad. I swear she has the most punchable face I’ve ever seen. Like you just want that smug smile to disappear from ✨universe✨

ECH

VIP Member
Also it feels silly to do a GCSE and A level guide right now when the pandemic has paused those exams and we don't know if or when they'll go back to normal. I hope for her sake it's not that.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Holy shit she's back at it AGAIN with her "for profit companies are better than charities" bullshit Does she not have ANY critical thinking skills??? Even after everyone explained to her why she was so stupid the last time she went on about that?????
I was watching Vee’s video about her grades the other day and everything she’s studying sounds very similar. As someone with a background in education, it struck me how hideously neo-liberal her course sounded - she was describing one of her modules(?) and it seemed to be all about encouraging commercial enterprise to get involved in providing education in poorer countries, but there didn’t seem to be any kind of consideration of ethics, philosophies, choice or whether education sponsored by a major corporation was the right thing to do. I have to say it left me cold to think about education in such a market-driven way.

• Wow

CatCafe234

VIP Member
she didn't quarantine on her way back from Switzerland (nor on the way there iirc)
And it’s not like she quarantined in SK out of the goodness of her heart. She was literally locked in and there was the threat of deportation if she misbehaved (and she did kind of make up for that once she was let out ...) I am very curious to see if she’s daft enough to let on if she does break quarantine here. I really hope not.

emm

VIP Member
They don't! I looked this up a while back, they say: "Minerva does not offer foreign language courses or majors. However, as you live in different countries you have the opportunity to enroll in local language classes and to practice the language and experience the culture first hand. In addition, our international student body naturally lends itself to language clubs and ample informal opportunities to practice a language." https://www.minerva.kgi.edu/frequently-asked-questions/#curriculum
i.e. " you have the opportunity to pay even more.."

• Haha

xaannaa

because she already is fluent in korean of course!
oops my bad, of course she is! But then why is Dutch also still on the list? She is obviously fluent in that too???!?!?!!

Screenshot_2021-06-04-20-45-04-339_com.instagram.android.jpg

"Der Drittens Mai" I'm sorry but I can't

I'd never make fun of someone for language mistakes in conversation when they're still learning but at least get your vocabulary list right and make it make sense, like I get that she's trying to learn the dates here but you can't put some of them in different cases ("vierten Juli" is accusative or dative (right? depending on the article, which she of course didn't include, so it makes even less sense), "der erster Mai" and "der drittens Mai" is supposed to be nominative (I'm assuming))

• Haha

octoppus182

I just really really hope her young fans don’t fall for this crap. £15 is a lot to spend on something like that, when you can literally get advice from your teachers or google ways to revise.

meweme

come on now, let's not be base level mean and attack appearances.
No, but for pretentious I'm-not-like-other-girls bullshit pictures she nearly exclusively post nowadays to compensate for lack of real personality, definitely! This stupid shitfaces she makes are so freaking punchable!

• Heart
  • Haha

Merpedy

VIP Member
BTW if you've not seen this tiktok you should watch it. Can't believe its not a parody 🤣🤣🤣

The way she talks is just sooo unnatural and calculated

it’s as if she has seen people speaking the same way for added effect (which is calculated to some degree but natural) and thought that she should do the same

Reactions: 23

mooncat

just listened to that podcast jade made with eve, ruby and jack in her gap year and i must admit i actually enjoyed listening to jade there. she actually made some fairly good points there. came across as a bit self entitled sometimes, but no gahhhs or mentions of casual magic! i just feeel like her ability to think on her own and come up with good arguments went 📉 since she started minerva. man, i miss the old jade...

• Heart
Reactions: 23