Unjaded Jade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It might have been, I can't really remember, but I feel like people were at least talking about him at the same time
Yes, people were speculating it was John Fish. I think she made some eye gazey IG stories about him and people put two and two together (rightly or wrongly)

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Did anyone else see the ad she posted on her ig story for the essay feedback service (which feels kinda unethical to me in some ways, but that's another issue).
At the bottom you can see the beginning of her essay, and at one point she cites "Wikipedia, 2018".
Like, girl... The number one rule of university is don't cite Wikipedia. I guess Minerva is just so ~progressive~ that they have different citation standards too *eyeroll*

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Did anyone else see the ad she posted on her ig story for the essay feedback service (which feels kinda unethical to me in some ways, but that's another issue).
At the bottom you can see the beginning of her essay, and at one point she cites "Wikipedia, 2018".
Like, girl... The number one rule of university is don't cite Wikipedia. I guess Minerva is just so ~progressive~ that they have different citation standards too *eyeroll*
That would get laughed out of most universities.

Using Wikipedia as a jumping off point is fine, they have citations at the bottom so you can go read those? How difficult is it - there are six at the bottom of that article to go check.

Reactions: 17
It is unethical and preys on international students who don't understand the education system here. She should know better, especially with how ~iNtErNaTiOnAl~ Minerva is.

Reactions: 7
That service seems sooo dodgy.. essay “checking” services tend to be fronts for essay writing services, I imagine the initial check is free and then they probably offer to re write for a fee, how else would they make profit ??

Reactions: 13
View attachment 205953
Did you know that youtubers don't have to social distance?
Those kind of post make me so so mad, because in italy we had very strict rules (we couldn't even GO OUTSIDE without a VERY GOOD reason, like cops could stop you and ask you why you were out and if it wasn't for an acceptable reason you would get a big ticket) and then, when those rules were "made lighter" (sorry, bad english, I hope you can understand), we could go out but we had to keep 1m distance and have our masks on at all times. And we followed those rules! And now we have a lower risk and much more liberties, life is almost as it was before (almost, sadly universities won't reopen in the fall). But those past six monts were onestly hell (I also had sick people in my family). The point is that as much as I hated those rules, I still followed them because that was the adult thing to do. I could have tried to bend them a little, but if everyone was to bend them then the situation in Italy wouldn't be so good now.
And jade doesn't even seem to understand her priviledge. NOT saying that the situation in England was better, but she could always go out for a run ecc... in Italy we couldn't. And she has a big house and a garden, some people have a little apartment. I don't know.
And if she really doesn't want to social distance at least she could avoid to show that to all of her fans, who see her as a model.

Those kind of post make me so so mad, because in italy we had very strict rules (we couldn't even GO OUTSIDE without a VERY GOOD reason, like cops could stop you and ask you why you were out and if it wasn't for an acceptable reason you would get a big ticket) and then, when those rules were "made lighter" (sorry, bad english, I hope you can understand), we could go out but we had to keep 1m distance and have our masks on at all times. And we followed those rules! And now we have a lower risk and much more liberties, life is almost as it was before (almost, sadly universities won't reopen in the fall). But those past six monts were onestly hell (I also had sick people in my family). The point is that as much as I hated those rules, I still followed them because that was the adult thing to do. I could have tried to bend them a little, but if everyone was to bend them then the situation in Italy wouldn't be so good now.
And jade doesn't even seem to understand her priviledge. NOT saying that the situation in England was better, but she could always go out for a run ecc... in Italy we couldn't. And she has a big house and a garden, some people have a little apartment. I don't know.
And if she really doesn't want to social distance at least she could avoid to show that to all of her fans, who see her as a model.
Oh, and if that's what she thinks it's okay to show, makes me really wonder what goes on behind the scenes...

Reactions: 19
So Jade said in her last video she doesn’t know what she wants to do which is fine, not everyone does but begs the question why did she go to uni? I don’t think she’s majoring in biology anymore so it’s not like she’s that interested in a subject to study, just seems like a really expensive gap year when she could’ve just kept travelling and making content.

Reactions: 8
her last video... eh. as usual i'm sure she means well but ends up coming across as so preachy and a bit tone deaf.

what she's saying is true for some career paths (e.g. business, social media influencer, etc) but there are so many careers that you can't just spontaneously switch over towards by knowing the right people. good luck becoming a lawyer or a doctor that way. i just feel that this is really naive advice to be giving to young impressionable people. she's in a really unusual position where not only does she earn A LOT more money than the average person her age, but she's also automatically networking all the time through her status as social media influencer. She may have the luxury to have multiple career switches in her life but honestly, the sad truth is that that won't be the case for a lot of people. I'm training to be a lawyer, and honestly I really regret not having made this decision years ago, as I'm REALLY behind on other people my age in terms of internships/work experience related to law.

Not to mention, I know that networking IS important in this day and age, but... holy crap, lmao. she makes it sound like all it takes to switch a career is doing lots of networking. Not only is this simply unrealistic for most people but it also really alienates introverts.
This wasn't one of her worst videos by any means but as usual the ignorance does bother me. I used to really enjoy watching her videos, and I'm sure I'd really like her as a friend, but this newfound preachiness of hers really tests my patience lol.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
her last video... eh. as usual i'm sure she means well but ends up coming across as so preachy and a bit tone deaf.

what she's saying is true for some career paths (e.g. business, social media influencer, etc) but there are so many careers that you can't just spontaneously switch over towards by knowing the right people. good luck becoming a lawyer or a doctor that way. i just feel that this is really naive advice to be giving to young impressionable people. she's in a really unusual position where not only does she earn A LOT more money than the average person her age, but she's also automatically networking all the time through her status as social media influencer. She may have the luxury to have multiple career switches in her life but honestly, the sad truth is that that won't be the case for a lot of people. I'm training to be a lawyer, and honestly I really regret not having made this decision years ago, as I'm REALLY behind on other people my age in terms of internships/work experience related to law.

Not to mention, I know that networking IS important in this day and age, but... holy crap, lmao. she makes it sound like all it takes to switch a career is doing lots of networking. Not only is this simply unrealistic for most people but it also really alienates introverts.
This wasn't one of her worst videos by any means but as usual the ignorance does bother me. I used to really enjoy watching her videos, and I'm sure I'd really like her as a friend, but this newfound preachiness of hers really tests my patience lol.
To me she came across as speaking as someone with the confidence that the Bank or Daddy will always be able to bail her out if she decided that she wanted to switch careers and it didn’t work out. So so privileged - she doesn’t live in the real world! I’d like to say *yet* but I suspect she will carry on floating through life with her MLM brainwashed upbringing and privilege at the forefront.

Reactions: 20
Everything that comes out of her mouth these days is privileged cliched white girl MLM speak. Manifest your dreams! Network!

All the finger snapping and gurning and pouting is really off-putting too.

Reactions: 14
Everything that comes out of her mouth these days is privileged cliched white girl MLM speak. Manifest your dreams! Network!

All the finger snapping and gurning and pouting is really off-putting too.
exactly! when she said: "if you have a crappy job that you don't enjoy, go home and manifest having another one" i could not believe what i was listening to!

Reactions: 15
So Jade said in her last video she doesn’t know what she wants to do which is fine, not everyone does but begs the question why did she go to uni? I don’t think she’s majoring in biology anymore so it’s not like she’s that interested in a subject to study, just seems like a really expensive gap year when she could’ve just kept travelling and making content.
I think for many students (in the Uk at least) myself included, it is quite usual for people, especially if your parents can afford to help you financially to go to uni without a clear idea. The only people that have a real idea (in my experience ) are people that do specific job related courses like medicine, architecture etc

I think she is building up to write some kind of self help/career style book

Reactions: 8
I think for many students (in the Uk at least) myself included, it is quite usual for people, especially if your parents can afford to help you financially to go to uni without a clear idea. The only people that have a real idea (in my experience ) are people that do specific job related courses like medicine, architecture etc
Definitely! Especially with student loans. I've had to work all throughout uni to afford it but I went to uni to basically get a trial run at being an adult and get a better shot on the job market. I think our student loan system definitely encourages going just for the sake of it for some people.

Reactions: 9
I think Jade would have thrived going to university as a mature student. For all her faults, she's really clever, good life experiences and I think Oxford might even have been a possibility with some life experience and maturity. I'm honestly not sure what she'll get out of Minerva now that the USP (traveling while studying) is sort of out the window with COVID and I stand by the fact it's like a weird educational cult - ha! 😂

But yeah, it's all well and good to tell people to manifest a job they want to do. But for some people, jobs they hate are a necessity. We don't all have a rich dad who'll bail us out if we screw up.

Reactions: 13
Definitely! Especially with student loans. I've had to work all throughout uni to afford it but I went to uni to basically get a trial run at being an adult and get a better shot on the job market. I think our student loan system definitely encourages going just for the sake of it for some people.
Yeh exactly, especially as basically any office based job required
S a degree now (even if in my view, often it’s not necessary )

Reactions: 2
Yeh exactly, especially as basically any office based job required
S a degree now (even if in my view, often it’s not necessary )
It’s just another sign/way of them checking, you can cope with several key transferable skills, like time management, deadlines, receiving feedback, attendance etc! And that you can commit to something long term

Reactions: 2
It’s just another sign/way of them checking, you can cope with several key transferable skills, like time management, deadlines, receiving feedback, attendance etc! And that you can commit to something long term
I do get it, but it is so unfair, especially now is so expensive

I do get it, but it is so unfair, especially now is so expensive
I’ll be honest I did a 3 year and then another year on top, I owe the government loads because my living loan was much higher as my parents aren’t well off, I’ll never pay it off and it doesn’t really affect anything I do like mortgage etc, it’ll get wiped before I’ve even paid it off 😂 it’s just like another tax but at a much lower rate! No one is put off by the cost of the uni fees, it’s the living costs that are the problem! First year accommodation run by unis is super expensive somewhere in the region of £6k for what most students get!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.