Unjaded Jade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What uni is rg? I honestly think part of her decision making was based on what’d be best for her channel tbh
RG is Russell Group universities. I go to one myself and what I think the big deal is the large research output of the universities and that means more known internationally. I guess it's comparable to the Ivies in the US in that entry requirements can be higher, but not necessarily. So this includes Oxbridge, Edinburgh, Manchester, Newcastle, Imperial etc etc. And of course, where she had the offer to study Biology - Bristol.

I think it would be a shame to have such a short sighted view of your career. But it wouldn't surprise me if that's why she actually chose Minerva.

Reactions: 3
RG is Russell Group universities. I go to one myself and what I think the big deal is the large research output of the universities and that means more known internationally. I guess it's comparable to the Ivies in the US in that entry requirements can be higher, but not necessarily. So this includes Oxbridge, Edinburgh, Manchester, Newcastle, Imperial etc etc. And of course, where she had the offer to study Biology - Bristol.

I think it would be a shame to have such a short sighted view of your career. But it wouldn't surprise me if that's why she actually chose Minerva.
I’m actually british so I don’t know why I didn’t realise that’s what you were referring to 😂😂😂 my brain has clearly gone into mush during lockdown 😂😂, but thanks for replying! I really wonder what her parents think of it

Reactions: 1
I’m actually british so I don’t know why I didn’t realise that’s what you were referring to 😂😂😂 my brain has clearly gone into mush during lockdown 😂😂, but thanks for replying! I really wonder what her parents think of it
Don't worry! We're all the same I'm sure.

Are her parents academic? If not, maybe they don't realise what a mistake she's made. Who knows, she could surprise us all and become the CEO of Google one day, but I'm getting the feeling that probably won't happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Don't worry! We're all the same I'm sure.

Are her parents academic? If not, maybe they don't realise what a mistake she's made. Who knows, she could surprise us all and become the CEO of Google one day, but I'm getting the feeling that probably won't happen.
I vaguely remember her dad is part of some dodgy sounding mom scheme, no idea if they’ve gone to uni but tbh they both “seem” like the kind of people that would have imo, if that makes sense ?

I vaguely remember her dad is part of some dodgy sounding mom scheme, no idea if they’ve gone to uni but tbh they both “seem” like the kind of people that would have imo, if that makes sense ?
I’m pretty sure her mom didn’t go to uni

It’s juice plus he’s high up in which tells you all you need to know about her hypocritical family life and output

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I hope this thread picks up GG is too laggy.

Personally I’ve got mixed feelings on jade, when she isn’t flapping around being ChaOTicc and making everything deeper than it is. I think she spoke well about the George Floyd situation but shes usually too much for me. Her dad is totally slimy imo and can see him loving Minerva and fully supporting it because it’s so “new and different”

I actually don’t mind Jade at all, I mean I’m not into her dad’s company and I’m not sure about her uni, but compared to the likes of Emily Canham and Anastasia at least she has a personality and her own thoughts rather than just taking her clothes off all the time.

I actually don’t mind Jade at all, I mean I’m not into her dad’s company and I’m not sure about her uni, but compared to the likes of Emily Canham and Anastasia at least she has a personality and her own thoughts rather than just taking her clothes off all the time.
Her personality and thoughts are borderline offensive though, in the same way that other characteristics can be. For example, her obsession with "foreign" and "international" people. It verges on fetishisation.

Reactions: 13
Not that it matters of course, but I do think it explains why there hasn't been open criticism of her institution choice from them.
I think her Mum went to uni in Belgium. When she was doing her uni application she kept making reference to the fact her parents had no UCAS experience.. so I think her mum did go just not in the UK

Oh my god how embarrassing for her that daddy is high up in Juice plus - such a totally immoral company!! No wonder she never mentions it!

Reactions: 5
Her personality and thoughts are borderline offensive though, in the same way that other characteristics can be. For example, her obsession with "foreign" and "international" people. It verges on fetishisation.

I found this too. Everything about Minerva was about how “international” it was. In one of her videos she even said it wasn’t full of rich people because people from Africa went there?? She later half backtracked on that statement but the fact she left it in and had it in one of her videos seemed quite telling to me.

ETA- it’s in this video 10ish minutes in. She says it was a dumb comment and is sorry if people took it wrong 🙄🙄

Last edited:
I found this too. Everything about Minerva was about how “international” it was. In one of her videos she even said it wasn’t full of rich people because people from Africa went there?? She later half backtracked on that statement but the fact she left it in and had it in one of her videos seemed quite telling to me.

ETA- it’s in this video 10ish minutes in. She says it was a dumb comment and is sorry if people took it wrong 🙄🙄

I can't even watch that video - the thumbnail is already too annoying. I can just hear her cloying voice rabbiting on about how AMAZING IT IS GUYSSSSSS.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.