Unjaded Jade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope she has made the right choice with Minerva - if it goes well then it does sound like an amazing life experience BUT my question is really how does it look on her CV in 3 to 4 years time when she is applying for jobs against Oxbridge & red brick graduates? It does seem a very short-sighted move. But I do get the feeling she doesn't have to worry about the money like the average student.

Reactions: 3
Who'd have thought 2 years ago that Ruby would become the most together and normal one of the studytubers? Jade's gone rough and Eve's becoming a massive snob, meanwhile Ruby's buying a house and moving in with her mates.

Reactions: 7
Who'd have thought 2 years ago that Ruby would become the most together and normal one of the studytubers? Jade's gone rough and Eve's becoming a massive snob, meanwhile Ruby's buying a house and moving in with her mates.
Ngl I think Eve’s been a snob for awhile but she was able to mask it a bit better maybe because she was friends with a few different people

Reactions: 6
According to her insta, she seems to be having a lot of trouble juggling school work and having a social life. Welcome to the real world! Gap years are great but it can be hard to get back into a strict routine.

Reactions: 2
looks like people are complaining about the hoodies as well, this is just like the whole GraceFit saga... honestly so many influencers treat their fans so badly

Reactions: 1
looks like people are complaining about the hoodies as well, this is just like the whole GraceFit saga... honestly so many influencers treat their fans so badly
How do you know they‘re complaining?

How do you know they‘re complaining?
i saw a few complains on her instagram that something hadn't been delivered and if they weren't delievered could someone at least be in touch, refund money etc etc

I am currently watching her vlog about packing.. I don't understand how she hasn't done this all already if she was expecting to have left 2 weeks ago?

I am currently watching her vlog about packing.. I don't understand how she hasn't done this all already if she was expecting to have left 2 weeks ago?
Me neither.
I couldn’t even watch more than the first 2 minutes because it annoyed me so much? Why was she so unprepared for something so important and f’ing expensive?

Me neither.
I couldn’t even watch more than the first 2 minutes because it annoyed me so much? Why was she so unprepared for something so important and f’ing expensive?
She used to make out that she was an organised queen and now she’s saying she’s disorganised....

It's really strange. Maybe she's one of those people who doesn't have a lot of intrinsic motivation and needs outside forces to make them actually knuckle down and do things? I am the same way and do a lot better when I've got the structure of a boss, a deadline etc to make me Do The Thing.

I genuinely think she has some weird superiority complex. It seems every life event that happens she makes it into something she can post an inspirational story or caption about to "help" her followers, like she has this wisdom that no one else has. She went to a funeral, and used it to write a huge caption saying "life can be hard... life is an amazing opportunity... please prioritise kindness guys". I don't disagree with what she says, but does she think that if we didn't see her instagram captions we'd all be unkind depressed people? It's got a very preachy and "I'm more experienced than all of you" tone. It's really condescending that she's constantly putting out this kind of life lesson stuff.

Reactions: 12
I genuinely think she has some weird superiority complex. It seems every life event that happens she makes it into something she can post an inspirational story or caption about to "help" her followers, like she has this wisdom that no one else has. She went to a funeral, and used it to write a huge caption saying "life can be hard... life is an amazing opportunity... please prioritise kindness guys". I don't disagree with what she says, but does she think that if we didn't see her instagram captions we'd all be unkind depressed people? It's got a very preachy and "I'm more experienced than all of you" tone. It's really condescending that she's constantly putting out this kind of life lesson stuff.
I liked her two years ago when she was becoming popular because she was relatable, her revision videos were genuinely helpful even though I am years older than her. However I think the attention has got to her. She's had thousands of peopel say how amazing and helpful she has been to them that she's sort of promoted herself as a helpful guru...but I can see the pressure cracks forming, i think she's made a mistake to go Minerva and I think she's really unsure and uncomfortable.

I think she just dramatises everything, like when she went to france for a few weeksfor that course and she acted like she was leaving for 6months in the middle if nowhere...

I liked her two years ago when she was becoming popular because she was relatable, her revision videos were genuinely helpful even though I am years older than her. However I think the attention has got to her. She's had thousands of peopel say how amazing and helpful she has been to them that she's sort of promoted herself as a helpful guru...but I can see the pressure cracks forming, i think she's made a mistake to go Minerva and I think she's really unsure and uncomfortable.
I agree, she's just not relatable anymore. She acts like the only thing stopping us all living a life like hers is our 'negative mindset' and we need to 'just say yes' to new opportunities and not be scared. The reality is very few people have the money she does. Going interrailing, to France, to Uganda and Australia for an extended length of time, to Japan, all in one year is just financially achievable to her audience, yet she acts like its our fault for not having the right mental attitude.

Reactions: 10
She possesses limited life experience, limited academic knowledge given she hasn't even completed uni, zero proper work experience and has always been spoon fed things throughout school. It is a surprise she's lost and slowly falling apart?

Reactions: 5
She used to make out that she was an organised queen and now she’s saying she’s disorganised....
I honestly think it's influenced by Eve Cornwell who she is friends with now. Later in the days people like Ruby Granger and Jade were the popular girls on youtube studytubewith all their discipline, orgnisation and inspirational speaches. And now - at least that's what I'm watching and what I observe - people like Eve Cornwell are more popular in a work-hard-play-hard-sense. Girls with big ambitions and a workaholic mindset but also SO on trend with the vsco girl thing, pop culture, coffee adiction, a little bit of Emma Chamberlain self irony, being quirky, more fun (as it seems) and a private life behind it. you can also see it in Jades editing now

Reactions: 4
I honestly think it's influenced by Eve Cornwell who she is friends with now. Later in the days people like Ruby Granger and Jade were the popular girls on youtube studytubewith all their discipline, orgnisation and inspirational speaches. And now - at least that's what I'm watching and what I observe - people like Eve Cornwell are more popular in a work-hard-play-hard-sense. Girls with big ambitions and a workaholic mindset but also SO on trend with the vsco girl thing, pop culture, coffee adiction, a little bit of Emma Chamberlain self irony, being quirky, more fun (as it seems) and a private life behind it. you can also see it in Jades editing now
Soo many of them have copied Eve! Even Jack Edwards’ intro is such an obvious mirroring of Eve’s editing style 🙄

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.