Unjaded Jade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Literally every student has to do summer work too! Most of us have to balance university with real jobs to be able to afford university.
she probably won't even get a job that uses whatever her degree is, she will prob just end up advertising minerva

Reactions: 6
she probably won't even get a job that uses whatever her degree is, she will prob just end up advertising minerva
She mentioned doing business courses in her new video, so I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up in her dad's MLM.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Learn by rote? How insulting. I suppose all those hours I did for my degree reading different scholars and arguments and hours of research and trawling through archives to come to my own argument was a waste of time then, considering we peasants at traditional universities ‘learn by rote’.

Little Miss MLM needs to get her head of her arse. She can spout all this ‘I’m so special and unique’ crap but I’m sure in her mind she will always think of herself as the girl who didn’t get into Oxford. Get the duck over it Jade.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Jade and her excuses to not paying people compliments down to jealously 🙄🙄 come on.... if I have a friend and want to be nice to them... then obviously I will??!!!?!!?? Honestly her thought processes amaze me sometimes.

she tries to make every little thing some deep and meaningful life lesson. Just calm it.

Reactions: 11
her last insta post about friendships was just odd. I can’t with this chick she sounds like a preacher in her captions or something, and us mere mortals must accept the wisdom she bestows down on us. Also the whole friendship insecurity thing seemed very very strange to me, maybe because I’m not someone who holds back on that kind of thing but to me it made jade come off looking like a jealous friend

And it's a post all about friendship with a photo of herself alone. Kind of defeats the point of talking all about what a good friend you are if you post a picture alone imo.

Reactions: 7
her last insta post about friendships was just odd. I can’t with this chick she sounds like a preacher in her captions or something, and us mere mortals must accept the wisdom she bestows down on us. Also the whole friendship insecurity thing seemed very very strange to me, maybe because I’m not someone who holds back on that kind of thing but to me it made jade come off looking like a jealous friend
I think this is the influence of her mlm dad... they often preach in an almost weird religious style way, I dunno if anyone agrees? But it is a similar approach to a cult imo

View attachment 198794 for context this is the caption
This is so bizarre... who is jealous of their friends? If they are real friends automatically you do this surely?

This is so bizarre... who is jealous of their friends? If they are real friends automatically you do this surely?
Exactly! And if you feel like your compliments aren’t genuine, or they aren’t taken as being genuine, then that’s the friends issue! The fact Jade says something like that is just so out of the blue.... like.... why would anyone’s who’s a true friend be jealous?? I’m happy for my friends, because they’re my.. erm... friends??!? If you’re jealous, (speaking with brutal honesty here), then YOU’RE not a true friend.

Exactly! And if you feel like your compliments aren’t genuine, or they aren’t taken as being genuine, then that’s the friends issue! The fact Jade says something like that is just so out of the blue.... like.... why would anyone’s who’s a true friend be jealous?? I’m happy for my friends, because they’re my.. erm... friends??!? If you’re jealous, (speaking with brutal honesty here), then YOU’RE not a true friend.
It really sounds like a pass at comment aimed at her friends / a friend

But, while I'm on the subject of cringey attempts to be relatable, I genuinely don't understand why her fans are so obsessed with Folkert, I find him so annoying, and the relationship between them just feels... weird. Like either it's really forced for the camera or it's actually a wee bit creepy... could be reading too much into it though.
YES! If I didn't know otherwise, I would have thought they were a couple.

Reactions: 9
YES! If I didn't know otherwise, I would have thought they were a couple.
I agree, I think what weirded me out most was in the Thailand vlogs when she mentioned they share a bed in this villa. I don't necessarily think sharing a bed is that odd, I've shared with my friends, but two siblings, both well into their teenage years, of different genders, seeming so happy to share a bed just feels... incesty? And the whole "my little Folkert" thing, it just feels odd, and that's laying aside how cringey Folkert is in his own right.

• Haha
I get bi vibes off Jade, but see Ruby as very asexual. I think that Ruby almost idolises Jade, and is jealous of both her academic success (it seems to come easier to her) and how secure she is in who she is as a person.
It’s weird, I probably would have said this a year or two ago, but out of the study lot I feel Ruby has developed the most, become a more rounded person of them all and is becoming comfortable in herself.

She was able to accept a mistake and change courses, instead of just sticking it out for the sake of pride. She’s deleted a lot of her old 16 hour/Xmas day study with me’s because she recognised they weren’t healthy. Seems to have a group of friends she seems regularly and has matured enough to understand watching a bit of TV won’t set her back and not every waking minute needs to be productive.

Sounds like a rave post, but I just find it funny that the Oxford reject who swapped courses and studied for 16 hours a day now seems the most normal. Whilst Jade is obsessed with being different and positive affirmations, Holly has no friends and revolves her life around productivity and smug Eve that loves being the best and thinks Oxford student is a personality trait.

Reactions: 26
It’s weird, I probably would have said this a year or two ago, but out of the study lot I feel Ruby has developed the most, become a more rounded person of them all and is becoming comfortable in herself.

She was able to accept a mistake and change courses, instead of just sticking it out for the sake of pride. She’s deleted a lot of her old 16 hour/Xmas day study with me’s because she recognised they weren’t healthy. Seems to have a group of friends she seems regularly and has matured enough to understand watching a bit of TV won’t set her back and not every waking minute needs to be productive.

Sounds like a rave post, but I just find it funny that the Oxford reject who swapped courses and studied for 16 hours a day now seems the most normal. Whilst Jade is obsessed with being different and positive affirmations, Holly has no friends and revolves her life around productivity and smug Eve that loves being the best and thinks Oxford student is a personality trait.
You’ve hit the nail on the head with this one imo! I’ve said this on a thread regarding Ruby before, but she seems to actually accept her faults and really work on herself. She’s not afraid of therapy like Holly Gabrielle, and unlike Jade, she’s the least preachy person on the study tube platform.

i just think with Jade everything is just so not genuine. She always seems to be proving herself to someone through the camera. It’s like she’s almost putting on this front to make sure people still like her for her old style, even though that’s not what suits her anymore.

Reactions: 13
I agree, I think what weirded me out most was in the Thailand vlogs when she mentioned they share a bed in this villa. I don't necessarily think sharing a bed is that odd, I've shared with my friends, but two siblings, both well into their teenage years, of different genders, seeming so happy to share a bed just feels... incesty? And the whole "my little Folkert" thing, it just feels odd, and that's laying aside how cringey Folkert is in his own right.
As much as this forum has valid criticism accusing her of incest is just one hell of a reach. Some siblings have closer relationships than others.

Reactions: 17
As much as this forum has valid criticism accusing her of incest is just one hell of a reach. Some siblings have closer relationships than others.
Oh absolutely, sorry that was a poor choice of words on my part. The relationship feels weird, even compared to some of the close siblings I know, that was what I was trying to get across.

From my point view, I see Folkert idolising Jade as if she is a motherly figure rather than a sister.

I think her and folkert have always just been really close. I can’t stand the way she’s always fawning over him though, my younger brother and I have about the same age gap as them and if I spoke to him the way she does to folkert he would be creeped out / irritated with me.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.