Unjaded Jade #5 Ask her about Switzerland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's actually sort of weird to me that they always pride themselves on being from different countries and interacting with people from places like Ukraine. I'm going to assume that most countries probably don't have immigration to the level that the UK does, so maybe it's a bit rarer to come across people who speak a different language (or a few) or aren't from the country you're in.

But in Jade's case, and I think a lot of privileged people's cases, they live such sheltered or otherwise privileged lives that multiculturalism isn't a thing for them. Obviously, not every city in the UK ever has as much culture in one place but Jade apparently doesn't live that far from London which has what seems like a very big immigrant population (as well as tourism), so you're not going to be just hearing English as you walk around.

Idk, it's generally just so wild to me that she finds people of different cultures to be some sort of special or whatever, when in reality UK is very very diverse.
They fetish over cultures and a lot of it boarders on appropriation which is not acceptable, it’s actually disgusting to watch, part of diversity is that it’s the norm, now I’ve from a very diverse area in the UK but some of my uni friends lived in towns which were solely white but when they met others were like omg so cool your families from x and kept banging on about it

That boys highlights are so weird, keeps saying it’s deffo not a cult, nah hun it is, or a sect at least. My students have analyses groups like this and it’s scary, I haven’t ever seen another institution teaching you how to think, at most unis you’re given a wide variety of options of materials to show you what’s out there but you as individual are the one who gets to be critical of whatever not them pushing you into a way of thinking. Honestly how Minerva will have any kind of long legacy I don’t know but it needs investigating, they’re brain washing kids (as shown by their cohorts) and not fulfilling a duty of care! Honestly how Jade thought this would be a “good uni” hun, this is not on the same level of unis as any in the UK, if her and I went for a job interview they’d know about the uni I went too (it’s we’ll known but not a RG or anything) where as hers they’re gonna have to google and based on what’s been said about their website on here it’s not a good look. What a huge waste of money 😂😂

Reactions: 24
Not to defend her in any way but I did have a friend in school who got an E in one of his GCSE exams and he asked for a remark and it went to a B because 4 pages of the exam didn’t get marked 😳

Reactions: 14
Okay thoughts on Chretien's ig story highlight: He mentions that "it's totally not a cult" twice, his captions sound exactly like jade, the moon cakes thing seemed super rude and they seem to do EVERYTHING with their whole cohort, like it's hardly ever a friend group of like 4-6 people, it's always all of them?

Plus his current stories also seem super weird with the "Itaewon looks just like in kdramas". And like why are they going out to eat in such a large group? I get that they're going to be living together (?) and it's probably allowed, but that doesn't mean they should be going out to get street food and to restaurants?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
i cant actually imagine going to minerva... and genuinely thinking its worth it!????????
i study at cambridge, and semi regularly wonder whether its worth the money
let alone minerva? which is four times the price, and super shady???

Reactions: 21
I’m happy I could give some more insite into what’s she’s like. Apologies that I got the stuff wrong with her ex it was Chretien. Like I said I don’t keep up with her enough to really know what’s happening anymore.

one other thing I thought about which I don’t know if she’s shared on YouTube but she got either a D or C (I can’t fully remember but it was one of those) overall for her drama GCSE. She sent it off to be remarked and it came back as a A/A* which everyone found really weird. Going up one grade is normal but not that much. A lot of people think that her family payed people off or something along those lines. I don’t think that she was that good at the practical part and she messed up the written exam.

I also have some tea on her vegan stuff but I don’t know if she‘s still vegan or if anyone will care. Sorry if I’m filling up this thread too much.
Yeah I do appreciate the insight but I do want to correct you on the remark thing, because dramatic remarks like that happen every year and although they're not common it isn't unheard of at all. Tens of thousands of GCSE grades get changed each year, so obviously a non-insignificant number of those will be quite steep grade increases. And it's impossible for anyone to 'pay off' a GCSE exam board haha - I mean, you do have to pay something like £30 to request a remark, but that's a fee everyone has to pay, so maybe that's how the rumour started. But the remark process is so standardised; they'd need to pay off OCR/AQA/Edexcel themselves, which is just not in the realm of possibility. If it was that easy to get marks changed you'd have families much richer than Jade getting their darlings' grades upgraded all the time.

Reactions: 14
She made a video about the D in GCSE drama by the way, vaguely remembered it from years ago, just found it again

Reactions: 5
but some of my uni friends lived in towns which were solely white but when they met others were like omg so cool your families from x and kept banging on about it
Okay that's lowkey me, I grew up in a VERY white, very tiny village in Germany and I did/do(?) get really excited when I meet people from other countries. Where I grew up, nobody ever really left and I was the girl who liked learning languages and reading foreign books and watching foreign films (with subtitles, gasp), so when I did meet someone from somewhere else, it was very unusual and I had to remind myself to be more chill. I don't think that's a flaw in itself, I think that's just where you happened to be born/go to school. It really depends on how/if you grow as a person as you meet more people and have new experiences (possibly abroad). I like to think I've gotten a hang of it, I'm still interested but it's whatever, whereas Minerva students just seem like over-excited puppies who have to tell everyone how woke and diverse they are because they have x amount of black friends and y amount of Brazilian friends, whereas that isn't something i'd ever mention to my friend except if it was relevant to the conversation.

• Heart
i cant actually imagine going to minerva... and genuinely thinking its worth it!????????
i study at cambridge, and semi regularly wonder whether its worth the money
let alone minerva? which is four times the price, and super shady???
I feel like stuff being online in general has made me question the price of uni. I'm not one of those people calling for tuition fees to be lowered because I'm getting everything I'd get in a normal year, but the social aspect (which isn't a paid part of uni anyway) and it's online - and most of my online stuff is a fair quality, and even when it's not the lecturer is someone I wouldn't learn from anyway because of the teaching style. Uni, at least to me, is now self-teaching for the most part and I could probably do it without paying 9 grand a year.

The idea of going to a fully online uni like Minerva is just so not it. I'd be questioning the price of it constantly, and by the looks of it they get even less professor or tutor support than most uni students would.

As for the legacy of it, I can only really see it taking off in America because the tuition fees are lower than the normal ones. And then obviously the rich groups, but I feel like everywhere the rich groups of people will be more likely to pick something that has a good reputation

Reactions: 12
I find it hilarious whenever she comments on diversity in Minerva. She said only 40 countries if memory serves (??) are represented in her cohort. Some universities in the UK are way more international than that. Some of the London ones have people from almost every single country in the world. I just find it so weird that she talks about diversity like it's a Minerva-specific thing

Reactions: 32
I find it hilarious whenever she comments on diversity in Minerva. She said only 40 countries if memory serves (??) are represented in her cohort. Some universities in the UK are way more international than that. Some of the London ones have people from almost every single country in the world. I just find it so weird that she talks about diversity like it's a Minerva-specific thing
Yup, at my uni we total 125 different nationalities (according to the website) so it makes me laugh that Minerva thinks they are diverse

Reactions: 16
The thing that always makes me laugh is that Oxford is really diverse (in terms of nationalities anyway!) so when she tries to use it to make out she's over Oxford its like, oh, hunny no 🤣🤣🤣

From Oxfords website,
"Oxford is one of the most international universities in the world. Today, one third of its students, including 21% of undergraduates, are international citizens, and come from over 150 countries."

• Haha
  • Heart
just seen Chretien's insta and gosh jade has some questionable taste in boys lmaooo
what is his insta? doesn't surprise me at all, she is totally the kind of person who would overlook any negatives and view a relationship as perfect

Reactions: 1
@emm its chrecci xx

I went in his tagged photos and he was literally hidden in plain sight all along, jade has loads of posts tagging him and wrote that half of the pics from SF he took of her :oops:

Reactions: 15
Nikolai isn't that hot either (to me he's
@emm its chrecci xx

I went in his tagged photos and he was literally hidden in plain sight all along, jade has loads of posts tagging him and wrote that half of the pics from SF he took of her :oops:
Most of his tagged photos are Jade's lol. He's not even visible there. So emmbarassing.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
This also explains why, in one of her videos talking about Minerva when she's asked about romances between students and she just says "there has been tea" and leaves it at that (I honestly can't remember which video even after scrolling through her channel, please help if you know the one lmao)

Reactions: 6
omg i know someone who went to high school with this chretien guy 🥴😂 or at least they follow him on ig...small world y'all

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
The thing that always makes me laugh is that Oxford is really diverse (in terms of nationalities anyway!) so when she tries to use it to make out she's over Oxford its like, oh, hunny no 🤣🤣🤣

From Oxfords website,
"Oxford is one of the most international universities in the world. Today, one third of its students, including 21% of undergraduates, are international citizens, and come from over 150 countries."
Can confirm, I’m at Oxford and British students are the minority on my course. It’s mostly Germans and Americans but we have people from all over.

Reactions: 6
Can confirm, I’m at Oxford and British students are the minority on my course. It’s mostly Germans and Americans but we have people from all over.
yeah even any London uni is pretty much half foreign students (albeit may change with brexit i guess). She is desperately trying to cling on to anything that makes Minerva good. I am excited for when her brother goes to uni and she sees how totally unexceptional Minerva is

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.