Unjaded Jade #13 The girl who cried oppression

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is so out of touch with the real world it disgusts me. It's the hardest thing YOU will ever do, Jade.
Interesting that she thinks accessibility is only about financial aspect...

I mean never mind any possible responsibilities you can not discard completely for days. (Elderly parents to look after, young kids to take care of, jobs that require you to be accesible even on your off days, pets you are responsible of, medical conditions, disabilities and who knows what else...)

Reactions: 18

I mean never mind any possible responsibilities you can not discard completely for days. (Elderly parents to look after, young kids to take care of, jobs that require you to be accesible even on your off days, pets you are responsible of, medical conditions, disabilities and who knows what else...)
Sorry to play devil's advocate but I find it a bit tiresome when someone recommends something and people get mad because it's inaccessible to them for XYZ reason. like it's not jade's fault you have a pet or a medical condition etc, what do you want her to do 😭 if you know you couldn't do it for whatever reason just ignore the post, do you really need her to acknowledge it?

Reactions: 15
She is so out of touch with the real world it disgusts me. It's the hardest thing YOU will ever do, Jade.
Goes on meditation retreat. Immediately posts sexy selfie (with "scraggly" bed hair) and talks about how much she loves herself. Makes nonsense airhead statement showing total lack of awareness.

Ah Jade, always bringing the quality content.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sorry to play devil's advocate but I find it a bit tiresome when someone recommends something and people get mad because it's inaccessible to them for XYZ reason. like it's not jade's fault you have a pet or a medical condition etc, what do you want her to do 😭 if you know you couldn't do it for whatever reason just ignore the post, do you really need her to acknowledge it?
Yeh true. What annoyed me was the " ur is the hardest thing you will ever do" she's so out of touch it's unreal

Reactions: 12
Aaahhh Jade. She does it again. Tries to sound wise, enlightened, and intelligent, but again shows just how sheltered and idiotic she is.

I am cringing so hard that she said "LITERALLY the hardest thing you will ever do". Does she really not hear herself? She sounds so arrogant. Plus, use the definition of 'literally' correctly, Jade.

If Jade was a parody account of the basic, rich, white girl who thinks she is spiritual, it would be comedy genius.

Reactions: 16
My complaining was not about her recommending viphasana. It was about how she claims "its sooo accessible".

Reactions: 14
Aaahhh Jade. She does it again. Tries to sound wise, enlightened, and intelligent, but again shows just how sheltered and idiotic she is.

I am cringing so hard that she said "LITERALLY the hardest thing you will ever do". Does she really not hear herself? She sounds so arrogant. Plus, use the definition of 'literally' correctly, Jade.

If Jade was a parody account of the basic, rich, white girl who thinks she is spiritual, it would be comedy genius.
Maybe it is and she is trolling us all. The whole minerva thing was just a joke and her cohort were all just paid actors 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Imo Jade makes it sound like it’s easy to drop everything to go on a retreat. She doesn’t live in the real world so wouldn’t acknowledge factors preventing someone from doing things like going on a retreat

Reactions: 14
I agree with you but I don't think recommending something is the same as claiming something is sooooo accessible and literally the hardest thing you will EVER do. I don't think people should have to qualify everything they ever say with an acknowledgement of their privilege or whatever but it is grating when someone with no responsibilities or financial constraints acts like they've done theeeee hardest thing in the world... and it's a yoga course.

Reactions: 10
Plus, use the definition of 'literally' correctly, Jade.
I'm sorry but it always annoys me so much when people complain about this. Definitions, connotations, usages of words change and expand to include multiple definitions, especially in colloquial language. People have been using "literally" for emphasis for ages now, and it's probably used just as much as the literal (ha!) meaning. Both definitions (original meaning and emphatic usage) are correct (albeit used in different contexts and registers) and I'm tired of (I'm sorry) pedantic people criticizing mostly younger women based only on some outdated ideal of how they think they should speak.

(btw we need a new thread! could someone make one? do we have a thread title??)

Reactions: 6

To be fair, there is some very interesting literature about people with disabilities and medical conditions going on (sometimes quite demanding) yoga courses. I have no doubt Jade is totally unaware of this, but it does exist!
Nothing is accessible for literally everyone but she gets a few, a paltry few, points for at least considering the financial side. 😂

Reactions: 2
Let’s be honest, Jade is exactly the sort of person who would say “have you tried yoga” or “have you tried meditation” to a disabled person. She’s tone deaf and always will be.

Reactions: 22
Let’s be honest, Jade is exactly the sort of person who would say “have you tried yoga” or “have you tried meditation” to a disabled person. She’s tone deaf and always will be.
I can imagine her saying something like that for someone with severe clinical depression tbh

Reactions: 12
I can imagine her saying something like that for someone with severe clinical depression tbh
Plus suggesting some Juice Plus from her Dad and maybe some of her Mum's dance workouts. Oh and heck, maybe Folk's toothpicks will help as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Plus suggesting some Juice Plus from her Dad and maybe some of her Mum's dance workouts. Oh and heck, maybe Folk's toothpicks will help as well.
What a family 🤣 god those toothpicks. Of all the madness I have seen from influencers with businesses that is surely the most insane

• Haha
Reactions: 10
To be fair, there is some very interesting literature about people with disabilities and medical conditions going on (sometimes quite demanding) yoga courses
Vipassana retreats tend to last multiple days. You are not allowed to speak during or after meditations. Also ive been told that you musnt make eye contact with others. If someone requires assistance due to their medical conditions i dont know how they handle it in the case of vipassana (what jade is mentioning)

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I had no idea about Folkert’s toothpicks. Just looked it up, and I’m sure I felt a few of my brain cells disintegrate lmao. I hoped he would have more sense than his sister! Some kids shouldn’t be allowed access to their wealthy parents’ fortune to aid their start in adult life… Folkert is one of them 🥴.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Vipassana retreats tend to last multiple days. You are not allowed to speak during or after meditations. Also ive been told that you musnt make eye contact with others. If someone requires assistance due to their medical conditions i dont know how they handle it in the case of vipassana (what jade is mentioning)
I know. I’m not saying this is something I would recommend! And personally I couldn’t do it, but I have found other accounts fascinating, especially for chronic pain. Not trying to endorse it, though, I have 0 personal experience.

Reactions: 1
Unjaded Jade #14 Scam uni reflection, lacking direction, still hurt about her Oxford rejection

• Haha
Reactions: 27
God her latest video of her just moping around is just so tasteless, how did she not consider at all what she was going to do after leaving uni? I don't know anyone who finished uni without a very clear plan

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.