Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
her talking about the environment is a joke, she doesn't have to travel for a uni that has only remote classes, she chose to, not to mention the fact she even just chose a uni that requires loads of travel, why didn't she just choose one in the UK from which she could travel around easily without using planes? I would love someone to do a study on someone like her to see how much being vegan offsets/doesn't the rest of her carbon usage, i.e. whether she uses more carbon or less than someone who eats meat but doesn't fly so much
There is already evidence that flying completely offsets anything you achieve by being vegan. Driving a car and flying are absolutely terrible for the planet.

Reactions: 10
There is already evidence that flying completely offsets anything you achieve by being vegan. Driving a car and flying are absolutely terrible for the planet.
especially when you consider the carbon/water footprint of some of the thigns she eats
This just came up as suggested to me she is drinking essential oils!!! HOW in gods name can she be so stupid

Reactions: 6
especially when you consider the carbon/water footprint of some of the thigns she eats
This just came up as suggested to me she is drinking essential oils!!! HOW in gods name can she be so stupid
Why would you add lemon essential oils when you could just...add a lemon?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
All the things she eats are quite expensive and take time to prepare. Isn’t a packet of crisps vegan? Does she need to be so extra and have kale chips with avocado smeared on them? A normal working person or student doesn’t have the time to make their own snacks and money to buy enough avocados to last an entire week. I’m all for doing your bit for the planet and my family does try and be wary of where our food comes from. However this sort of lifestyle is only really accessible to the privileged. She really should’ve gone to Bristol where she could’ve mixed with other people and learnt that not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

Reactions: 17
Why would you add lemon essential oils when you could just...add a lemon?
How else are you going to promote someone’s MLM ventures?

Her mum seems like the type who would be into selling essential oils tbh, but I don’t think she actually does?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
How else are you going to promote someone’s MLM ventures?

Her mum seems like the type who would be into selling essential oils tbh, but I don’t think she actually does?
no her mum is busy with that bizarre fitness MLM it seems, I could imagine jade launching some kind of oil MLM

• Haha
She's such a liar I cannot deaaaal. She is seriously claiming she couldn't afford the ~£150 Eurostar tickets to France? When she regularly spends more than that on a single item of clothing, pays tens of thousands upfront to her university each year, and is currently seeking an apartment in the most expensive district in Berlin? No wonder she deleted it, pretty outrageous of her to pull the money card when she's clearly raking it in from multiple avenues. She just released a book for crying out loud.
Honestly, it sounds like she just doesn't understand what not being able to afford something means. She and her rich family/friends probably say it when they need to choose between 2 things that cost differently (like she said about the eurostar). Whereas the real meaning is you literally don't have the money to spend on something.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Honestly, it sounds like she just doesn't understand what not being able to afford something means. She and her rich family/friends probably say it when they need to choose between 2 things that cost differently (like she said about the eurostar). Whereas the real meaning is you literally don't have the money to spend on something.
Exactly, if she really wanted not to fly but "couldn't afford it" surely she would economise elsewhere, i.e. do a language course for less time, limit your budget more once there etc

Reactions: 5
Is it just me or does she have a far deeper voice and sound insanely posh in that video??? I swear she speaks completely differently there compared to how she speaks now

Reactions: 4
Is it just me or does she have a far deeper voice and sound insanely posh in that video??? I swear she speaks completely differently there compared to how she speaks now
her voice always feminds me of elizabeth holmes, that woman who did that medical scam

• Haha
Reactions: 8
i think that's mainly due to the fact she's doing a voiceover in that video? so probably speaking more "consciously" than in videos now, just talking to the camera directly, if that makes sense

Reactions: 1
All I can say is that she sounds much more bearable

I watched the start of her new video and it's like sure... but I'm not going to see my neighbour and talk to the about something deep, am I?
Jade, if you're not having meaningful conversations with people it probably means you're not that close

All I can say is that she sounds much more bearable

I watched the start of her new video and it's like sure... but I'm not going to see my neighbour and talk to the about something deep, am I?
Jade, if you're not having meaningful conversations with people it probably means you're not that close
I haven;t watched but that sounds ridiculous, she really doesn;r seem to have any self awareness of relating to people, just like her hassling of her teachers when she was at high school. I am civil with my neighbours and do talk to them about chit chat/things pertaining to the building, I would be mortified if they randomly tried to instigate a "deep" conversation, she will end up being the neighbour people look out for and don't leave the flat if they see her near the door :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Spotted today in The Works at a hefty discount... For non-UK peeps, they sell jigsaws, craft supplies, a good range of cookbooks, and a range of books that are generally not very popular. Books are pretty cheap there, like you can get a Hunger Games boxset for £12 or thereabouts, but I've never seen a £10 discount on such a new book before!

ETA: sorry the camera is so blurry, didn't realise  the sticker says RRP £14.99 but is on sale for £4.99
I wasin the works today for some bits and I chortled when I saw this! £4 lolol

• Haha
Spotted today in The Works at a hefty discount... For non-UK peeps, they sell jigsaws, craft supplies, a good range of cookbooks, and a range of books that are generally not very popular. Books are pretty cheap there, like you can get a Hunger Games boxset for £12 or thereabouts, but I've never seen a £10 discount on such a new book before!

ETA: sorry the camera is so blurry, didn't realise  the sticker says RRP £14.99 but is on sale for £4.99
Didn't it JUST come out? That's crazy. You usually find stuff like Hunger Games boxsets there years after they were popular. I bet retailers just put that "book" on the discounted shelf right when they got the stock. Shelf space is valuable, after all. Meanwhile, Jade on her own fantasy planet: mY bOOk is NeXt to MiCheLle oBAma'S!! *wink wink nudge nudge*

WHEN SHE ATE THE RICE WITH A KNIFE AND FORK I DIED INSIDE for my ancestors were rolling in their grave

Last edited:
  • Haha
Didn't it JUST come out? That's crazy. You usually find stuff like Hunger Games boxsets there years after they were popular. I bet retailers just put that "book" on the discounted shelf right when they got the stock. Shelf space is valuable, after all. Meanwhile, Jade on her own fantasy planet: mY bOOk is NeXt to MiCheLle oBAma'S!! *wink wink nudge nudge*
So I looked into this a bit out of pure interest for why they discounted this so much

There's a similar store that apparently buys huge amounts of stock and then sells it off at discounted prices because the publishers want to get rid of it quickly (and people are likely to fall for huge discounts even if they don't want the book), so I wonder if it's the same deal with The Works. Waterstones site suggests they're only buying from the publishers when they get an order for example

Honestly it makes sense, Jade is no Zoella so she's simply not going to be able to sell that many books. She's been hovering around 300 (though I haven't actually been paying that much attention daily, but it was 330-ish a few days after the release) on the Amazon best sellers rank which probably means that she's getting a few sales to maintain the rank or climb a bit but not enough to be climbing and maintaining that rank consistently

Honestly I'd probably buy it for £4 but I've been eyeing a book on advice for my specific uni course, and I imagine that's a lot more helpful than whatever she has to say

• Haha
Reactions: 14
ew not jade 'teaching us' how to have a conversation ??
she really said we should ask a person about how the weather was on their wedding day to have a deep meaningful conversation 😂
(i could not stand to watch the video in one go yesterday so i continued it today)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
So I looked into this a bit out of pure interest for why they discounted this so much

There's a similar store that apparently buys huge amounts of stock and then sells it off at discounted prices because the publishers want to get rid of it quickly (and people are likely to fall for huge discounts even if they don't want the book), so I wonder if it's the same deal with The Works. Waterstones site suggests they're only buying from the publishers when they get an order for example

Honestly it makes sense, Jade is no Zoella so she's simply not going to be able to sell that many books. She's been hovering around 300 (though I haven't actually been paying that much attention daily, but it was 330-ish a few days after the release) on the Amazon best sellers rank which probably means that she's getting a few sales to maintain the rank or climb a bit but not enough to be climbing and maintaining that rank consistently

Honestly I'd probably buy it for £4 but I've been eyeing a book on advice for my specific uni course, and I imagine that's a lot more helpful than whatever she has to say
I’d hazard a guess that there are only about two points in the year when study guides sell - now, and in the run up to the summer exam period. They’re not exactly year-round best-sellers or the kinds of things that get bought for Christmas presents. It makes sense that the publishers would flog something like this off quickly to get the space back, but something tells me that Jade won’t be so keen to take pictures when it’s discounted to £2 in the works and is in the bargain bin next to the biography of a disgraced Love Island star …

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Could I see this? I’ve only seen evidence of the opposite so would be keen to educate myself (also not defending Jade btw)

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.