Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is about study tubers, what would they be doing if they did not have a social media profile? Excelling in school is not a ticket to suddenly having a good job, stable income nor will it guarantee that you will do something you enjoy and live a life you are content with. Good grades help to an extent if you do want to pursue a career that requires specific qualifications or to slightly distinguish you in the labour market and demonstrate knowledge or a skill set. But influencers like Jade I cannot imagine beyond the realm of social media influencer, they offer no alternative route for those who cannot succeed in academia. And it genuinely disgusts me from the snippets of the book I have read, that she infers that academia is a challenge, where if you fail to effectively participate you are undetermined and will remain static in you personal, moral, academic growth. What this book demonstrates is this bizarre moral high ground and self-centrism of people like Jade who feel their only best distinguishing feature is their grades, which in the case of Jade somehow grants her the knowledge and understanding of pedagogy and education, which people spend years on studying and doing research on . Referring to @xaannaa post, the whole industrial revolution segment requires referencing (even if it is just the author I.e John Smith in X describes) unless the writer has conducted their own research or the information is common knowledge. This is blatant plagiarism and it evident that Jade has no respect for academia, education, teaching methods, etc etc unless it is for her own self-anggradisement.

Reactions: 29
“They wrote an article about me” - well no Jade it seems you wrote an article about you?!
"They." Jade's reached a higher plane of narcissism. She now talks about herself in the third, fourth and fifth person all at once.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
'your writing style is amazing!' and some other complaints we have made

I'll take £20 for some of those messages are fake

Reactions: 6
"fun fact i almost went to uni in Bristol after my tragic Oxford rejection" o my gosh can she get over it

• Sick
Reactions: 24
Has anyone actually watched her new videos or have we collectively given up on her?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Her writing is LAUGHABLY atrocious. Or at least, it would be laughable if she weren't charging 8 quid for it ... my 14 year old sister is a better writer than her! It's very clear that she didn't have an editor, because 99% of what I've seen has been complete waffle, going over and over the same tit.

Has anyone actually watched her new videos or have we collectively given up on her?
I see the thumbnails and can't bring myself to click ... she's too irritating to even hate watch at this point lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Her writing is LAUGHABLY atrocious. Or at least, it would be laughable if she weren't charging 8 quid for it ... my 14 year old sister is a better writer than her! It's very clear that she didn't have an editor, because 99% of what I've seen has been complete waffle, going over and over the same tit.
Waterstones seems to be asking for £15 😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I flicked through it but I cba watching her pat herself on the back about the book and talk about a haircut for 20 mins, I’m just waiting for her to go back to minerva at this point haha

• Haha
Reactions: 11
including those deadbeat teachers, who had the sheer audacity to do something as irresponsible and flaky as to...get a new job part-way through the year? How dare those quitters not wait a whole year to change jobs for any number of reasons!
To be fair, it is often seen as HIGHLY unprofessional to leave a job at a school in the middle of the year, you’re subjecting your students to an entirely new teacher who may have different methods which can mess with their results, it IS pretty flakey of them to do that.

Reactions: 6
To be fair, it is often seen as HIGHLY unprofessional to leave a job at a school in the middle of the year, you’re subjecting your students to an entirely new teacher who may have different methods which can mess with their results, it IS pretty flakey of them to do that.
to be fair though at this point when teachers are so pushed it is not unusual, you cannot expect people to basically do way more than their paid hours and not want to move on if rhey have the chance. there is only so much good will you can expect people to have imo

Reactions: 16
Just had a look at the Minerva website and the cognitive dissonance is st…

91A30661-949A-4A4D-99F2-A79A8C3EB5EE.jpeg

no, Minervians - our FUTURE depends on people not constantly jetting around the world! Or are the scenes in Greece not enough to prove that? 😓

• Sick
Reactions: 28
You don’t know people’s reasons for leaving their jobs though and neither does Jade.

High staff turnover usually indicates pressure or bullying from management. Plus teaching is a stressful job with long hours and it’s not the sort of thing that you can continue to do if you’re unwell.

I had several teachers leave but when you looked at the reasons it was because they’d suffered bereavement or one had cancer etc. Sometimes no explanation because students aren’t entitled to know their teacher’s private medical history.

Jade won’t know the very personal reasons why her teachers may have left. She’s just trying to make it sound like she had a rough time at a difficult school. Lies and exaggeration.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Went on Amazon to see the price of her book in my country. And look what I found. Why didn't Amazon add Ruby to the mix too, with her Erimentha Parker or whatever book!
The-Only-Study-Guide-You-ll-Ever-Need-Simple-tips-tricks-and-techniques-to-help-you-ace-your-s...png

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I’m sorry but WHAT is with this facial pose? :unsure::LOL: Reminds me of that vain song “i’m to sexy for this shirt, so sexy that it hurts”...
In love with herself, is Jade!

56B70FDF-E5EF-46F5-B17C-297181ABBD7F.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.