Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm interested to see (or probably not see) how Folk's experience at uni is going to impact Jade

He's going to meet so many people (something like 19% of their students have overseas fee status and that's not counting EU students) from many different backgrounds and I think that may pull him out of his potentially sheltered perspective

Reactions: 23
I just saw her little singing fragment with Ali Abdaal - she sounds every bit as terrible as one would expect
you dont have to be a great singer to have fun singing or even post a harmless little clip of it online. people can just have fun

Reactions: 13
I'm late to the party as usual but one question... i thought this was a study guide?? Why is she writing so many diary-like entries about industrialisation and what not? How do her weird anecdotes help you study better at all... She really does love talking about herself. lol

Reactions: 27
I'm late to the party as usual but one question... i thought this was a study guide?? Why is she writing so many diary-like entries about industrialisation and what not? How do her weird anecdotes help you study better at all... She really does love talking about herself. lol
How could you not know that Jade invented these opinions about industrialisation and the education system. We should consider ourselves blessed to pay £8-£15 just to hear them! Who wouldn’t want to read those ✨ casual magic✨ vibes?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Is there any reason for the price difference between Amazon and Waterstones though?

It just seems very unusual, most other books I’ve looked at had very similar prices

Reactions: 3
Is there any reason for the price difference between Amazon and Waterstones though?

It just seems very unusual, most other books I’ve looked at had very similar prices
amazon is often cheaper as they pay their authors less, lots of writers complain about it

Reactions: 5
Don't Waterstones sell their books at RRP (whereas Amazon sell them much cheaper)? Whenever I've been in Waterstones the price is always on the back of the book, there isn't a sticker like you find in other shops.

Reactions: 4
Here to say my friend found Jade's book on sale from £14 to £4 in the works.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
DDCECA69-686D-489F-BBAF-3717002788CC.png

Looks like £4 is the standard price in the works 🤔 don’t even think I’d pay that tbh

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
My friend just told me that the area she’s looking to live in in berlin (she just posted a story asking if anyone has an apartment (not too expensive)) is known as the cool area but is really expensive and gentrified. Can anyone confirm? Seems a bit hypocritical since she spoke about the problems of gentrification when she was in Berlin but suddenly wants to live in a really gentrified area

• Sad
Reactions: 17
My friend just told me that the area she’s looking to live in in berlin (she just posted a story asking if anyone has an apartment (not too expensive)) is known as the cool area but is really expensive and gentrified. Can anyone confirm? Seems a bit hypocritical since she spoke about the problems of gentrification when she was in Berlin but suddenly wants to live in a really gentrified area
Course she wouldn’t do anything about that though, she can just identify problems but not do anything about it

Reactions: 11
Says "not too expensive pls" but is asking for a 1 bed apartment in Mitte? The most expensive district for rent in Berlin? This girl is so sheltered it's insane.

Also, knowing how common this tactic is among influencers, I wonder if this is a sneaky way of vying for a freebie from an accommodation/travel company. Jack Edwards, Holly Gabrielle and Vee Kativhu have all received free/heavily discounted accommodation through sponsorships so wouldn't be surprised if she is fishing for a sponsorship with that story.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
I mean first of all, Berlin is incredibly expensive no matter what area, lol. But both Mitte and Kreuzberg are known for being very popular and very expensive; they also have the youngest population in Berlin (i.e. you probably live there because you've sold your soul to the devil in order to find an apartment and now you pay an insane amount of rent). That's not the kind of area where you live because your family has been there for decades.

Reactions: 11
I wonder what she's doing in Berlin? Is this for Minerva? Have they suddenly failed to get them accommodation or something?

Also, I feel like money isn't that much of a problem to her:
- Youtube and IG sponsorships
- Youtube videos in general
- the damn book will be making her some sort of income
- the book deal she probably signed, a one time thing I assume but it would be some sort of money
- possibly her MLM thing. I'm unsure if this is still actually going on but I have a suspicion that it may be running in the background?
Edit - so I may have missed it but she does mention on her IG highlights from 12 weeks ago that she was doing another challenge that would last only 2 weeks. It was £2 and she says it was more experimental because she wants to create something a bit more long term but yk... could easily fund yourself based on that alone really
Basically, this move is lowkey a bit crappy, especially if she gets a heavily discounted place

AND finally, her parents are probably loaded and would probably help out if need be but that's a last resort thing

~ ~ ~
Also, I found a review for her MLM thing! I don't think it was posted here so:

Reactions: 12
Pretty sure Kreuzberg (she is looking to move to Kreuzberg/Mitte) is where they had their Minerva accommodation too.
Some people (including myself) sort of commented on that back when she made that chatty Berlin video (sitting on her balcony, can't remember the title, something like Berlin Real Talk?). It's historically a (predominantly Turkish) immigrant area but has been heavily gentrified (cue Jade talking about all the vegan cafés and start ups) and is one of the most expensive areas. She did mention it in that video but seemingly failed to realize that both she as an individual and Minerva as an institution are contributing to that.

I wonder what she's doing in Berlin? Is this for Minerva? Have they suddenly failed to get them accommodation or something?
Yes, she's going back to Berlin next semester. I think Minerva has always given them the option to get their own accommodation, so far she just never did? I feel like someone said something like that on here a while back but I could be wrong. Maybe she has finally realized that their accomodation is a scam (although compared to SF or Seoul, the Berlin accommodation was the only one that seemed okay imo)

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Why is she going back to Berlin? Did she address that?
I thought it was supposed to be London this semester, but maybe she thinks she can already stay in London whenever she wants

Why is she going back to Berlin? Did she address that?
I thought it was supposed to be London this semester, but maybe she thinks she can already stay in London whenever she wants
We've talked about that on here a bunch of times. Basically the semester that she previously spent in Berlin was supposed to be something else (Seoul?) but they couldn't go because of covid, so they were given the choice of Berlin, London or stay at home and do it remotely. Jade chose Berlin. Then this past semester was supposed to be Hyderabad but that got cancelled because of covid, so instead they did Seoul. Next semester is when Berlin is actually supposed to be the rotation city. Something like that.

Reactions: 5
maybe she wants to live alone now because she has said she has been exhausted living with others? or maybe something went down with her rOOmies...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.