Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The presence of a “UK Summer ‘21” highlight implies the future existence of a non “UK” summer ‘21 highlight

Reactions: 9
She doesn't smile, she bares her teeth
Just like her mom lol. For some reason two of them believe that if they bare their teeth to the maximum they will manage to scam more people.

Reactions: 4
I might be late to the party but I watched her learning German video and oh my god. I did german A-Level, moved to Germany, lived with a German family and spoke it 24/7 for a year to get any good. My German is pretty fluent now and my accent gets commented on for being pretty decent but jeessuussss her pronunciation was not great. And to say she learnt it in a month. She spoke the same German I did at 13 after a year of doing it in high school. She also messed up some basic grammar with her use of weil (because), which is such a basic word with a basic word order change. Watching it as someone who spent hours of work and stress learning it was just so cringey and fake.

Reactions: 16
I found the whol “we would be best friends” weird… you have met her so why not become friends?
I'm struggling to imagine a scenario where this person got a word in edgewise.

"Hi Jade, I'm--"
"--Ohmygawwwd, gahhh, meeting fans is such ✨ CASUAL MAGIC✨ Because, like, you worship me like a queen, but if the magical universe arranged things differently, you might have lived next door to me. We could have been true besties."
"We could grab coffee and have a chat if you wa--"
"--And I was just thinking the other day, while I was eating my morning porridge - I was just eating, and appreciating, soaking in the porridge, absorbing the ✨CASUAL MAGIC✨ when I realised: Every person who met me has thought about me everyday since, when I forgot them instantly. But what if I didn't? We could be true besties. It just makes you appreciate how fleeting some moments are, y'know?"
"So...coffee, or?"
"It's just so tragic how we'll never meet again, because we have such a strong connection and so much in common. I feel like we're almost sisters, but also strangers. And if things were different we--"
"--Actually, I just realised I'm late for several meetings, bye."
"Like almost-bestie ships passing in the night... Such caj maj..."

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Lets get back on topic, rather than discussing what comments you find acceptable on tattle. If there's a comment that goes too far report it to let us deal with :)

Everyone has a different line of what is acceptable on a gossip forum. However it gets in a right mess if people start dictating to others their own rules.

Hit report if you think someone has crossed a line and let us deal with it and don't respond to it. If you can't get on with a user click to ignore all of their posts.

Reactions: 4
I agree that commenting on appearances (when it is something someone cannot change isn;t a good idea - it also gives fuel to people who criticise tattle as a bullying site) but jade isn;t unattractive, imo she does weird poses/makes herself look fatter than she is to seem relatable, when really she knows she is attractive. I notice this with a number of other attractive influencers tbh. Hope this makes sense!

Reactions: 15
I agree that commenting on appearances (when it is something someone cannot change isn;t a good idea - it also gives fuel to people who criticise tattle as a bullying site) but jade isn;t unattractive, imo she does weird poses/makes herself look fatter than she is to seem relatable, when really she knows she is attractive. I notice this with a number of other attractive influencers tbh. Hope this makes sense!
Most definitely. I can't stand all those normatively beautiful and most of all THIN influencers claiming all the space online concerning body positivity. I'm not saying that society hasn't put absurd standards on the female body in public spaces that can make you feel ashamed of every tiny inconvenience or unruliness. But all the people that come up when searching for body positivity are those like Jade: white, able bodied, mostly thin women with tiny stomach roles when positioned in the most weird position. And sorry, these are not the bodies that need acceptance. It's the fat, the divergent, the scared. Just use your last two brain cells before claiming spaces.

Edit: For example, I doubt that they ever couldn't shop at all those labels they promote, because the label didn't even mind to provide their size.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Google translate tells me ✨Casual magic✨ is ✨Entspannt Magie✨ in German. Is that right German speakers? I would like to start using it here in the thread:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Google translate tells me ✨Casual magic✨ is ✨Entspannt Magie✨ in German. Is that right German speakers? I would like to start using it here in the thread:LOL:
"Entspannt" is more like relaxed - as a (German) German I would suggest "Lässige Magie"? What do the other German peeps think of that? Also I just realised we found the German title for Jade's next book!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
"Entspannt" is more like relaxed - as a (German) German I would suggest "Lässige Magie"? What do the other German peeps think of that? Also I just realised we found the German title for Jade's next book!
"Gelegenheitsmagie".

Reactions: 20
Can someone ask Jade this on her Instagram? Seeing as she is the expert.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
"Lässige Magie" is the more literal translation but I feel like "Gelegenheitsmagie" really captures the vibe of the phrase!
Yeah I wasn't 100% satisfied with the literal translation, it misses the certain vibe that "casual magic" has. I think Gelegenheitsmagie is a good one! Although that feels VERY German in comparison :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.