Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Whatsallthis

VIP Member
Wow did not see that coming. 😭😭😭

So many unanswered questions tho. Why has Liz got balls of steel? Did I miss that being explained?
Who chopped him up? Did they do it while the tall guy was arrested or what?

Gutted that they couldn’t just let her retire instead of force her back but then we wouldn’t have had this series.

Reactions: 6

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
That Ram really annoys me with his cocky attitude, I hope the smirk gets wiped from his face at some point!

and that Fiona seems very dodgy, as does liz.

At the moment I have no clue what happened or who did what!

LadyMuck

VIP Member
I love this programme but I’m honestly the worst armchair detective! I have no clue at all who murdered the guy. I do not like the two men they interviewed yesterday, the one who is still a policeman is dodgy and the charity man gives me the creeps. The two women are involved, I’m thinking the lady who is in the police the most as she flat out lied.

interested to hear other views (and directions as like I said, I’m awful at guessing!)
I think all four are involved

smg658

Just caught up on season 4. Utterly shocked. I thought Cassie would pull through.

Tui

VIP Member
Haven’t caught up with thread yet, love Unforgotten and cried my eyes out at the finale but very disappointed they used a plum normal CT brain when filming, before the doctor said to “fast bleep the neuros”. The neuros would have been pissed if that was the CT 😂

• Haha

MaryJones1

I thought it was very long drawn out and boring. So many generations and I just didn't really care in the end. Usually a big fan of the show but this series was not great

Gold_7

Chatty Member
I haven’t finished it yet, but I am enjoying it and I like Jessie so far, it would have been hard to replace Cassie and Im Glad they have a completely different sort of character.

One annoyance- why does sunnt always have that stupid backpack!? every scene its like an extended limb attached to him.
I think it looks cute but I do have a slight crush on him 😳

• Haha
  • Heart

laughing

VIP Member
I wonder if this story will keep going into the next series, with Sunny at the helm.

So much answers still to find out

Asgyui

VIP Member
I didnt find anyone of the main suspects that likeable, usually in previous series despite the bad pasts of some people i have warmed to them but they all seemed unlikeable in this.

TheShroplife

I love the fact it's so understated. There's no dramatic action scenes or shoot outs. Just detective work and excellent story telling.

Fiona is getting right on my nerves. Throwing everyone under the bus. I also don't think it's Ram. I agree with that's it's too obvious.
My Mum said its almost like she is watching two normal people in real life if that makes sense, just because the story telling is so good

Dexy

VIP Member
God, that was emotional, I’m crying my eyes out! I did have a feeling that it would be the fabulous Nicola Walker’s last series 😭😭😭 I thought she would have just retired though. They might bring it back, Sunny with a new partner? Not sure it would work without Cassie though
I can’t believe at the beginning I was absolutely fuming at her with wanting to retire 😂 . Would’ve preferred that than this ending. At least then they could’ve been a chance she could come back!

• Sad

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I think they tried to make Jessie be so unlikeable, but in actual fact it's not true. I think it's Sunny Khan that's being unreasonable.

People are complaining because Jessie isn't like Cassie, but the reason Cassie was killed off was because both Nicola Walker and Chris Lang felt the character had run it's course, so what's the point in bringing in like for like? If that's the case just keep Cassie.
Sunny is coming across like he's had a personality transplant, and I know he's portraying grief however it comes across as very OTT. The other detectives suffered the same loss he did, he didn't want the job that Jessie got so I'm not sure why he's constantly at loggerheads with her. The truth is if he liked investigating murders from decades ago, take over the department and keep it like that. You can't suddenly have a huge chip on your shoulder because a new DCI comes in and has different ideas to you.

Possible unpopular opinion: I liked Cassie but her and Sunny are pretty superfluous to the show for me so I don't mind he being replaced - the reason I find Unforgotten so gripping is because of the strength of the mysteries and how well it's plotted. Because it's so hard to get a good whodunit right! I they usually do it so well

I've only seen the first episode, but the mystery element didn't feel as strong an opener as other series. Early days though
I agree, it's such a strong show as a whole that the change of lead has had much less of an impact than I thought it would. And I'm a big Nicola Walker fan.

Just finished it - thought it was great. Love them ripping into the Tories. The social commentary is about as subtle as a brick but I'm here for it.

"That's your fuckin legacy, fella." Absolutely brilliant!