Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I enjoy the storylines of this programme but Cassie’s pauses and over the top acting is ruining it a bit for me.
Yeah I can’t help notice this too! I know she’s been through some tough times but she just always seems so miserable

Reactions: 6

Topaz

Chatty Member
I kept thinking Fiona's dismayed hubby looks so familiar, I checked imdb and he's Jerome Flynn's brother 💡

• Wow

howaboutnot

i think that’s right. The focus had to be on Sunny’s beautiful words.
And Sanjeev's brilliantly understated performance. Just thinking about that moment when he smiles, kisses his fingers and gently touches them to the headstone has me bawling again.

I also feel like this series didn't have as much of his character and old dynamic with Cassie in it so it scratched that itch for me

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
I thought the ending was very poor. But then the storyline was weak compared to other series - usually there's an event (murder) that brings all the people together but this time it felt really jarring. I'm not sure if it was because the murder was only six years ago so life hadn't moved on as much as previous series'. I liked Jessie and I prefer her as a DCI, but this would be my worst ranked due to the murder and storyline around it. It just didn't have the intrigue of season one, the sleaze of series two, the sheer evil of series three or the corruption of series four.
The 'crime' was all a bit odd, they're all damaged people but kind of ended up not knowing who I was supposed to like, dislike, empathise with, sympathise with. Thought the writers did handle the relationship between Sunni and new DCI quite well though.

Leo100

VIP Member
as much as I love this programme I think they should have ended the series when Cassie died. Just not the same without her 😭 I proper cried over her death 🫣 not a massive fan of the new woman, just not working for me!
I've finished the series and I like the new police officer and their stories but wasn't keen on the characters part of the storyline , I didn't really care about any of them or what had happened. I'm enjoying the bay more this time

Rxt156

VIP Member
I’m a bit disappointed with the conclusion to the murder and the involvement of the characters we spent weeks getting to know

Porkiepies

VIP Member
Do we think Felix will show up again and what his significance is. Dean did say ‘I no longer owe you’ and then smashed up the burner phone. , after the trip to France.

I hadn’t planned on watching until all episodes had shown but I rewatched S3 to remind me and of course I got sucked in
I wondered if Felix was a code name for Ram. There's something about Ram that makes me think he manipulated the situation and has used it against Dean for years.

• Wow

nrs264

VIP Member
I love it too. It's one of ITVs best. Their true life crime dramas are well done but a bit flat, probably due to no mystery to solve. The second series was the only one I kinda guessed

• Heart

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Its one of the best crime dramas in recent years. The characters are complex, yet perfectly believable. I've been a fan since the first series.

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I was definitely intending on just watching one a week to keep the suspense and muddle over what had happened… sadly, I have no willpower.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

greenvelvet

VIP Member
What's the deal with Fiona's accident? She's told her partner's brother about it, presumably to avoid telling the truth about being involved in a murder that's being investigated (?). Was Liz involved in meddling with the accident records/case? It's starting to look like she serially covers things up for Fiona to her own detriment (it looks like Fiona was involved in the altercation between Ram and the victim, so that could be Liz's motive for covering it up).

Maybe Liz broke up with her for this reason (ie, she knew she wouldn't stop covering up for Fiona) - it looked like Liz still had feelings for Fiona and like Fiona was still clinging to her, so it would line up well. Also, it airs on Mondays at 9PM!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5