Unforgotten - ITV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
DCI Ram in the allotment with the fountain pen seems way too obvious and neat at this point. I'm surprised none of the 4 of them have tried to pin the whole thing on Rob Forgarty.

Fiona seems hysterical and easily cracks under pressure, but we saw the cold, controlling Liz in the scene with Sheila Hancock (even though the poisonous old bat deserved a telling off 😂).

I'm gonna be so sad when the series wraps up next week, but I've been feeling at the same time that it hasn't had the emotional, devastating impact of previous series. Then it clicked - there's been no family or loved ones missing Matthew Walsh. In past series I've been so heartbroken for the relatives left behind and Cassie has always been deeply affected by that. But no-one seemed to mourn Matthew, the closest we got was his brother being questioned but he seemed more guilty/ashamed at not having helped Matthew that night. Just that whole aspect has felt missing this series.

Reactions: 13
We briefly saw Matthew’s son, but he basically said he had no relationship with his late father. One of my favourite things about Unforgotten was how they show how the murder still impacts the family and even the people involved to this day. We’ve had none of that so far and I really miss it! The suspects are pretty much all arseholes at this stage, other than Dean, so it’s even harder to sympathise with them.

I haven’t really liked this season that much because of it. It’s still a decent police procedural, but missing what made it unique IMO.

Reactions: 9
I think Liz might have killed him, Fiona said they split up when looking for them. Although there was no mention of what she was doing/where she was when Ram was giving CPR.
I reckon they'll find out the pen serial number shows liz mum bought it.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I wondered about the pen too... Fiona’s dad’s/grandad’s handed down? I’m interested to know the history with Ram and his dad too but at this point he’s been made too much into being the ‘villain’ so it can’t possibly be him.

Reactions: 4
Yes I’ve wondered about Ram’s Dad. It can’t simply be that he didn’t become a doctor or a lawyer.

Reactions: 10
Does anyone have any idea when this series will be repeated or on Netflix. We missed the 1st 2 episodes so dh said to wait but I'm dying to watch it.

Not sure when it will be repeated/put on netflix, but can watch the whole thing (including previous seasons) legally on ITV Hub. If you have a Chromecast, you should be able to download the ITV Hub app on it. Or you could cast Unforgotten from your phone to the TV. Or you could play it on your laptop on ITV Hub and link the laptop up to the TV with an HDMI cable (you can buy these for a few quid online).

Here's the first ep https://www.itv.com/hub/unforgotten/2a3372a0019 x

Reactions: 3
Not sure when it will be repeated/put on netflix, but can watch the whole thing (including previous seasons) legally on ITV Hub. If you have a Chromecast, you should be able to download the ITV Hub app on it. Or you could cast Unforgotten from your phone to the TV. Or you could play it on your laptop on ITV Hub and link the laptop up to the TV with an HDMI cable (you can buy these for a few quid online).

Here's the first ep https://www.itv.com/hub/unforgotten/2a3372a0019 x
Thanks but I can't watch itv hub here. I can watch itv on the TV but not online.

I also think Dean could be guilty he’s gone pretty much under the radar.. I’m wondering if Matthew Walsh was the missing brother..

Reactions: 1
So happy there’s a thread for this. Obsessed with unforgotten!

I knew Fiona would crack in some way, she’s such a wet wipe (with issues clearly) the rest of them are clearly nutters aswell in some way. I don’t believe for one second that he slipped and fell and then for whatever reason they all went along with it? If they weren’t particularly close and the only supposed link they have is their lack of family etc then why would you go along with keeping it all a secret? I know I wouldn’t if it was me! So weird. And why aren’t they blaming Fogarty? Surely he’d be an easy way out for them to blame the dead person?Literally have no clue what actually happened.

Could Liz have caught up with Matthew when she and Fiona split to look for him and killed him with this fountain pen for sexually assaulting her on off GF? Argghhhh.

Reactions: 8
Loving this show, think it must be my favorite detective series at the moment
I love the fact it's so understated. There's no dramatic action scenes or shoot outs. Just detective work and excellent story telling.

Fiona is getting right on my nerves. Throwing everyone under the bus. I also don't think it's Ram. I agree with that's it's too obvious.

Reactions: 9
That’s why I love it too. No egos, simmering resentments, ignored clues or evidence or witnessses, no cliched home lives or drink problems. Just detecting graft from people who work in a team and respect each other. Victim and victim’s family (usqually) front and centre. So totally different from most police procedurals.

One of the women led on it I reckon. Rahm is a distraction technique.

Reactions: 7