Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hrh89

VIP Member
Does anyone else love this show? New series starts Monday 9pm I can’t wait!

• Heart
Reactions: 35

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
ITV have confirmed that there will be a fifth series.

I've been thinking about last night. I think the way Cassie died was perfect for the show.

I said previously one reason why I enjoy 'Unforgotten' so much is because it is understated. They could have gone down a much cliche ridden route of having her die a hero in the line of duty or something more schmaltzy like on the phone to her Dad when hit by the car but they didn't.

It came out of the blue. An accident that sounded like it was her fault. Tired and distracted. Unresolved issues with her father and work. No miraculous recovery. All messy and unexpected. Just as real life can be.

Reactions: 34

50sGirl

VIP Member
The bit that got me the most was when Cassie’s dad was replaying her message over and over. 😭

I lost my Dad earlier this year and I remember a few days after he died I went to my answerphone just so I could hear his voice again. I was so sad that there was only one brief message from him from 3 months earlier but loads from other people. I couldn’t understand why there was only one and from so long ago. And then it hit me. It was because I always took his calls. That made me feel so much better.

I know this was only fiction, but I bet poor Cassie’s dad wished he’d taken her call.
I bawled my eyes out. Never expected her to die. They kept that ending so secret which I think is what made it all the more shocking.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
No idea who is the main murderer yet but i think Monarch of the Glen and Dad's girlfriend are in cahoots to scam Cassie and the Dad, neither of them are likeable.
Cassie's boyfriend is adding absolutely nothing to the programme. He just seems pointless. Remember a few years ago when she and Sunny had a brief snog? Think she'd have been better off getting together with him, though it probably wouldn't have been great from a work perspective.

This is weird. I feel like I'm writing about myself in the third person 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21

The Dowager

Chatty Member
Sobbing.

The writers may be excellent, but they’re also complete bastards; how could you break our hearts like that after the year we’ve had?!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

50sGirl

VIP Member
Aw Peter Egan, the actor who played Cassie‘s father, announced today that his wife of 45 years has died. How sad. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 19

Dexy

VIP Member
ITV have confirmed that there will be a fifth series.

I've been thinking about last night. I think the way Cassie died was perfect for the show.

I said previously one reason why I enjoy 'Unforgotten' so much is because it is understated. They could have gone down a much cliche ridden route of having her die a hero in the line of duty or something more schmaltzy like on the phone to her Dad when hit by the car but they didn't.

It came out of the blue. An accident that sounded like it was her fault. Tired and distracted. Unresolved issues with her father and work. No miraculous recovery. All messy and unexpected. Just as real life can be.
100% agree. Still wish it hadn’t happened but I agree it was very understated and shocking. Probably why we are all in tears.
Chris Lang said “ season four is about our relationship with the police “ and how we can sometimes have a love/hate relationship with them but ultimately he hoped it was love 😭. I think that came across really well. The job was making her ill, she didn’t want to go back, she told Sunny to rein her in if necessary, she was letting the stress filter into her private life, maybe a tad paranoid, never had time for the boyfriend, and was giving her all to the job while up against people in her own line of work, both higher powers ( her own superior ) and corruption ( Ram, Liz ) in the force. Then just as she’s about to retire, one last job, just like that, her time is up. She sacrificed it all.
I think sometimes we focus so much on what the police don’t do we forget about the cost/price they have to pay for serving us.

Reactions: 17

Porkiepies

VIP Member
  • Heart

TheBlondeBuffoon

I thought it wasn’t a very good episode. But the circumstances surrounding Cassie’s death had me in absolute floods. It was just so close to home. I work on a neuro icu, and that scenario is just all too familiar. I didn’t see it coming either, when usually I’m quite good at spotting plot twists like that. Even though she’d been in a bad crash I thought she’s one of the main characters she’s not going to die!

• Sad

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
Having reflected a bit, there are a lot of loose ends I’d like cleared up... what did Liz tell her dad before he died? Sheila Hancock was so vile but under-utilised overall. Same with the tension between Ram and his dad, was that from his career choice? His first marriage not working out? His dodgy dealings?

Too many characters in the mix for a series that ultimately was only really about our Cass. I’m still gutted about that bit!

ComeForTheX StayForTheY

Slightly OT but .... I have just discovered Nicola Walker's first movie credit, on Four Weddings and a Funeral & cannot believe I have only found this out 🤣
Screenshot_20210405-175801.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14