Unforgotten - ITV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn't sure after the first episode, but I loved it - just as gripping as it's always been for me. I like that's there's no straightforward horrible baddie and sympathies aren't that clear.

Only gripe is that once the social worker storyline got going, it was pretty obvious that was a red herring

I really like Jessie though and Sinead Keenan is a fantastic actress

Reactions: 4
I didnt find anyone of the main suspects that likeable, usually in previous series despite the bad pasts of some people i have warmed to them but they all seemed unlikeable in this.

Reactions: 6
I was going to watch one a week, I watch everything on catch up. But reading this thread makes me wanna binge watch it when I have a day off tomorrow

Reactions: 2
Watched it all and for me it's the weakest series, and that's due to the mystery. I just never found it particularly engaging and the solution was a bit meh.

Reactions: 12
Finally fished all the episodes! Now wishing I had taken it steady as I have nothing to watch haha

As others have said, I really liked Jessie in the end. Once she got her tit together, she and Sunny were a good team and it was nice to see everyone around her accept her too. Even the little things like her eventually using Kaz's nickname instead of calling her Karen, was nice to see. I liked the way we didn't like her at first, and then she settled in - i'm glad she didn't come in as a Cassie replacement, but more her own character. I thought the crime was good, but the ending felt so unfinished - the grandson admits to lying but then there's nothing more. It felt like it needed something else. And also Jessie better not just accept her husband, I hope she gives him a tough time if he is going to come back for good. I liked all the side stories this time, Sunny's in particular was really good and a lot stronger than his stories have been in the past. And that's the end of my babbling! It was a slow start (It took me ages to go from episode one to two as I was bored) but overall it was fab.
---
Also, very random and not related to this series at all (and apologies if it has already been mentioned) do we ever find out where Kaz went in series 2 and 3? She randomly pops up again in series 4, and all Cassie says is "and welcome back" and it's never really mentioned again?

Confused!

Why did Anthony Hume confess to shooting Joseph when he didn’t do it? It made no sense.

Confused!

Why did Anthony Hume confess to shooting Joseph when he didn’t do it? It made no sense.
I thought he used vague language ("snuffed [them] out") so didn't outright confess but it's got to have been some form of redemption for him. Even if his reputation is forever destroyed, it'll give him some peace of mind that he's trying to atone for what he did to the Falade family. Especially after meeting Jay. There's his own grandson going around assaulting women and getting away with it despite his privileged upbringing, while Jay is living a bleak life which is all Hume's fault. He was already trying to make reparations (for himself)by helping underprivileged youths and rejecting his old policies. This is the last thing he can do for Bele and Jay before he dies. That was just how I interpreted it.

Reactions: 5
I thought he used vague language ("snuffed [them] out") so didn't outright confess but it's got to have been some form of redemption for him. Even if his reputation is forever destroyed, it'll give him some peace of mind that he's trying to atone for what he did to the Falade family. Especially after meeting Jay. There's his own grandson going around assaulting women and getting away with it despite his privileged upbringing, while Jay is living a bleak life which is all Hume's fault. He was already trying to make reparations (for himself)by helping underprivileged youths and rejecting his old policies. This is the last thing he can do for Bele and Jay before he dies. That was just how I interpreted it.
Yes I think that’s how it was supposed to be interpreted but, knowing he only had 3 months left to live, it didn’t seem to ring true for me that he’d choose to spend them on remand rather than with his wife. I may have misremembered but I thought he said he shot Joseph in the head?

Was lovely to see Hayley Mills again.

Reactions: 3
I miss you Cassie ❤ I remember how sad we a were when you shuffled off the mortal coil 🥺
Same. I did proper heaving, ugly sobs. It hit hard.

I was excited to see the show return but also scared I wouldn’t like it as much. So so far binge watched two episodes last night and three tonight 🤣.

• Heart
Just finished rewatching series 1-4. (Went back after watching the new series 5)

just finished the dreaded s4 ep 6. Bawling my eyes out again. It’s made me miss Cassie all over again. 😭 that episode was just absolutely gut wrenching

• Heart
not Watched them all yet but up to episode 4. This whole storyline with Sunnys partner leaving him , isn't that what happened in the earlier series with his ex? His marriage broke down because of work. I don't want to be negative as I am really enjoying the series , think its done so well but they could have thought of something different as a side story

I do like how realistic it is for the 'Guv' to be upset the fact its effected her at work though , usually when a partner cheats in a drama they throw the clothes out then window and carry on as if nothing happened

Reactions: 1
not Watched them all yet but up to episode 4. This whole storyline with Sunnys partner leaving him , isn't that what happened in the earlier series with his ex? His marriage broke down because of work. I don't want to be negative as I am really enjoying the series , think its done so well but they could have thought of something different as a side story

I do like how realistic it is for the 'Guv' to be upset the fact its effected her at work though , usually when a partner cheats in a drama they throw the clothes out then window and carry on as if nothing happened
Sunnys wife left him for someone else. It doesn’t mention it was anything to do with work. In series 3 he says to her something along the lines of “you left to be with your “soulmate” when she asks to come back home to live with him and the daughters but he didn’t want to get back together.

Its been a while since i last saw earlier series but i assumed he had long separated from partner/mother of his children.
In The Bay the boss guy separated with his wife because he spent too much time at work and i'm sure its happened in other crime dramas

Reactions: 1
Its been a while since i last saw earlier series but i assumed he had long separated from partner/mother of his children.
In The Bay the boss guy separated with his wife because he spent too much time at work and i'm sure its happened in other crime dramas
Yeah I think I was getting confused with the bay. I've not watched Unforgotten since it aired on mainstream TV. I watch that many dramas they all merge into one 😆 I remember an actor being on Unforgotten and something else on BBC at the same time and I kept getting confused between the storylines

Yeah I think I was getting confused with the bay. I've not watched Unforgotten since it aired on mainstream TV. I watch that many dramas they all merge into one 😆 I remember an actor being on Unforgotten and something else on BBC at the same time and I kept getting confused between the storylines
Was it that Scottish guy with grey hair who’s in everything? He was in Shetland on BBC maybe same time as unforgotten.

Yeah thats the one 😂
---
ETA - the other show was Apple Tree Yard , barely remember it though but I do know I watched it
Same!! I think I read the book and they were both good but can’t remember a dickie bird about it😂

• Haha