Unforgotten - ITV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also remember her being in something quite a while back and she played the baddie, she was quite deranged in it! It was either on BBC or ITV. I’ll have to check out her filmography
Was it scott and bailey?

she played an alcoholic who had a terrible childhood abused by her parents (Dad was played by George Costigan) and witnessed them murder and bury young males and her siblings. Then she went onto try and murder the SIO and ended up committing suicide

Reactions: 4
Was it scott and bailey?

she played an alcoholic who had a terrible childhood abused by her parents (Dad was played by George Costigan) and witnessed them murder and bury young males and her siblings. Then she went onto try and murder the SIO and ended up committing suicide
Yes! I think it was this, thank you!

Well I think I've been living under a rock and completely missed this series! I started them 3 weeks ago and finished the last one last night. I love the interwoven stories when you know they are connected but wait to find out how.

I actually think Sanjeev is a better actor than Nicola Walker. I like her but she does do the pauses in Last Tango in Halifax too. He was amazing in series 4.
This series seemed to have quite a few unanswered questions such as, three of them turning a blind eye to the man dying in the allotment is very different to assisting in chopping the body up isn't it? plus, if that did happen, then I'm surprised they didn't fit in a blackmail storyline somewhere as Fogarty seemed to bear the brunt of it all when the others went about their lives. He could have been blackmailing all of them.
I agree that this season missed something as it had no grieving relatives but I suppose that's realistic and must be the situation for most cold cases.

I thought it was going to be Liz as she seemed the most controlled and most intelligent plus we saw her write with a fountain pen.

In retrospect, the 'police officer dies just before retirement' storyline is very common but they did it really well. There was no solemn turning off of the machines and Sunny's voiceover was perfect at the end. I think they can bring the series back with the red headed DC partnering Sanjeev, she's really good - especially if they came back with a really good story next time- it just wouldn't be a direct replacement.

Reactions: 11
Just caught up on season 4. Utterly shocked. I thought Cassie would pull through.

Reactions: 6
I must be one of the few people coming to this at series one. It is very realistic and the characters mix well with one another. Actually it's fair to say I'm hooked 😀.

Reactions: 7
I'm disappointed in the latest series. The plot wasn't as gripping as the first three and killing off Cassie was just incredibly sudden and unneeded, especially with it not being linked to the case at all. I think they could've come up with something really clever and gripping if they knew Nicola wasn't coming back.

Reactions: 8
I'm disappointed in the latest series. The plot wasn't as gripping as the first three and killing off Cassie was just incredibly sudden and unneeded, especially with it not being linked to the case at all. I think they could've come up with something really clever and gripping if they knew Nicola wasn't coming back.
I wanted to see her enjoy retirement😭

Reactions: 4
I must be one of the few people coming to this at series one. It is very realistic and the characters mix well with one another. Actually it's fair to say I'm hooked 😀.
I was late to it too and only started series one a few weeks ago. Straight after series 4 I started Line of Duty. Don't get me wrong, that's a great series but I really like the pace and greater attempt at realism with Unforgotten. The use of a white board as opposed to a branded powerpoint or example.

Reactions: 2
Bloodyhell I’ve just finished watching series 4. I knew something was going to happen because my Grandma had told me that the last episode was “very sad” and on LoD theories, I’d seen someone somewhere say that they probably wouldn’t be afraid to kill off a big character - “just look at Unforgotten”.

The part where her dad is listening to the voicemail 😭 and when Sunny arrives at the hospital 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 11
  • Heart
Reactions: 17