Unforgotten - ITV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same!! I think I read the book and they were both good but can’t remember a dickie bird about it😂
Apple Tree Yard was the one where Emily Watson had lots of sex in various places! I think she worked for the government or something.

Reactions: 3
I’m so pleased it’s back. I miss Cassie but Jessie is great and I adore Sunny.

I thought it was a very clever exploration of intergenerational trauma but done cleverly enough to not be preachy or saccharine. The social worker storyline was pointless though.

Reactions: 7
I’m so pleased it’s back. I miss Cassie but Jessie is great and I adore Sunny.

I thought it was a very clever exploration of intergenerational trauma but done cleverly enough to not be preachy or saccharine. The social worker storyline was pointless though.
I didn't mind the social worker bit being a red herring, but it just didn't feel as well thought through as the main storyline and just a bit of an afterthought - like, the whole thing with his partner and wanting a baby felt half-baked - was that supposed to show he was a manipulative person? And were they saying that if you're under pressure in a stressful job then you do bad things, or just he was always a wrongun.

Had to laugh at the shot of him after he'd stolen the watches, just having them there for all to see on the car seat, not hidden away, just so he could stare at them in n a perplexed way 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I haven’t finished it yet, but I am enjoying it and I like Jessie so far, it would have been hard to replace Cassie and Im Glad they have a completely different sort of character.

One annoyance- why does sunnt always have that stupid backpack!? every scene its like an extended limb attached to him.

• Haha
I haven’t finished it yet, but I am enjoying it and I like Jessie so far, it would have been hard to replace Cassie and Im Glad they have a completely different sort of character.

One annoyance- why does sunnt always have that stupid backpack!? every scene its like an extended limb attached to him.
I think it looks cute but I do have a slight crush on him 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I think it looks cute but I do have a slight crush on him 😳
Haha it just makes me think of all school aged boys and i just don’t understand why its always on him, no one else carries their bags 🤣

😂 the actor used a photo of the backpack on twitter to announce that there would be a new series

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Regular back pack updates on insta too 😂

• Haha
Anyone know where we can watch the latest season in Australia? We absolutely loved Unforgotten and love Nicola Walker!! 😭😭

Reactions: 2
I've just finished the latest series and thought it was weak all round tbh. Cassie was a much nicer, more relatable character right from the off, didn't take to Jessie at all (and it annoyed me that wardrobe insisted on dressing her in those awful tank tops which just make the fact she has a very small frame compared to the size of her head even more obvious - I appreciate that is a small point, but once you see it you can't unsee it, and it just kept irritating me in every episode!). Sunny also underwent a personality transplant which felt like it was more to make a story of them being incompatible and then working round it/ finding common ground rather than how his character would actually have behaved.

I also didn't care for the social commentary alongside the slightly patronising suggestion that if you're from a troubled background you'll have a tit life and that's just your lot. And the message that physically abusing someone is fine because again, you've had a hard life and it's not your fault. Not one person in it, rich or poor, was remotely likeable, indeed the total opposite and as a result I felt zero empathy for any of them . Unlike say the series with Mark Bonnar in where despite the crimes the 3 main characters committed, you couldn't help but feel sorry for them for what they'd been through.

Reactions: 10
I've just finished the latest series and thought it was weak all round tbh. Cassie was a much nicer, more relatable character right from the off, didn't take to Jessie at all (and it annoyed me that wardrobe insisted on dressing her in those awful tank tops which just make the fact she has a very small frame compared to the size of her head even more obvious - I appreciate that is a small point, but once you see it you can't unsee it, and it just kept irritating me in every episode!). Sunny also underwent a personality transplant which felt like it was more to make a story of them being incompatible and then working round it/ finding common ground rather than how his character would actually have behaved.

I also didn't care for the social commentary alongside the slightly patronising suggestion that if you're from a troubled background you'll have a tit life and that's just your lot. And the message that physically abusing someone is fine because again, you've had a hard life and it's not your fault. Not one person in it, rich or poor, was remotely likeable, indeed the total opposite and as a result I felt zero empathy for any of them . Unlike say the series with Mark Bonnar in where despite the crimes the 3 main characters committed, you couldn't help but feel sorry for them for what they'd been through.
I thought this about her head too🙈

Reactions: 1

couldn't have said it better myself , that lad was going round mugging innocent people to feed his girlfriends drug habit what about the victims of that who have also been traumatised from that and probably too scared to go out alone and the Nan was abusing her husband. As you said not one likeable character within the murder suspects. Despite that I still love the show and gutted I've watched it so quick now its over again, I think they may do more series though hopefully

Reactions: 2

Her tiny pony tail annoyed me. I couldn’t stop looking at it. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
as much as I love this programme I think they should have ended the series when Cassie died. Just not the same without her 😭 I proper cried over her death 🫣 not a massive fan of the new woman, just not working for me!

as much as I love this programme I think they should have ended the series when Cassie died. Just not the same without her 😭 I proper cried over her death 🫣 not a massive fan of the new woman, just not working for me!
I've finished the series and I like the new police officer and their stories but wasn't keen on the characters part of the storyline , I didn't really care about any of them or what had happened. I'm enjoying the bay more this time

Reactions: 6