Unforgotten - ITV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished watching ep 1. I thought it was excellent. I’m going to try and ration myself to watching one ep per week. 😂

Reactions: 7
Just finished watching ep 1. I thought it was excellent. I’m going to try and ration myself to watching one ep per week. 😂
That was my plan but I've watched them all 😂😂 I thought it was very good.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think they tried to make Jessie be so unlikeable, but in actual fact it's not true. I think it's Sunny Khan that's being unreasonable.

People are complaining because Jessie isn't like Cassie, but the reason Cassie was killed off was because both Nicola Walker and Chris Lang felt the character had run it's course, so what's the point in bringing in like for like? If that's the case just keep Cassie.
Sunny is coming across like he's had a personality transplant, and I know he's portraying grief however it comes across as very OTT. The other detectives suffered the same loss he did, he didn't want the job that Jessie got so I'm not sure why he's constantly at loggerheads with her. The truth is if he liked investigating murders from decades ago, take over the department and keep it like that. You can't suddenly have a huge chip on your shoulder because a new DCI comes in and has different ideas to you.

Possible unpopular opinion: I liked Cassie but her and Sunny are pretty superfluous to the show for me so I don't mind he being replaced - the reason I find Unforgotten so gripping is because of the strength of the mysteries and how well it's plotted. Because it's so hard to get a good whodunit right! I they usually do it so well

I've only seen the first episode, but the mystery element didn't feel as strong an opener as other series. Early days though

Reactions: 13
Possible unpopular opinion: I liked Cassie but her and Sunny are pretty superfluous to the show for me so I don't mind he being replaced - the reason I find Unforgotten so gripping is because of the strength of the mysteries and how well it's plotted. Because it's so hard to get a good whodunit right! I they usually do it so well

I've only seen the first episode, but the mystery element didn't feel as strong an opener as other series. Early days though
I agree, it's such a strong show as a whole that the change of lead has had much less of an impact than I thought it would. And I'm a big Nicola Walker fan.

Just finished it - thought it was great. Love them ripping into the Tories. The social commentary is about as subtle as a brick but I'm here for it.

"That's your fuckin legacy, fella." Absolutely brilliant!

I feel like there's too much going on , so many side stories , can't remember the first couple of series in detail not watched them since they first aired but I'm assuming that's just format

Reactions: 1
Binged the whole new series on Itv hub. Really loved it. Obviously I missed Cassie but i thoroughly enjoyed it. Sanjeev Bhaskar is just so perfectly cast as Sunny. I really warmed to Jessie by the end of the series and I think she was a great replacement. I hope they do another. I’m rewatching it all from series 1 now as I haven’t seen it for a while.

Reactions: 11
Have only watched one episode so far, but I quite like that they've made Jessie unlikeable. If they had brought in a character that was trying to get on with everyone and do things exactly as they had before, it might be like they're trying to just replace Cassie. Realistically, when you start a new job, you want to go in and make a difference and put your stamp on things. That's all she's doing! As well as being distracted by her personal life. I think we'll end up warming to her. But overall i'm glad there is a bit of tension and we don't immediately like her, cos we don't need a Cassie replacement.

Reactions: 14
Just finished the series - also really enjoyed it!

I missed Cassie but loved sunny and how they depicted the team adjusting to having a new boss so many great touches!

Reactions: 7
Can people please not mention episodes that haven't been aired on mainstream TV yet or hide them in a spoiler

Reactions: 5
I was definitely intending on just watching one a week to keep the suspense and muddle over what had happened… sadly, I have no willpower.

I thought the ending was very poor. But then the storyline was weak compared to other series - usually there's an event (murder) that brings all the people together but this time it felt really jarring. I'm not sure if it was because the murder was only six years ago so life hadn't moved on as much as previous series'. I liked Jessie and I prefer her as a DCI, but this would be my worst ranked due to the murder and storyline around it. It just didn't have the intrigue of season one, the sleaze of series two, the sheer evil of series three or the corruption of series four.

Reactions: 11
I thought the ending was very poor. But then the storyline was weak compared to other series - usually there's an event (murder) that brings all the people together but this time it felt really jarring. I'm not sure if it was because the murder was only six years ago so life hadn't moved on as much as previous series'. I liked Jessie and I prefer her as a DCI, but this would be my worst ranked due to the murder and storyline around it. It just didn't have the intrigue of season one, the sleaze of series two, the sheer evil of series three or the corruption of series four.
The 'crime' was all a bit odd, they're all damaged people but kind of ended up not knowing who I was supposed to like, dislike, empathise with, sympathise with. Thought the writers did handle the relationship between Sunni and new DCI quite well though.

Surprised how much I liked the new Cassie. The writers did a great job integrating her - we all felt what Sunni felt at first, so when he accepted her, we did too.

The crime story was boring as tit. That is all.

Reactions: 5