Unforgotten - ITV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having reflected a bit, there are a lot of loose ends I’d like cleared up... what did Liz tell her dad before he died? Sheila Hancock was so vile but under-utilised overall. Same with the tension between Ram and his dad, was that from his career choice? His first marriage not working out? His dodgy dealings?

Too many characters in the mix for a series that ultimately was only really about our Cass. I’m still gutted about that bit!

Reactions: 17
I was thinking that the girl with the red hair seemed to be in a lot of the scenes, do you think she could be Sunny's new partner? I'm not over it yet.

I thought the same, we seem to have got to know her a bit more recently.

Also disappointed with the ending, it felt very rushed. Why hadn't they picked up before about the connection with Dean's brother? I really didnt want it to be dean! Why was dean paying ram ? Surely they would have picked up their connection sooner. Maybe I'm just trying to distract myself from potential loss of my fave series and upset of losing main character ! I cant believe she died, I thought she lose some brain function, then all of a.sudden her grave stone:(

Reactions: 12
The ending was so emotional and I liked the usually storylines with Cassy/Sunny throughout but I think this series had the weakest murder story, definitely not as good as the previous series.

Reactions: 14
Dean was paying ram as it was his contact working in customs

And I presumed that liz had told her daddy they concealed a body before he died as it had been eating her up.

Reactions: 4
Dean was paying ram as it was his contact working in customs

And I presumed that liz had told her daddy they concealed a body before he died as it had been eating her up.
I thought she told her dad she was a lesbian but I could be wrong. I’ve literally got a list of questions as long as my arm

Reactions: 2
I’m still upset about Cass today. I feel like I’ve lost someone real! 😭 what is wrong with me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
ITV have confirmed that there will be a fifth series.

I've been thinking about last night. I think the way Cassie died was perfect for the show.

I said previously one reason why I enjoy 'Unforgotten' so much is because it is understated. They could have gone down a much cliche ridden route of having her die a hero in the line of duty or something more schmaltzy like on the phone to her Dad when hit by the car but they didn't.

It came out of the blue. An accident that sounded like it was her fault. Tired and distracted. Unresolved issues with her father and work. No miraculous recovery. All messy and unexpected. Just as real life can be.

Reactions: 34
Haven’t caught up with thread yet, love Unforgotten and cried my eyes out at the finale but very disappointed they used a plum normal CT brain when filming, before the doctor said to “fast bleep the neuros”. The neuros would have been pissed if that was the CT 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m still upset about Cass today. I feel like I’ve lost someone real! 😭 what is wrong with me 😂
Me too. I was mulling it over on the school run 😂. Just proves what an incredible writer Chris Lang is ( although I still haven’t forgiven him ) and what a brilliant actress Nicola Walker is. 👏🏻

Reactions: 9
I’m thinking that the murder mystery was a secondary plot and it was all about Cassie’s story which is probably why it had so many loose ends.

Reactions: 7
ITV have confirmed that there will be a fifth series.

I've been thinking about last night. I think the way Cassie died was perfect for the show.

I said previously one reason why I enjoy 'Unforgotten' so much is because it is understated. They could have gone down a much cliche ridden route of having her die a hero in the line of duty or something more schmaltzy like on the phone to her Dad when hit by the car but they didn't.

It came out of the blue. An accident that sounded like it was her fault. Tired and distracted. Unresolved issues with her father and work. No miraculous recovery. All messy and unexpected. Just as real life can be.
100% agree. Still wish it hadn’t happened but I agree it was very understated and shocking. Probably why we are all in tears.
Chris Lang said “ season four is about our relationship with the police “ and how we can sometimes have a love/hate relationship with them but ultimately he hoped it was love 😭. I think that came across really well. The job was making her ill, she didn’t want to go back, she told Sunny to rein her in if necessary, she was letting the stress filter into her private life, maybe a tad paranoid, never had time for the boyfriend, and was giving her all to the job while up against people in her own line of work, both higher powers ( her own superior ) and corruption ( Ram, Liz ) in the force. Then just as she’s about to retire, one last job, just like that, her time is up. She sacrificed it all.
I think sometimes we focus so much on what the police don’t do we forget about the cost/price they have to pay for serving us.

Reactions: 17
Oh my God!!!!!!!!! What the duck!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe the other characters' involvement was so minimal...the thing with Dean's brother seemed to come out of nowhere. Shell-shocked

Reactions: 2
I’m a bit disappointed with the conclusion to the murder and the involvement of the characters we spent weeks getting to know

I'm still confused about Dean & the dug smuggling. Who was he doing it for? And why did Ram's dad not speak to him?

I'm still confused about Dean & the dug smuggling. Who was he doing it for? And why did Ram's dad not speak to him?
I think Dean was using the drug money to finance his charity work - his way of making reparation. Ram's dad may not have been impressed because he didn't follow tradition and marry a Sikh woman and work in the family business

Reactions: 5
Just watched and I agree with most of the comments. Wasn't expecting her to die. I had actually "forgotten" about the accident last week (excuse the pun). I have so many unanswered questions and feel we were a bit short changed. What was the point in all the story lines (horrible mum, drugs run to France etc) without telling us what happened. Also, controversially, Cassie was pissing me off this series with her big long miserable face 😩 Will be delighted to see it back next series with Sunny

I wonder if this story will keep going into the next series, with Sunny at the helm.

So much answers still to find out

I found the last episode all over the place. In order to do everything justice it could have done with an extra episode. So many unanswered questions

Reactions: 11
I found the last episode all over the place. In order to do everything justice it could have done with an extra episode. So many unanswered questions
I said this too. They could’ve easily concentrated on the case for that episode, elaborated a bit more and then given Cassie the last episode. It did seemed rushed.